French Motorbike Rider Charged with Hit and Run After Thai Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Patong

webfact

4 minutes ago, MarkT63 said:

Ralf, it is really quite easy to calculate how fast he was going.

The lady looked like she just came out of a 7-11 so we can calculate the average length of a store front of 7-11's in Patong.

We know the make and model of the white car that drives through the frame ahead of him so we have the dimensions of the vehicle and can easily calculate the speed it was travelling as a benchmark for all other vehicles in the frame.

Looking at the clip we can see the guy in the yellow T-Shirt is walking at a very casual pace so we can calculate how fast he was walking.

We know the make and model of the bike the "gentleman" in question was driving so we have the dimensions of that.

Putting all the above evidence together we can make a fairly accurate calculation of the speed he was travelling.

It was TOO FXXXXXG FAST.

Happy now?

All that from from a questionable surveillance video.

But, calculating the speed (the one you claim can be calculated)...... what was it ?

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Ventured over to patong for the 1st time in a very long while, morons like the guy in the article are literally everywhere, groups of them on the roads and have NFI how to ride, any semblance of a straight and they're going as fast as they can then continually hard braking.

Would've loved to have seen them have a pile up and hurt just themselves.

Edited by beechbum
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not defending this kook, but I watched vid and I couldn’t see any zebra stripes plus the girl clearly couldn’t have looked that well to not see his lights approaching 

but clearly riding way too fast at night in built up and not stopping if spineless and indefensible ????

Is it just me, or do the falangs (in Pattaya at least) ride their bikes more recklessly than locals lately?

It's almost daily that I have to put up with idiots driving and overtaking much too fast from the left side (even when I have the indicator on to turn left), riding in the middle or fast lane weaving, and so on....  You would think foreigners would have much more sense, riding bikes in Thailand!!!!

1 hour ago, ketilnm said:

Did you see the clip?   The answer is:  Too fast for a narrow road, busy, with people on each side...

And yet here we are, you replying to with nothing but conjecture.

To answer my question accurately the answer is we do not know

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, ketilnm said:

Did you see the clip?   The answer is:  Too fast for a narrow road, busy, with people on each side...

I and just about all of the other posters here agree with you, however Ralf001 won't have a bar of it, and I have to wonder what his motive is??

The lady seemed to wait for the first motor scooter to pass before trying to cross the road appearing to think she was clear.  But then attempted to run at the last second before being mowed down.

As a walker sometimes it appears that only one motorbike is coming when I cross roads as the second motor scooter is perfectly positioned to .