Biden healthy, vigorous and fit for job, says doctor

Social Media

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I like the way you so very carefully worded that response.

Nothing about his mental or cognitive fitness?  There is nothing unusual or wrong with an 80 year old man starting to deteriorate.  But not when he is President. 

There was a poll taken in August of 2020 on this ,majority think they should.

Mind you this is so telling now especially after biden was asking for a  dead congress person at a political engagement.

"Jackie, are you here? Where's Jackie," he said looking out into the audience on Wednesday morning. "She was going to be here." 

“Should presidential candidates be required to take cognitive exams and drug tests”?

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/08/06/presidential-candidates-drug-test-cognitive-exam

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/28/1125591160/biden-jackie-walorski

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Trump passed his physical exams without any issues and his heel spurs have fully healed 

Yet, Trump might either write his own results or get his doctor to lie for him.

Donald Trump wrote own health letter, says physician Harold Bornstein - BBC News

Trump’s Doctor Just Admitted He Lied to Stay “Upbeat.” He’s Still Leaving Big Questions Unanswered. – Mother Jones

Edited by LosLobo

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I am sure the President was far too busy to bother with the 10 minutes the Montreal Cognitive Assessment takes....  Did his doctor advise him not to take it? Physically he is in very good shape for an 80 year old man, but that is not the issue.  Presidents have been effective even when wheelchair bound.   His cognitive abilities are the problem. 

Don’t worry, there’s a procedure for ruddying Presidents to the Walter Reed in the middle of the night to administer the ‘Montreal Test’

We are yet to be told what would trigger such a procedure, but we do know it exits.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, riclag said:

Mind you this is so telling now especially after biden was asking for a  dead congress person at a political engagement.

"Jackie, are you here? Where's Jackie," he said looking out into the audience on Wednesday morning. "She was going to be here." 

“Should presidential candidates be required to take cognitive exams and drug tests”?

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/08/06/presidential-candidates-drug-test-cognitive-exam

Now that's a hoot....trumpers making fun of biden for occasional gaffes.....Obviously they have never watched or  heard any of trumps rambling incoherent rally speeches where he can't follow a train of thought for ten seconds and comes across as a blathering idiot....and i do believe the blathering idiot wants to be POTUS again in spite of being so delusional that he apparently still thinks he actually won the election....and gee tell us again which foot those bone spurs were in that saved you from vietnam?  Oh that's right, can't remember....Alzheimer's or lies?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, riclag said:

People get things wrong and get confused at any age. It's not a hanging offense. It's only poor form when it's deliberate. Trump confused his first wife for his accused rape victim in a law court. Is Trump senile? You imply Biden is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I like the way you so very carefully worded that response.

Nothing about his mental or cognitive fitness?  There is nothing unusual or wrong with an 80 year old man starting to deteriorate.  But not when he is President. 

He is a 80 years old grandpa and a conventional POTUS who presides and consult with cabinet and advisors. He experience and congeniality with senators also allows him to seek advice and consent on legislation. Quite different from the unconventional reckless style of the previous POTUS who think he is smarter than his cabinet ministers. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

People get things wrong and get confused at any age. It's not a hanging offense. It's only poor form when it's deliberate. Trump confused his first wife for his accused rape victim in a law court. Is Trump senile? You imply Biden is.

Here we are, NABAT (Not As Bad As Trump) territory again.  

I don't want ANY president getting confused about important matters, such as who is alive or dead. I don't think Biden is senile yet, but it is obvious he is on the road to that sad place. 

Worse, it projects an image of weakness and instability to the world.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He is a 80 years old grandpa and a conventional POTUS who presides and consult with cabinet and advisors. He experience and congeniality with senators also allows him to seek advice and consent on legislation. Quite different from the unconventional reckless style of the previous POTUS who think he is smarter than his cabinet ministers. 

Again, a little dose of NABAT to justify the current President's obvious declining skills.   I would have been a lot more comfortable with 2008 Joe Biden than 2022.  He has been getting pushed around by the progressive wing of his party far too much, seems unable to concentrate or understand things happening around him, and just looks, well, old. I can't see Putin or Xi quaking in their boots over anything Biden says or does.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So, if a doctor says he's healthy and fit then it's true, right? Otherwise Biden would be complicit in a lie by endorsing public statements about his health.

Sure, ole Joe is fit as a fiddle.  :clap2:

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Here we are, NABAT (Not As Bad As Trump) territory again.  

I don't want ANY president getting confused about important matters, such as who is alive or dead. I don't think Biden is senile yet, but it is obvious he is on the road to that sad place. 

Worse, it projects an image of weakness and instability to the world.

The world opinion of POTUS is very positive and his age not a concern. Your worry misguided. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/07/25/international-opinion-of-joe-biden-in-6-charts/

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So his doc is lying? I understand you may have reason to disbelieve presidential doctors but are you accusing this one of lying?

Oh no, I'm sure the tests Biden took were passed. Fit as a fiddle he is.

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Again, a little dose of NABAT to justify the current President's obvious declining skills.   I would have been a lot more comfortable with 2008 Joe Biden than 2022.  He has been getting pushed around by the progressive wing of his party far too much, seems unable to concentrate or understand things happening around him, and just looks, well, old. I can't see Putin or Xi quaking in their boots over anything Biden says or does.

So did Putin or Xi ever "quake in their boots" over anything another POTUS said or did?

Edited by candide

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The world opinion of POTUS is very positive and his age not a concern. Your worry misguided. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/07/25/international-opinion-of-joe-biden-in-6-charts/

International people dont vote for potus but Americans do! This months. The majority of Your fellow brothers and sisters think he’s a liability .

Follow-up interviews with poll respondents suggest that many believe the 80-year-old’s age is a liability, with people focused on his coughing, his gait, his gaffes and the possibility that the world’s most stressful job would be better suited for someone younger.

Me thinks they have a right to be concerned!

https://apnews.com/article/ap-norc-poll-biden-2024-presidential-prospects-c843c5af6775b4c8a0cff8e2b1db03f6

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

So did Putin or Xi ever "quake in their boots" over anything another POTUS said or did?

Well, Putin didn't start any wars under the previous POTUS, as he did under this one AND the one before the Bad Orange Man. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

Now that's a hoot....trumpers making fun of biden for occasional gaffes.....Obviously they have never watched or  heard any of trumps rambling incoherent rally speeches where he can't follow a train of thought for ten seconds and comes across as a blathering idiot....and i do believe the blathering idiot wants to be POTUS again in spite of being so delusional that he apparently still thinks he actually won the election....and gee tell us again which foot those bone spurs were in that saved you from vietnam?  Oh that's right, can't remember....Alzheimer's or lies?

Occasional gaffes.....now that's a hoot...????

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

So, many friendly countries see Biden as a squish, an affable old doofus.  Proves nothing.  Even so, the polls showed that confidence in Biden dropped across the board as time went by. To quote the survery:

The share of adults who have confidence in Biden on the world stage has decreased by double digits in 13 of the 14 countries surveyed in both years. In Italy, Greece, Spain and Singapore, half or more now have little or no confidence in the U.S. president. 

Guess once they got to know him, their confidence waned.

I also notice that any adversarial nations were not counted in the polling as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

So, according to you, he was afraid of Trump?

Good question. I will just let the facts speak for themselves and let you decide the reasons. Putin invaded Ukraine twice, while the Democrats held the White House.  He didn't under Trump.  Guess it puts paid to the leftie shibboleth that Trump was in Putin's pocket though, doesn't it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

So, many friendly countries see Biden as a squish, an affable old doofus.  Proves nothing.  Even so, the polls showed that confidence in Biden dropped across the board as time went by. To quote the survery:

The share of adults who have confidence in Biden on the world stage has decreased by double digits in 13 of the 14 countries surveyed in both years. In Italy, Greece, Spain and Singapore, half or more now have little or no confidence in the U.S. president. 

Guess once they got to know him, their confidence waned.

I also notice that any adversarial nations were not counted in the polling as well. 

Well, he has nearly a double rate of positive opinion than the previous president: 29% for Trump against 58% for Biden. Actually Trump was aroumd the same level as Putin or Xi.

So the change of President has been a huge improvement in terms of international opinion.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/01/08/trump-ratings-remain-low-around-globe-while-views-of-u-s-stay-mostly-favorable/

PG_2020.01.08_US-Image_0-06.png

ft_2022.07.25_bidencharts_06.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Good question. I will just let the facts speak for themselves and let you decide the reasons. Putin invaded Ukraine twice, while the Democrats held the White House.  He didn't under Trump.  Guess it puts paid to the leftie shibboleth that Trump was in Putin's pocket though, doesn't it?

Correlation is not causation. So what's the evidence it is due to Trump being President, and not due to another more plausible reason, such as the huge Covid crisis affecting Russia (population decrease of 900,000 in 2020), or the low price of energy during the Covid years.

You have no evidence that Putin was afraid of Trump.

10 minutes ago, candide said:

Well, he has nearly a double rate of positive opinion than the previous president: 29% for Trump against 58% for Biden. Actually Trump was aroumd the same level as Putin or Xi.

So the change of President has been a huge improvement in terms of international opinion.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/01/08/trump-ratings-remain-low-around-globe-while-views-of-u-s-stay-mostly-favorable/

Well doing the "right thing" for other countries probably wouldn't necessarily be the right thing for Americans, would it?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, candide said:

Correlation is not causation. So what's the evidence it is due to Trump being President, and not due to another more plausible reason, such as the huge Covid crisis affecting Russia (population decrease of 900,000 in 2020), or the low price of energy during the Covid years.

You have no evidence that Putin was afraid of Trump.

While there is hard evidence that Putin was not afraid of Obama or Biden.

• Love It 1

51 minutes ago, candide said:

Yep, becuase if one thing is important, it is for the American President to be liked by foreigners /s

And like I said, even Biden's 'great' numbers in that category faded substantially over time.  Kind of the same way the American people see him, come to think of it...

• Like 1
  • Love It 1