Chuwit gets stuck in! Whistleblower-in-chief has busy week in store going after everyone for corruption/wrongdoing

webfact

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

The transport ministy is headed by Saksayam Chidchob. The Chidchob family are one of the principal political clans in Thailand's north east. Chuwit plans to address these claims at 1 pm today.

:partytime2:

At the provincial level the country is ruled by a one-headed or duopoly of multi-generational political/criminal (mafia) families.

Given the budget at the MoT, and that BJT got both Health and Transport, it is telling that a Chidchob took Transport. The skim volume (even at the acceptable rate of 15%), and potential for kick-backs (another 15%) is MASSIVE. Just not enough safes for sale to hold that much cash.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

This is a common misperception. Political assassination is against an unwritten rule of engagement, wthout which every faction here would wipe each other out. Yes, there are the infrequent violations, some here have mentioned there was an attempt on him back in the day. Much more likely would be a veiled threat against his family, but that assumes he doesn't have some form of protections or mutually assured destruction info/pact.

Whacking him now would almost be more detrimental than suffering his "act" for a few more years?

I was thinking more if an 'accident' but the expertise is not available here 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

He is one guy that I think is untouchable, he knows too many people to be easily rubbed out in a hit.

Once he has accused a person all eyes will be on the outcome of that investigation.

This week is going to be interesting if he starts blowing the whistle on high end officials and political figures.

One has to wonder if the man at the top is not in his corner.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Methinks Chuwit has a death wish. 

He really is beginning to push his luck.

Yeh I'm thinking the same, if he's not careful, he'll end up in the Klong with his hands tied behind his back & a bag over his head to make it look like a suicide.......

• Like 1

Chuwit wants alleged triad boss Yu Xingqi prosecuted under Section 112. This is Thailand's infamous Lese Majeste law.

He is claiming that Yu appeared with senior public figures like PM Prayuth Chan-ocha and members of the royal family to gain credence from investors in the UK and China.

That is an interesting angle from Chuvit.  A few years ago a British criminal, Tony Kenway, was murdered by farang hitmen, apparently on the orders of a farang rival, in Pattaya and the hitmen were somehow allowed to escape.  Like Yu Xingqi Kenway also contrived to be photographed with members of the Thai Royal Family which was probably designed to make him and his criminal enterprise appear respectable to potential victims. Without well connected Thai associates it would be impossible for these foreign criminals to gain access to the Royal Family.  Surely Chuvit could make a case for prosecuting those who provided the access under Section 112.  In the case of Kenway it was allegedly a political family in Chonburi, the patriach of which served a token amount of time behind bars for murder and corruption. Prosecuting only the foreign criminals would leave the essential Thai accomplices unpunished.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I was eluding to Prayut being in Chuwits sights., administering the coup-de-grace.

Now that would be interesting

The challenge or question is what political parties is he going to ruin.  The conspiracy nut in me wonders if a certain man not living in the country is involved.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

Methinks Chuwit has a death wish. 

He really is beginning to push his luck.

I believe Khun Chuwit should be aware that the clandestine/black disappearing practices have never been shelved. 

He might find himself mysteriously gone next week. 

No one's the wiser and no one claims anything.

Oh, boy. Varawut Silpa-archa. I remember going to visit Suphan Buri years ago and was impressed by how widely his father's name was on things. Really popular. He knew how to take care of his constituents, and it looks like he taught his son.

I love Chuwit. He's the only entertaining politician around now. My favorite used to be Police Captain Chalerm, from Thon Buri, who was alleged to control the Military Police, who control the Klong Thoey Market and several other protection schemes. Every time there was an uproar in Parliament he would threaten to expose the evidence he had against other politicians. He never did, of course, but everybody believed he really knew where the bodies are buried. I wonder if he's still living.  Looks like Chuwit is the holder of secrets now.

Edited by Acharn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

He is one guy that I think is untouchable, he knows too many people to be easily rubbed out in a hit.

Once he has accused a person all eyes will be on the outcome of that investigation.

This week is going to be interesting if he starts blowing the whistle on high end officials and political figures.

Don't be so sure that he can't [or won't] be touched or dealt with. 

Understanding how things are really done here might be an education for some. 

• Like 1