Remember when it was referred to as “The Village”.

srowndedbyh2o

I think it was only 1 baht for the song taew in 1984. The only gogo bars were in soi diamond, 4 of them. One was called Blue Hawaii. The Marine Bar was the only night club. Nang Nual restaurant was there then. The old fisherman's wharf was still a going concern and trawlers would dock there around 9PM and you could sit there at tables and eat fresh caught fish cooked straight off the trawlers.

6 hours ago, roger101 said:

In the early 80s we used to refer to Walking Street as The Strip.

I don't recall Klang as ever being referred to as North Pattaya Rd and I was coming here a long time ago.....Google Maps seems to position Naklua on Pattaya Klang. I do recall that what is now Second Rd, South from Tai, was known as Pratumnak Rd.

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I think it was only 1 baht for the song taew in 1984. The only gogo bars were in soi diamond, 4 of them. One was called Blue Hawaii. The Marine Bar was the only night club. Nang Nual restaurant was there then. The old fisherman's wharf was still a going concern and trawlers would dock there around 9PM and you could sit there at tables and eat fresh caught fish cooked straight off the trawlers.

Bali Hai end of Walking Street used to be a pleasure. They didn’t stop until they ruined everything. 

• Like 1