Visa extension no issues

1 minute ago, dj230 said:

although I had to do a tm30 this time because I was using a tourist visa and not a visa exempt.

You may have obtained extension previously without a TM30 from visa exempt entry however that is not the norm.

Many immigration offices require the TM30 to provide extension. 

Also you don't require a lease in order to provide immigration office with TM30.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Caldera said:

It would be helpful if you'd add which immigration office you used, especially with regards to the TM30 requirement. Some IOs are more obsessed with TM30 than others. 

Was at Pathum thani, was quite different than bangkok. 

when I was in bangkok you got a ticket, went to an IO and then they processed your application/ reviewed your documents 

it was really laid back here, you walk in, front desk, they tell you what you need/don’t need/review your documents then you just wait outside and the IO does everything in an office and the passport gets handed back to you at a waiting area. I never even saw the IO. 

The person at the front desk didn’t even check my file and just assumed I needed a tm30, I just filled the form out, gave them a copy of my lease and paid 60 baht. Was super simple, not sure why people complain about it 

Edited by dj230
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You may have obtained extension previously without a TM30 from visa exempt entry however that is not the norm.

Many immigration offices require the TM30 to provide extension. 

Also you don't require a lease in order to provide immigration office with TM30.

Yea my bad you don’t need a lease it’s just what I provided. I am guessing any proof of stay/accommodation will do 

I went to do that visa exempt extension at Laksi recently. Arrived around 10am and it was quite fast. 50 minutes total I would say. The staff helping out with forms told me I definitely would need a TM30 considering I had multiple visas issued in different provinces in the past. I luckily had a screenshot of my TM30 made by my GF online. I went to the shop nearby to print it and make copies of my passport. I had to fill 3 forms in total which was short to do. Staff were all very nice and no questions were asked. The copy shop staff was really pleasant and helpful too.

• Like 1