Finnish Ex-pat Found Dead in Sattahip With Slit Throat, Wife Says He Died By Suicide

snoop1130

22 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Is it even physically possible to slit your own throat and then voluntarilty lie still until you bleed to death?

Yes it is. I had a friend, many years back, who had all sorts of problems. He drank half a bottle of rum and used a sharpened kitchen knife to cut his own throat.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, radiochaser said:

There is a science to hanging to assure that the neck breaks correctly.  Years ago I read about it.   

You need at least a 12 foot drop before the rope stops the person from falling and the person must weigh over 150 pounds.   If the person weighs less than 150 pounds or you cannot facilitate a 12 foot drop, then add weight to bags tied to the feet of the hangee!  I think there is a formula to determine how much weight to add. 

Woah!

Either you or me needs another beer after reading that.

Sadly my slide rule is broken.????????

28 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yes it is. I had a friend, many years back, who had all sorts of problems. He drank half a bottle of rum and used a sharpened kitchen knife to cut his own throat.

At least he got the order of business correct. RIP????????

Maybe Finish Cut their own Throats ? ... Maybe finding places to hang them selves, in their own Country is a hard thing to do ? ... and one where you will not be discovered doing it also ? ... Like possibly also hard, with living with a Thai woman in Sattahip also ??? Like quite a Logistically hard thing to do also I think ... and get away with ??? ... Where as just slash you throat while in Bed when the wife was out ? Still YES I would be investigating her also !!! ... Was he a Bucher ? or a Hunter ? he would have had to know how to do it Still, I am Sure, If it did happen that way ???

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, save the frogs said:

primarily due to lack of sunlight / short days for much of the year.

plenty of sunshine in thailand. 

and what does "domestic problems in his homeland" mean exactly?

he was juggling a wife in thailand and a wife back home? 

Now there we might be getting it !!! and Thanks Mate ! ...

8 hours ago, redwood1 said:

When you hang it cuts off the blood flow to the bain and you would pass out in a couple of minutes and feel nothing more.......Less painful than a high-rise swan dive I think....

Yes, if done correctly you’d be unconscious from a lack of blood flow to the brain before the noose tightened enough to cause a feeling of strangulation. 

For some bizarre reason, some people are apparently sexually turned on by having blood flow to their brains reduced, although it’s a dangerous activity! My barrister bro-in-law had to defend a case in which a lady had died after things went a bit too far. He lost the case, possibly because the jury thought that as the defendant was a doctor, he should have known better.

9 hours ago, ronster said:

Highly possible if he slit his jugular vein as he would bleed out quickly but the place would be sprayed with blood I imagine.

Knew a guy who done it to himself while in the back of a car while being driven to hospital as he was feeling paranoid and needed to get to the psychiatric hospital to be treated. 

When I was in uni a buddy had a very bad acid trip, took two slices across his own throat, stabbed himself for times in the chest and took a swipe at each of his wrists. His left hand he severly severed the tendons, his right was almost undamaged because by that time he could barely hang onto the knife.

He was out of his mind with paranoia and did it to avoid being caugh.

has some interesting scars to share too.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 7:10 PM, Adumbration said:

Is it even physically possible to slit your own throat and then voluntarilty lie still until you bleed to death?

You missed ,placing the knife nearly on his chest. What a guy!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

When I was in uni a buddy had a very bad acid trip, took two slices across his own throat, stabbed himself for times in the chest and took a swipe at each of his wrists. His left hand he severly severed the tendons, his right was almost undamaged because by that time he could barely hang onto the knife.

He was out of his mind with paranoia and did it to avoid being caugh.

has some interesting scars to share too.

Can not hang on to the knife!!! There you go...it is obvious that the knife will fall out of his hand.

What is the house worth?  How much cash and items will she now own 100%?  Sold already, probably.

Are they throwing a party now?

Did she go to his bank 100 times in the last hour?

simple clues...

and ask yourself, If I wanted to kill myself, would I really take a knife to my own throat?

I guess I would try the 1,000 pills first......or the carbon monoxide maybe, probably not.   why make it so painful?   Maybe try to walk around the world with no money, passport, nothing....at least have an "adventure" .....   knife to throat?  no way!!!!

On 3/1/2023 at 4:41 AM, spermwhale said:

Forget about him slitting his own throat. Of course that is possible, but how could he do that AND  then somehow stabbed or cleaved himself in the chest with the chopping knife.

the knife was ON hs chest, not IN it.

On 3/1/2023 at 5:26 AM, Lucky Bones said:

Woah!

Either you or me needs another beer after reading that.

Sadly my slide rule is broken.????????

You will have to drink a beer for both of us.  I don't drink adult beverages.  Which means I can't share my adventures about being an Army NSA grunt with all those CIA, Green Beret, Ranger, SEALs, I hear that inhabit the bars in Thailand!

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2023 at 7:13 PM, BananaStrong said:

Odds are 0.00009% death by cutting your own throat.   Yes, it's possible, but I would investigate for another explanation!!!!  

I would agree, the odds are extremely low he cut his own throat. Of all the suicide methods recommended and commonly used, I've never heard of this. I've seen it in movies a few times... in fact just last week in a 2023 movie called "Knock at the cabin".

If he was contemplating suicide, he would have at least done some research into the best methods to use. There are plenty of online resources covering the topic.

There's a good chance his wife either did it, or had someone do it for her.

Edited by JensenZ

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

I would agree, the odds are extremely low he cut his own throat. Of all the suicide methods recommended and commonly used, I've never heard of this. I've seen it in movies a few times... in fact just last week in a 2023 movie called "Knock at the cabin".

If he was contemplating suicide, he would have at least done some research into the best methods to use. There are plenty of online resources covering the topic.

Following the (money) inheritance ????

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I cant recall anyone who has ever committed suicide by cutting their own throat, nope not a single person ever......Must be a 100 better ways to check out...

But it would be a fairly effective way to take someone else out...Especially if they were sleeping in bed.....

I sure hope this lady does not get a single baht out of this....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I cant recall anyone who has ever committed suicide by cutting their own throat, nope not a single person ever......Must be a 100 better ways to check out...

But it would be a fairly effective way to take someone else out...Especially if they were sleeping in bed.....

I sure hope this lady does not get a single baht out of this....

She probably just lost her Temper ? .. and No time to make a more solid alibi ? ...  Yes Very Sad, and quite Bazar which ever way it happened ! ? Though, Yes I do think that Thai woman are probably Far more familiar with meat cleavers than Foreign men. ...

I hope that AN posts us the outcome of the Enquiry. ? ... I have Clicked Follow to this one, but I do not know if that will give me the out come. ...

And Well if any is come to I guess ? ... Yes follow the Money. ? Also ? ... Though we Good Folangs do tend to like Leaving stuff for our Wives and Family also don't we ? .... Still she was not a Long term Partner I think that I read ? ... Like he lived in Finland afor 2 years and ignored her, ... and just recently came back ? ... So yes, ??? Possibly bad decision on a Partner, ... but well you do need one to help jump all of the real-estate and Immigration Hurdles I think ? ...

So well ...I just will go back to my Start here. ... She probably lost her temper !!! ... And did it an angry fit ! ? - Un planed or Prepared for. ... Checking her back ground should also be the very Biggest part of it I guess.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:59 AM, JensenZ said:

Fingerprints on the knife could solve the mystery.

He wiped it clean before placing it on his chest. The police have ruled it a suicide now what I heard.

What I have heard and know about it, it was not.

Edited by FinChin67

10 minutes ago, FinChin67 said:

He wiped it clean before placing it on his chest. The police have ruled it a suicide now what I heard.

What I have heard and know about it, it was not.

If this passes for a suicide.....Then farangs should be worried.....Very worried...

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 9:14 AM, ronster said:

Highly possible if he slit his jugular vein as he would bleed out quickly but the place would be sprayed with blood I imagine.

Knew a guy who done it to himself while in the back of a car while being driven to hospital as he was feeling paranoid and needed to get to the psychiatric hospital to be treated. 

I Think that "Varrrrr" is the only thing I can say to this one !!!! and Sorry Mate !!!