Which one is better? lazada or shopee?

topswijaya

Originally searched (google) for something, Lazada came up, ordered what I wanted, got it, was happy and simply continue to use them. Have encountered no unresolvable issues, basically satisfied with the experience and service. Personally, have had no need to set up an account elsewhere, so continue to use Lazada. After scores of orders, they meet my needs and expectations probably better than 90% of the time.

• Thanks 1

What gets on my nerves at Lazada more and more often is that some sellers set immediately the status "packet" so that you can't cancel it anymore. But then it takes forever until they ship if they ship at all. Obviously they order your order somewhere. Is it the same at Shopee? 

On 3/4/2023 at 2:07 PM, udontomi said:

My Thai wife prefers Shoppee.  I prefer Lazada because it has more ino in English than I have found on Shoppee

I never care about the language, also when I have to use Shopee.

If I don't understand, I'll use Google Chrome and can translate it to my own language.

10 minutes ago, siftasam said:

I am owed money and Lazada do not care. Pathetic.

I trust you provided more substance to Lazada than you did here.  Perhaps someone with experience could help you if you can provide general details without being too specific with names.  I pay Lazada with card and have no issues getting refunds but understand there can be issues in the merchant/Lazada/buyer triad so perhaps that is it?

17 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Most translations don't make any sense whatsoever , same with google translate completely useless.

Have you actually tried?  Google translate works great on both Shopee and Lazada.

On 3/11/2023 at 2:13 PM, lopburi3 said:

What country Shopee?  Here is Shopee.co.th on internet - have no idea what app is.  But if actually on Shopee.co.th just use a computer to order.

It’s true that you can order from Shopee via the desktop site, but there are some functions which seem to be only available when using the app, e.g., requesting refunds.

51 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Yes I did try both,  Guess work ,Some don't make sense at all . maybe just me hey.

In my experience translate does provide readable English on both platforms and much better than when trying to translate press reports and most other Thai material.  But it can not translate photos so not much help there.  Perfect no - but normally as good as English provided by sites that translate pages.

I made a small order on Lazada a few days ago from a new seller with no feedback. Paid with a credit card so not worried about scams either way. Received a call this morning from the courier about a Lazada delivery and he showed up with a box much too small for what I ordered, and it was shipped COD, so I took a picture of the package and refused delivery. I called Lazada and got right through to customer service who understood the issue and said their investigation team will look into the seller.

While it's possible the seller could still come through and deliver the order (no tracking number on Lazada and the order still shows as packed since shortly after placing it) I guess this is another type scam to be aware of. The seller gets your address details and sends a random package COD thinking you'll sign and pay for it without looking. I was a bit tired having just woke up, so if I had ordered COD and the box was of sufficient size, this part of the scam would have likely worked. The seller gets his money directly from the courier and Lazada really has no way to be certain that the seller is involved.

I guess the lesson learned here is that even if you order COD, open the package before paying and take pictures of the shipping label and contents. This way even if you refuse the package you have something to show Lazada/Shopee/whoever that the seller is playing games when making the inevitable refund request.

Lazada customer service was understanding and appeared to be taking the matter seriously, even being a small order of a few hundred baht. I haven't requested refund yet so I can't speak to how smooth or not that process will be.

If another package shows up before cancelling this order, I'll be recording a video of me greeting the courier and opening the package. Honestly it's too much grief for me and as much as I hate shopping I'd rather just go to a store if purchasing something that's locally available than roll the dice with Lazada/Shopee orders. I'll probably start using Amazon for online orders until Customs turns me off that option.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i don't think that's correct, COD money goes to Lazada and Lazada pay the seller

Are you sure about that?  How is delivery service even aware Lazada has anything to do with it?  The seller selects and delivers to delivery service, not Lazada.  The shipping address is the seller.

25 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you sure about that?  How is delivery service even aware Lazada has anything to do with it?  The seller selects and delivers to delivery service, not Lazada.  The shipping address is the seller.

Who contacts/links to the supplier to provide the goods to the customer?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

i don't think that's correct, COD money goes to Lazada and Lazada pay the seller

While Lazada may have some system where they arrange shipping and the COD cash goes into their account, when the seller is running a scam, there's nothing stopping them from shipping out any small item directly to me using their own account and claiming they had nothing to do with the package that was delivered when Lazada asks them about it.

In this case the order page still shows "packed" instead of "shipped" and there's no tracking number. If Lazada was handling the shipping through their account this info would probably be updated.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, spongeworthy said:

While Lazada may have some system where they arrange shipping and the COD cash goes into their account, when the seller is running a scam, there's nothing stopping them from shipping out any small item directly to me using their own account and claiming they had nothing to do with the package that was delivered when Lazada asks them about it.

In this case the order page still shows "packed" instead of "shipped" and there's no tracking number. If Lazada was handling the shipping through their account this info would probably be updated.

Seller wouldn't last long. i had one decoy item delivered, Lazada refunded immediately once i sent them a photo

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Seller wouldn't last long. i had one decoy item delivered, Lazada refunded immediately once i sent them a photo

That would be nice but with the number of fake sellers (those never selling anything and prices 4 times normal) don't believe he will have much issue getting back on site with a new seller name.

What I mean by that is same seller using a dozen names and having items at same 4x normal price.  So if you just view one page they may all be him at 4x price and you think OK and actually order.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/5/2023 at 10:30 AM, superal said:

Lazada , used many times but not Shopee . You have to try to filter out the fakes and copies and their on-line page is at best unreliable in peak times 

Lazada has just as many fakes as Shopee in my experience. My biggest problem with both platforms in recent months was the fact they continued to force people to use Kerry Express, even as the service was falling apart. 11 days from Bangkok to Chiang Mai is inexcusable, as were the lies I was told when I eventually managed to get in touch with someone from the company.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark1066 said:

Lazada has just as many fakes as Shopee in my experience. My biggest problem with both platforms in recent months was the fact they continued to force people to use Kerry Express, even as the service was falling apart. 11 days from Bangkok to Chiang Mai is inexcusable, as were the lies I was told when I eventually managed to get in touch with someone from the company.

No, Lazada is mainly an agent for sellers, the sellers use their own choice of delivery people.

I get stuff from Kerry, Lex and Flash mainly.... Everything turns up in 2/3 days if it is sourced in Thailand...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

No, Lazada is mainly an agent for sellers, the sellers use their own choice of delivery people.

I get stuff from Kerry, Lex and Flash mainly.... Everything turns up in 2/3 days if it is sourced in Thailand...

I specifically asked several sellers if they could avoid using Kerry and was told the shipper was assigned by Lazada so that's not been my experience. And the same with Shopee. I believe you can elect to opt out of that arrangement as a vendor so perhaps the ones I spoke to were just unwilling to do so (I do realise the nature of both platforms).

I never had a problem with Kerry in the past but there were hundreds of complaints a few months ago so I know I wasn't the only one at the time. When I spoke to one of their drivers, he told me they simply didn't have enough staff at the moment. Pity that didn't stop them from continuing to accept the same level of business as before. What really p***ed me off was waiting in all day Sunday as their tracking status said it was out for delivery on that day, then to be told they don't deliver at weekends in CM when I asked what had happened to my delivery (which was a lie as I have received weekend deliveries from them before).

2 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

I specifically asked several sellers if they could avoid using Kerry and was told the shipper was assigned by Lazada so that's not been my experience. And the same with Shopee. I believe you can elect to opt out of that arrangement as a vendor so perhaps the ones I spoke to were just unwilling to do so (I do realise the nature of both platforms).

I never had a problem with Kerry in the past but there were hundreds of complaints a few months ago so I know I wasn't the only one at the time. When I spoke to one of their drivers, he told me they simply didn't have enough staff at the moment. Pity that didn't stop them from continuing to accept the same level of business as before. What really p***ed me off was waiting in all day Sunday as their tracking status said it was out for delivery on that day, then to be told they don't deliver at weekends in CM when I asked what had happened to my delivery (which was a lie as I have received weekend deliveries from them before).

They all deliver 7 days a week, and shops do use their own delivery  company unless it is a Lazada deal, which will be seen on the item page...

1 minute ago, transam said:

They all deliver 7 days a week, and shops do use their own delivery  company unless it is a Lazada deal, which will be seen on the item page...

So they just lie I guess? In either case, it makes them an unappealing option for me now.

1 minute ago, Mark1066 said:

So they just lie I guess? In either case, it makes them an unappealing option for me now.

I order loads of stuff, each one has its own delivery agent, rarely changes..

Had a problem with Kerry once, our lad said our local Kerry office had all gone down with Covid, I cancelled the order and found another supplier.