Draft Prostitution Law To Set Voluntary Service At Minimum 20 Years

webfact

On 3/4/2023 at 3:52 AM, BangkokReady said:

They don't like men having multiple options for acquiring sex because they know that if it wasn't illegal or taboo, and it was affordable, many men would choose it over dating and marrying women (or at least have it as a back-up plan if their demands are too extreme).  They don't want the competition.

This is very true. Women know they can't manipulate men who are sexually satisfied.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

When I think about how much Western men are trained to pursue women, put them on a pedestal, shower them in gifts and experiences, give them full commitment, and to keep this up for the duration of the relationship.

New one on me - I've never showered anyone with gifts.  What I will never understand is why Western men shower their THAI wives and girlfriends with gifts.  Often they provide 'support' to someone they hardly know.

Some spend 2 weeks in Pattaya, fall in love (think they have), dash home, sell everything, return to Thailand and spend the next few months/years losing every penny they've ever had before returning to their homeland broke and homeless.

Did they behave that way back home? I don't think so. Well, I can honestly say that I've never 'supported' a UK girlfriend.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Tengu said:

It seems that in most wealthy nations many women are able to control their men into compliance by making them "sleep on the sofa". That is to say do things my way or no sex. All the while they put on 25 kilos and want to hire a maid and have a nice car so they can go to the movies and tea with their friends. It also seems that Thai women don't seem to dislike sex as much as other women, even other asian women. I have also talked to a few who say that their Buddhism doesn't make sex, even without marriage, such a sin. There is also the fact that many of the less well developed countries where there is relatively easy access to prostitution have had this made so sinful since their first day of school by god telling them that enjoying their bodies (boy too--don't spill that seed!) is a terrible sin. And what hypocrisy, F until your genitals are sore then go confess to holy man, pray for a while. Wash, rinse, repeat. Is it any different in the Philippines, Mexico, Costa Rica, Spain, Russia?

There would be a lot less rape in the world if prostitution were legal, and regulated and taxed. 

BTW, has Thailand gone totally to hell since some people can legally buy and use marijuana?

I think New Zealand has the best system.

The New Zealand Model

"Sex work is decriminalised in Aotearoa

It is not against the law to work as a sex worker or operate a brothel, nor is it against the law to pay for sexual services. However, it is against the law for any third party to facilitate anyone under the age of 18 into sex work. It is also illegal to do sex work if you are visiting New Zealand on a temporary visa. These issues are discussed below.

New Zealand is the only country in the world with a law which aims to uphold the human rights of sex workers and to decriminalise prostitution. This country’s decriminalised approach is known as The New Zealand Model."

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

New one on me - I've never showered anyone with gifts.  What I will never understand is why Western men shower their THAI wives and girlfriends with gifts.  Often they provide 'support' to someone they hardly know.

Some spend 2 weeks in Pattaya, fall in love (think they have), dash home, sell everything, return to Thailand and spend the next few months/years losing every penny they've ever had before returning to their homeland broke and homeless.

Did they behave that way back home? I don't think so. Well, I can honestly say that I've never 'supported' a UK girlfriend.

Sex sells plain and simple. Thai women have it down pat. Western men are sex starved from the entitled western women.  It's not rocket science. That is why there are so many YouTube and books on the subject.  Personally I quit feeling sorry for the western guys or any guy that gets scammed in Thailand. 

Edited by Gknrd

21 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Then why have legislation that regulates it?

Because they only discovered prostitution was being undertaken in Thailand a few days ago. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Sex sells plain and simple. Thai women have it down pat. Western men are sex starved from the entitled western women.  It's not rocket science. That is why there are so many YouTube and books on the subject.  Personally I quit feeling sorry for the western guys or any guy that gets scammed in Thailand. 

I both agree and disagree.  I was never 'sex starved' in the West and to be honest - my experience has, with some notable exceptions, been that whilst they remain interested, Western women are far better at it than Thai's.  Many Thai women seem to think that sex is something that is done to them or expected of them, rather than something they take an active part in. The 'starfish' percentage seems to be much higher amongst Thai's.

I think the attraction is that a middle aged Western male can easily find a much younger girl than they can in the West.  Back home the choice gets less as you get older and the offer is an ever increasing procession of wrinklies who's atttributes are rapidly heading south. Remembering my past, Western girls are far more sexually agressive than Asians.  I repeat though, that there are exceptions.  But is that 'easy to find' girl genuine?  That's the question - for some its more like a business.

Many Western guys get ripped off because they fail to ask themselves why their 'young lovely' is interested in a man 10, 20 or 30+ years older than them.  Some are heavy drinkers that haven't looked after themselves particularly well - they would struggle to find a woman of any age back home - would they be interested in a woman so much older than themselves?  Again I'm generalising, there are some such relationships that are built on love but I'd suggest a good proportion are not.  I'm sure most can guess what the motivation for those pairings is.

I've heard these women talking at Thai gatherings in the UK, without fail the conversation revolves around what they've got from their husbands, how big their house is and what they plan to get in the future. Many work and send a high percetage of their earnings back home - making little or no contribution to their UK family pot.

I also don't have a lot of sympathy for those that get ripped off but whilst many of these women are obvious, some of them are very good at it.  I consider myself as an 'old hand' but I've had 2 try to pull the wool over my eyes - they failed but a lot of time was wasted. One even fooled my Thai friends.

As I said earlier, I don't understand those guys that jump straight in and start doing things they'd never do back home.  I think we've all heard the stories about the 'cousin' or 'brother' and although the internet is full of stories as you suggest - there is and will always be, the 'My girl's different' brigade - the stories I could tell them.

I know of one woman now who's Thai ex husband moves back in when her foreign husband goes home - they both drink and gamble the foreigner's money away.  I had a friend a few years back who was taken in by a bar girl he met in Pattaya.  Of course, she would stop working at the bar and return to her home village in Udon Thani if he 'supported' her. Its a long story but he became suspicious and asked me to help.  I told him to tell her the cheap line he was using would no longer work on Thai mobiles so arrange to call her at the village phone box each weekend and let me have the number.  A week later I got the number.......+66 38............Pattaya! Need I say more.

The older you get, the less likely you are to find a genuine relationship with a Thai 'pretty'.  I've written that possibility off now and to be honest, I've never had such a good time. I try not to get involved with women who are looking for a serious relationship but basically, I play them at their own game.

Cue the 'my girl's different' brigade.

Edited by KhaoYai

On 3/6/2023 at 9:00 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Then why have legislation that regulates it?

Read the other news over the last year  the police and government say theres no prostitutes in thailand, it was a tongue in cheek quote

Before the 1996 prostitution law came in that restricted the prostitution age to 18 or older, police were busy arresting tourists they had set up with hookers claimed to be under 18. The tourists were shaken down for cash, even though the law was still under discussion and sex with a minor under the age of 15 (statutory raewas the only underage offense on the books. 

In fact there have been very few prostitution cases prosecuted to do with minors under 18 but over 15 because the hirers just paid them more not to testify. I wonder how this new law will change that. 

Edited by Dogmatix

15 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I both agree and disagree.  I was never 'sex starved' in the West and to be honest - my experience has, with some notable exceptions, been that whilst they remain interested, Western women are far better at it than Thai's.  Many Thai women seem to think that sex is something that is done to them or expected of them, rather than something they take an active part in. The 'starfish' percentage seems to be much higher amongst Thai's.

I think the attraction is that a middle aged Western male can easily find a much younger girl than they can in the West.  Back home the choice gets less as you get older and the offer is an ever increasing procession of wrinklies who's atttributes are rapidly heading south. Remembering my past, Western girls are far more sexually agressive than Asians.  I repeat though, that there are exceptions.  But is that 'easy to find' girl genuine?  That's the question - for some its more like a business.

Many Western guys get ripped off because they fail to ask themselves why their 'young lovely' is interested in a man 10, 20 or 30+ years older than them.  Some are heavy drinkers that haven't looked after themselves particularly well - they would struggle to find a woman of any age back home - would they be interested in a woman so much older than themselves?  Again I'm generalising, there are some such relationships that are built on love but I'd suggest a good proportion are not.  I'm sure most can guess what the motivation for those pairings is.

I've heard these women talking at Thai gatherings in the UK, without fail the conversation revolves around what they've got from their husbands, how big their house is and what they plan to get in the future. Many work and send a high percetage of their earnings back home - making little or no contribution to their UK family pot.

I also don't have a lot of sympathy for those that get ripped off but whilst many of these women are obvious, some of them are very good at it.  I consider myself as an 'old hand' but I've had 2 try to pull the wool over my eyes - they failed but a lot of time was wasted. One even fooled my Thai friends.

As I said earlier, I don't understand those guys that jump straight in and start doing things they'd never do back home.  I think we've all heard the stories about the 'cousin' or 'brother' and although the internet is full of stories as you suggest - there is and will always be, the 'My girl's different' brigade - the stories I could tell them.

I know of one woman now who's Thai ex husband moves back in when her foreign husband goes home - they both drink and gamble the foreigner's money away.  I had a friend a few years back who was taken in by a bar girl he met in Pattaya.  Of course, she would stop working at the bar and return to her home village in Udon Thani if he 'supported' her. Its a long story but he became suspicious and asked me to help.  I told him to tell her the cheap line he was using would no longer work on Thai mobiles so arrange to call her at the village phone box each weekend and let me have the number.  A week later I got the number.......+66 38............Pattaya! Need I say more.

The older you get, the less likely you are to find a genuine relationship with a Thai 'pretty'.  I've written that possibility off now and to be honest, I've never had such a good time. I try not to get involved with women who are looking for a serious relationship but basically, I play them at their own game.

Cue the 'my girl's different' brigade.

555. I met a girl in a bar in Bangkok many years ago. She was living in Germany with her German husband and had persuaded him she need a few months holiday to look after her sick mother.  Nothing wrong with her mum and she couldn't stand more than a few days in the village. So she came to Bkk to have fun and make extra pocket money.  She wrote hubby a letter every few days and mailed the letter inside another envevlope to her family in the village who would mail the letter to Germany with the local postmark. We had a great laugh about her little subterfuge while chatting in bed together.  She also told me she would visit a Thai friend who was married to another German in a nearby town and stay for a few days. This was a larger town with a lot of night life and she and her friend would perform with guys on stage in a local sex club which she really enjoyed doing being a bit of an exhibitionist.  I think this story is not at all unusual.    

Edited by Dogmatix

42 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

555. I met a girl in a bar in Bangkok many years ago. She was living in Germany with her German husband and had persuaded him she need a few months holiday to look after her sick mother.  Nothing wrong with her mum and she couldn't stand more than a few days in the village. So she came to Bkk to have fun and make extra pocket money.  She wrote hubby a letter every few days and mailed the letter inside another envevlope to her family in the village who would mail the letter to Germany with the local postmark. We had a great laugh about her little subterfuge while chatting in bed together.  She also told me she would visit a Thai friend who was married to another German in a nearby town and stay for a few days. This was a larger town with a lot of night life and she and her friend would perform with guys on stage in a local sex club which she really enjoyed doing being a bit of an exhibitionist.  I think this story is not at all unusual.    

many thai girls are like that......

On 3/5/2023 at 8:33 PM, Don Chance said:

Studies show that causal sex does not make people happy. In most cases people regret it.

Sheer bunk! That study must have been conducted by man-hating feminists or some religious nut with an agenda. The truth is, a young man with a powerful sex drive will never have peace-of-mind unless he gets a piece of ass. After all, one need only look at all those sexually repressive societies to see the psychologically twisted males they produce.