Controversy over Lisa’s tattoos shows misogynistic, outdated mindset

webfact

39 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I don't like tattoos at all and wouldn't have any myself, but each to their own. Why do those netizens care about other people's choices so much?

Because they think they are better than other people while a lot of them have a pathetic life(style).

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I think she is a very pretty girl.

I think it is a shame that she has decided ( in my opinion) to disfigure her body with tattoos.

The trouble with tattoos is that unlike hairstyles or dyes, clothing or fashion statements they are essentially irreversible.

I don't think that is misogynistic.

They age so well.

7393827f5aafe8e63fe20d9073259c1c.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Why are the inked up so touchy when people laugh at their skin illustrations?

Maybe because, they’re insecure? Easily offended by other views? Can’t tolerate those who don’t think the same way? Who cares? Anyway?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

Nothing says low class and tramp than tats, especially on a woman, no matter how beautiful they are.

Lady Amelia Windsor

Princess Sofia of Sweden

Princess Stephanie of Monaco + 2 daughters

Have tattoos, what class are you to condemn them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

No because certain people are foulmouthed and judge people on it.

Such superficial sensitivity, overtly…from what I’ve read the above poster is the only one judging others by trying to be a white knight here, it’s a good laugh though 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

So just because some European royals do it that makes it cool? They are just ordinary people as daft, impressionable and clueless as the rest of us. They seem to go in for snobbery and adultery, is that OK as well? You missed out Prince Andrew the abuser of trafficked teens.????

You didn't look at the link did you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, proton said:

Ever seen a middle aged or old lady with attractive tattoos? me neither. They are best for sailors, criminals, prostitutes and idiots. No women looks better with tattoos even when young. Luckily Lisa is rich enough to get them expertly removed later. 

So I'm an idiot? I have 5 tattoos all of which I got in Hong Kong as a young soldier because I liked them. The question is do I regret getting them and the answer is yes except one "The sweetest girl I ever kissed was another man's wife my mother" means more now as my mum passed away. I was sensible enough to have them all on my upper arms so the can be covered with a shirt. I do not like seeing women with tattoos but if the personality was there it would not matter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritScot said:

So I'm an idiot? I have 5 tattoos all of which I got in Hong Kong as a young soldier because I liked them. The question is do I regret getting them and the answer is yes except one "The sweetest girl I ever kissed was another man's wife my mother" means more now as my mum passed away. I was sensible enough to have them all on my upper arms so the can be covered with a shirt. I do not like seeing women with tattoos but if the personality was there it would not matter.

Apologies I should have added soldiers along with sailors, only doing it as their mates had them and they did not want to be left out.

1 hour ago, Keep Right said:

Nothing says low class and tramp than tats, especially on a woman, no matter how beautiful they are.

so you have a lot of experience mixing with low class tramps to know this is actually true (in your own mind)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keep Right said:

Well social norms have changed.

Back in my youth, it was only sailors and women of 'ill repute' who had tattoo's.

Today I often joke that I'm about half a dozen men on the planet that doesn't have a tattoo!

7 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

They're called tramp stamps for a reason. 

What reason it that? So if some Females in your Family have some Ink ,even if it's covered up they are Tramps?

Don't degrade people by there appearance, that just shows what sort of a person you are. (It ain't a good person)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1