Foreigner Found Dead With Slit Throat In Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

The Norwegian man’s friend and building staff in the corridor outside the room where the Norwegian man was found dead. Photo:Thai Rath

by TNR Staff

A NORWEGIAN man was found dead with a slit throat at a rented room in the middle of Pattaya City last night (Mar. 8th) with police investigation revealing that he had recently broken up with his Thai girlfriend and since then was rather quiet and had said he wanted to die, Thai Rath newspaper said today (Mar. 9).

At 10 p.m. Pol. Lt. Col. Saijai Khamchula, an inspector at Pattaya City police station, was notified of a foreigner having died at a room in the middle of this seaside city and quickly went there with some forensic and Tourist policemen as well as Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan rescuers.

The Norwegian man, identified as Mr. Paal, 58, was found lying on a bed with his throat slashed in a third-floor room of an eight-storey building. The blood had soaked the mattress and spilled onto the floor.

Police also found a 15-centimetre fruit knife dropped on the floor by the bed. However there were no traces of a fight in the room.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/03/09/foreigner-found-dead-with-slit-throat-in-pattaya/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-03-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 8

40 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

There is life after lost love, even if it wasn't real.

How true. At 58, one would have "lived and learned..." Failing that I'd call this phenomenon the Anthony Bourdain syndrome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Sad and horrific way to die. RIP to this troubled soul.  

I don't like to mention it but from watching, reading and listening to other accounts of farangs killing themselves over Thai 'girlfriends' here, many of those Thai women are that heartless and callous that they may well be back in a bar, on Thai Friendly within hours of their deaths. We are just their financial sources and love/affection is a ruse. Many many hoodwinked virtuous white knights here. 

Well, that is just the way that it is here. ... You Just better be tough before you Dip in around here I think. ? ... Like basically just picking up the Woman for Money ! ? ... It does Cut both ways you Know.

Sounds like this one is Real. ... He dropped the Knife on the Floor, ... Where as the Fins wife in the other Knife suicide here just recently ? ... Should refuse to pay her assassin, as he Prissly lay it on his Chest ? .... Possibly quite a give away Really I think ???

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, digger70 said:

What in Satans name is going on on in Los. 

Not Land Off Smiles anymore. Too many So called suicides.

Partner/WifeProblems,Money problems,Health problems etc. Very said.

Nr one suicidal reason after  Chronicle and mental health issues, is poor economic status. If you have  solid economic before you start playing in Pattaya, which is a rough playground even for a grown man emotionally, if he get hooked on the game.

If not emotionally rooted money is everything. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Nr one suicidal reason after  Chronicle and mental health issues, is poor economic status. If you have  solid economic before you start playing in Pattaya, which is a rough playground even for a grown man emotionally, if he get hooked on the game.

If not emotionally rooted money is everything. 

One doesn't have to be playing in Pattaya there's a whole country out there.

9 minutes ago, digger70 said:

One doesn't have to be playing in Pattaya there's a whole country out there.

I do not have the statistics. But seems Pattaya is nr one in foreigner suicide cases in thailand. I neither have the statistics how many kill themselves outside the popular expat destinations or countryside, or how many there is total spred out in Thailand, it seems the last train goes from Pattaya for the majority.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

If you slit your own throat you wouldn't just lay down to die, there would be blood everywhere as you panicked

Well you're definitely going to have problems breathing and also a lack of blood, even attempting to stand up would likely be problematic - and very quickly assuming an artery was punctured.

Blood would be everywhere, like spraying from a hose at high pressure.

• Like 2

Yes like RIP greatly Sir. ...

But also there is a bit of a danger here I think,  as it might not be that emotionally easy,  but it requires little infrastructure or Planing.

... And Copy Cat Suicides ARE a real thong I think, if you ask Psychologists or Forensic or violent crime police officers also I would expect.

And I think we all know of some. Like some time ago now, but with the kids living in the Isolation on Kangaroo Island in South Australia !! ... several Copy cat suicides with in a few weeks I think ! ? 

And well as I say ? Well it actually sounds like it IS pretty easy all round  i think. If you get that desperate. ...!!! So well Quite a Danger for all of us Bangkok Burnouts ! Here in the land of "Smiles" ... Right. ?

( Maybe time for the press to try to head this off some how ? ... Those Reportets being Clever people also after all ??? ) 

5 minutes ago, edogthong said:

Slitting his own throat? Really? I mean, it possibly could happen but it's a very rare and unusual way of killing yourself. It almost seems as if the police are just being lazy here. This is highly suspect and should be investigated thoroughly.

Also.

Seems very suspect to me. I guess it would be possible to slit one's own throat but I imagine it's extremely difficult, and why? If one wants to top oneself it's easy enough to buy a bunch of sedatives and drift off to a peaceful, painless death. Slashing wrists would be far easier to do than the throat. Anyway, RIP these 2 men, who were more than likely murdered.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not the way people commit suicide.

the ferocity, strength and determination to cut deep enough and fast enough to complete slit across the whole neck to die quietly in bed ?

What, was he also Gaijin Samurai?

• Like 2

The linked article says "Police examined surveillance camera clips but did not find anything suspicious. The deceased man had walked back to his room at 3 p.m. and stayed there until his friend found his dead body in this room he had rented on Jan. 17."

• Thumbs Up 1