Stealing iPhone 14 Pro Max From Swedish Tourist in Patong

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Patong – A Tuk Tuk taxi driver has been arrested after stealing an iPhone 14 Pro Max from a Swedish tourist in Patong.

The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that on Saturday (March 11th) Mrs. Merdzana Pepic, Swedish, came to the Patong Police Station. She said she might have forgotten her mobile phone in a Tuk Tuk taxi.

She said she got on a Tuk Tuk taxi in the morning from the Bangla Road to a hotel in Patong. When she arrived at the hotel she found that her iPhone 14 Pro Max was not with her and thought that she might have forgotten it in the Tuk Tuk taxi.

The Patong Police tracked down the iPhone from a mobile application. They finally identified the location of the mobile phone on Taweewong Road in Patong. They went to the location and found the Tuk Tuk taxi.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/03/12/tuk-tuk-taxi-driver-arrested-after-stealing-iphone-14-pro-max-from-swedish-tourist-in-patong/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-03-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Not sure why they think he "stole" it. He probably had several people in his taxi during the day and noticed it at one point and had no idea who might have left it there. 

If I accidently dropped 1,000 baht on the ground when I was leaving a restaurant and someone else picked it up would they be accused of stealing or just being in the right place at the right time? I think this taxi driver should be apologized to. The silly lady that left it there is responsible for the situation. 

I think the phrase "finders keepers" applies here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

i use a crappy phone.

Life is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY to short to use a crappy phone, just like crappy anything.

This is why I worked and got paid.    My phone is more than 20,000 but not at the iPhoneMax level; however, I buy a new one every year and it's NOT crappy.

Same with computer, shoes, sunglasses, bed sheets, bags, transportation, etc.....

crappy is <deleted> and reflects on you!!!!!!  lol

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1

11 hours ago, Olav Seglem said:

She may have a swedish passport, but absolutely no swedish nane..

You never know, might be 2nd generation native...

Something like 20% of Swedish citizens don't have a "Swedish" name, whatever that might be. Gudrun Nilsson? Frida Mjälkenborg?