Would one be safe in Pattaya ??

banglay

I'd assume you'd be fine throughout Thailand. You can have a tattoo of a crucifix on your arm, wear a gay pride T shirt, a Playboy t-shirt, a full on burqa, or numbers or signs in support for against just about anything. As long as you are not poking fun at Thai royalty you're pretty good to go!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Maybe a few Russians, especially if written in Cyrillic. But mostly you are correct, see many an emblazoned T-Shirt on a local that has me shaking my head!

Many moons ago I was in Chonburi city in a busy shop. I noticed a male youngster with his mom..In plain English on his T shirt was the caption,

'All my dad wanted was a <deleted>"

I did a double take and bit my tongue. The mom wasn't bad looking either!

• Haha 2

Just now, jaideedave said:

Many moons ago I was in Chonburi city in a busy shop. I noticed a male youngster with his mom..In plain English on his T shirt was the caption,

'All my dad wanted was a <deleted>"

I did a double take and bit my tongue. The mom wasn't bad looking either!

BJ?

• Haha 1

Just after the eh-holes invaded, g/f and I were eating outside at Wine Connection on Beach Rd and a car with two massive Ukrainian flags being held outside its open windows drove by, blasting some presumably Ukrainian music.

No one even seemed to looked over at it.

That said, there were very few Russians in town at that point.  That act may get some attention nowadays.

Edited by n8sail
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

It's been a long time since I enrolled in this forum and I don't recall - 

Is there a minimum age requirement for thread starting

privileges? 

No there is not. But you do need higher than  250 posts to access the "adult" forum ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Nothing.
At the Jomtien nightmarket they are tourists like others.
Complete families with children as you see on any other beach.

It's plain stupid to demonize all 300 million Russians as war mongers.

Utter nonsense.  It's their Country, their countrymen , their relatives and friends,  their neighbors that are committing genocide.  Playing happy families in Thailand while all that goes on is despicable.  Of course all 300 million of them are collectively and individually responsible. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves. Didn't they vote to put Putin and his criminal gang into power? They sit there and accept him as their leader don't they?   Or are you going to tell me that the Russians here are the okay, whiter than white ones, who love babies and puppies and give to charity?  What a joke that idea is. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I've ordered one from Lazarda and I will wear it with pride. If I was 30 years younger I would certainly be in Ukraine, doing what I could to help eject the criminal Russian Army. 

Duly noted.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Utter nonsense.  It's their Country, their countrymen , their relatives and friends,  their neighbors that are committing genocide.  Playing happy families in Thailand while all that goes on is despicable.  Of course all 300 million of them are collectively and individually responsible. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves. Didn't they vote to put Putin and his criminal gang into power? They sit there and accept him as their leader don't they?   Or are you going to tell me that the Russians here are the okay, whiter than white ones, who love babies and puppies and give to charity?  What a joke that idea is. 

Where are you from, and what atrocities are you responsible for? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

DON'T DO IT!

I work with Russians all the time, and while most of them never discuss politics, a few are vocal enough to voice their support of Putin, which scares the bejezus out of me.

IF you run across one of these crazy fanatical Russians, be ready for a fight.

Not worth it, IMHO.

11 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Ruskies are in Jomtien aint they ?

OP was askin about Pattaya !!

I went to Koh Lan 2 weeks ago. Russians were everywhere, along with some Indians and Chinese. So I don't think they are just in Jomtien. I personally wouldn't wear this shirt. It just looks like one is looking to make a confrontation. 

Re: Neutrality of Thailand.

February this year:

"At its resumed eleventh emergency special session, the world body adopted a new resolution calling for an end to the war, only hours before the conflict enters its second year on Friday.
Tweet URL

The results were 141 Member States in favour and seven against - Belarus, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Eritrea, Mali, Nicaragua, Russia and Syria. Among the 32 abstentions were China, India and Pakistan.

By the terms of the 11-paragraph resolution, the Assembly reiterated its demand that Russia “immediately, completely and unconditionally withdraw all of its military forces from the territory of Ukraine and called for a cessation of hostilities”.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/02/1133847

Unlike last year Thailand did not abstain.

Thailand voted in favour of the resolution.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/at-the-un-thailand-votes-to-condemn-russias-aggression-in-ukraine/