Putin: China plan could end war, but Ukraine and West not ready for peace

webfact

With China declaring itself in a partnership with Russia and its president having no contact with Ukraine since the beginning of the war can anyone expect this so-called peace plan to be anything more than an offer for Ukraine to surrender?

Edited by metisdead
Odd formatting reset to normal.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

we need sir Winston to sort these people out !!!!

The Ukrainians do have their Winston he is their president slava Ukraine ???????? evict the Russian criminals!

• Like 2

The peking Muppets have zero interest in peace anywhere, just look at the South China Sea debacle.

It's pure posturing because they haven't condemned the invasion, I wonder if they would be doing the same if someone invaded them. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If you haven't already read it, the so called 12 point peace plan is here https://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/zxxx_662805/202302/t20230224_11030713.html.

All it is is stating the obvious, getting a couple of political digs and promotions in and ignores the actual main issue.

Item 1). SHOULD mean that Ukraine gets its land back, but will Russia agree to that; not a chance!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Isn't there a danger that America/NATO will end up isolating themselves rather than the other way around? After all, this isn't the first time they have gotten way over their heads in dangerous and provocative military adventures on the other side of the world - a peculiar trait that was hilariously parodied in Team America world police. They're still at it.

As for "Russia cant be allowed to claim land as theirs.", I thought there was an election and the people voted to be Russian? As a result of immigration displacing the Ukrainians with Russians to ensure the vote went the correct way. I had voiced concern generally over mass immigration(not natural movements) causing such events but was corrected, turns out I was a conspiracy theorist so not sure what to make of this now that it has actually happened.

"Results reported Tuesday by Russian state media allegedly showed over 98% voting in favor of the measure in the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics; while 93% voted for it in the Zaporizhzhia region and 87% in the Kherson region."

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/1125322026/russia-ukraine-referendums

Isn't it alarming that the closest prospect for peace is for Trump or another America First Republican to take over the Presidency? Truly worrying. For the record, I view negotiated peace far preferable to the impending full scale war with Russia/China - and we all know how that will end, cockroaches being the winner. I suggest we let Trump negotiate peace, even if it triggers the left. 

I think your totally out of your mind and the responses show this. There was a sham vote at gun point to be Russian. That is not legal. Even if it was a real vote it still would not been legal. International law ad all that. But hey do believe Russia, they claim even more B.s then Trump

Trump is alarming he always was buits not on the same level as Russia. Besides Trump will pull all support Trump is on your side. 

The word is uniting against Russia I hope we break it permanently. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Ukraines peace plan is much more realistic, give back all the occupied land including Crimea to Ukraine, pay reparations for all the destruction the Russians have caused, sadly nothing will bring back the murdered Ukrainians. And bring all the Russian perpetrators to account that were involved in this illegal war!

LOL, not much "realistic" in there. Even if Russia gave up and left, it's not as though they are going to pay reparations, or for Putin to hand himself in to the ICC.

I caught a bit of Putin's translated speech on Al Jazeera, and I had to agree with the part about how "the west will fight to the last Ukrainian".

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, Andycoops said:

The peking Muppets have zero interest in peace anywhere, just look at the South China Sea debacle.

It's pure posturing because they haven't condemned the invasion, I wonder if they would be doing the same if someone invaded them. 

They are hardly likely to condemn Russia if they are planning to take over Taiwan, are they!

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

There is more than one way to skin a cat, this is the reason that Russia must be crushed is so they cannot ever think of invading anybody elses country, and with that will come a Russian withdrawal and there will be a requisite for reparations in Ukraine, if this is not agreed the sanctions will not be lifted until they pay, they still have the resources remember. The west has access to a lot of Russian money, there is no reason why that cannot be used too, where theres a will theres a way.

As for Putin standing trial, I am not sure if he will live that long to stand trial, there will be many of his Kremlin friends ready to dispose of this homicidal despot and even his own citizens might wake up and smell the coffee. But whatever I believe that Putin is a dead man walking. 

I wouldn't take much notice of propaganda tropes like "the west will fight to the last Ukrainian," like it or not the west is supplying the arms and the means for the Ukrainians to defend themselves, only now has the West upped the ante and started giving Ukraine the weapons it needs to repel these illegal invaders. Remember who invaded who, Russia is fighting to conquer Ukraine and Ukraine is fighting to survive, if Russia stops fighting the war will be over, if Ukraine stops fighting they lose their country and many of their lives, they have no intention of being a colony of Russia and why should they.

Well, the only one out of the two of us that is correct won't be known till it's all over, and either Russia gets what it wants, or goes home. Till then it's only opinions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1