New Study Highlights Need for More Exercise Among Thais

snoop1130

e6b7213379428fe75ee61af2b289cd08_small.PNG

BANGKOK (NNT) - A new study has highlighted the need for Thai people to exercise more in order to maintain good health.

According to Department of Health Director-General Dr Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai, the study was conducted jointly in 2021 by the Public Health Ministry’s Department of Health and the International Health Policy Program office, with information gathered from 78,717 individuals in 77 provinces.

The report revealed that Thai people have become predominantly sedentary, with 76% of individuals sitting for seven hours or more each day. However, approximately 72% of them spend a sufficient amount of time, about 150 minutes or more per week, engaging in physical activities in accordance with World Health Organization standards.

One factor contributing to the decline in physical activity has been the shift in working conditions, as the workforce has moved from the agricultural or industrial sector to office-based work. As a result, the risk of early death or non-communicable disease has risen due to the low rate of energy expenditure.

Although some individuals exercise or participate in recreational activities to offset their sedentary office lifestyle, this is not always the case. Those in urban areas have more access to facilities such as walkways and public transportation, allowing them to spend more time engaging in physical activities compared to their rural counterparts.

Dr Suwanchai emphasized that by increasing physical activity levels, Thais can improve their overall health and reduce the risk of developing chronic illnesses.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230328141934458

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-03-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Yes why is no one talking about how fat Thai girls are on the dating websites and apps nowadays.

It is frankly horrifying.

Thai government is approaching this problem from the wrong angle.  They just need to declare staring at, and occassionally swiping, your phone screen as exercise.  Problem solved.

They have very few facilities for exercise. Most of the school ovals are just dirt. Parks are replaced by concrete. Is hard to walk the streets because of soi dogs and bad pavements. Is ok. Riding a motorbike is good exercise for Thais.

This has been a problem for the past 20 years plus ,we al know a Thia instead of walking 50-100 yards up the road they will take a motor bike, my neighbor will use her pick up.

It will not change Thais say it is to hot to walk use a push bike. we would say to lazy.

Now 7-11 etc. have well got they foot in the door the problem will only get worse, they think any problems the will just Har-Mor ,go see a doctor, a few tablets and they will get better as we know they are well wrong. 

I do not know where the op got some of their information from ,72% of Thais spend sufficient time exercising 150 minuets week, what I see in my rural area no more than 20% getting the sufficient exercise, if that

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A new study has highlighted the need for Thai people to exercise more in order to maintain good health.

I love watching the fat guy opposite me ride his wave 50 meters to the small shop to buy his daily bag of Pepsi & ice.

Lazy git.

9 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Yes why is no one talking about how fat Thai girls are on the dating websites and apps nowadays.

Think of all the beached whales you're going to see wringing wet this Songkran

• Like 1

ok, exercise is important, but more important is what is eaten. msg, sugar, pork fat and veg oil is consumed in excess amounts at most meals here. add white rice to the mix and you get the flabby pasty flesh that people think they can exercise away. just go back to food that is simple and healthy and the need for exercise is drastically reduced. but every dish has to be over the top, so thai food will continue to be unhealthy... end of rant

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 5:09 PM, kickstart said:

This has been a problem for the past 20 years plus ,we al know a Thia instead of walking 50-100 yards up the road they will take a motor bike, my neighbor will use her pick up.

It will not change Thais say it is to hot to walk use a push bike. we would say to lazy.

Now 7-11 etc. have well got they foot in the door the problem will only get worse, they think any problems the will just Har-Mor ,go see a doctor, a few tablets and they will get better as we know they are well wrong. 

I do not know where the op got some of their information from ,72% of Thais spend sufficient time exercising 150 minuets week, what I see in my rural area no more than 20% getting the sufficient exercise, if that

is

Students need to maintain their physical health. If there are problems with fatigue in studies, you can apply for help at https://essays.edubirdie.com/mba-assignment-help here professional writers will help you write an essay, which takes a lot of effort and time

I agree, I try to maintain my health by hiking and cycling

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Tax sugar drinks and food. Problem shrinks.

Northern Thais cannot exercise for 4 years a year with thos high AQIs.

In home with air purifiers, problem shrinks   

More like 6 months of late, Nov - May

Edited by KhunLA