Money Transfers.

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I don't think I've ever received an SMS from Wise in the 4 years that I've been using them.

WISE uses SMS for certain security sensitive actions like changing phone number for two step authentication, changing email adr etc.

I recently changed my mail adr. If only I could remember the exact steps...

BUT it involved uploading my passport main page.

WISE has some help/FAQ on their site. Check that first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I don't think I've ever received an SMS from Wise in the 4 years that I've been using them.

They send SMS every time you login from a new device.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fdsa said:
9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

2 hours ago, fdsa said:

They send SMS every time you login from a new device.

I recently bought a new computer. The 1st time I used it to log into my account they asked me confirm that it was really me via the app on my phone. I just had to tap a simple 'yes it's me'. No SMS involved.

When I bought a new phone a while back, when I 1st used the app on it, once again I confirmed it was me via the app on the old, retiring phone. Once again no SMS involved.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

they asked me confirm that it was really me via the app on my phone

I confirmed it was me via the app on the old, retiring phone

If you wasn't using an app you would have got a SMS.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, fdsa said:

they asked me confirm that it was really me via the app on my phone

12 minutes ago, fdsa said:

I confirmed it was me via the app on the old, retiring phone

12 minutes ago, fdsa said:

If you wasn't using an app you would have got a SMS.

This is what I call a circular argument, which ends with "I've never received an SMS from Wise in the 4 years that I've been using them'.

I understand that but I cant find a phone number.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their advice. After thinking this situation over I'm going to buy a new SIM card and try to get back my old AIS number. If I'm succesfull does anyone know how much this will cost?

6 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

I understand that but I cant find a phone number.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their advice. After thinking this situation over I'm going to buy a new SIM card and try to get back my old AIS number. If I'm succesfull does anyone know how much this will cost?

You never said if you're in Oz or Thailand which makes it confusing. If in Thailand getting a replacement thai sim is something like 50 baht assuming they let you use your existing thai number i.e. not too old

Hi there, after the initial hassle of putting up with her indoors, who knows fk all about nothing. I left her behind and done it myself. Five minutes and my SIM card was back to its original number. Everything is fine, phone number and text work great. I gave the girl 100 baht to top up my phone and she said no further charges, So I got my original phone number back for free. Thanks again for everyone  for their suggestions. Cheers.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 3:19 AM, Moonlover said:

I certainly never have not sure how far going back 6-7 years at least probably longer