Ukrainian Woman Arrested After Spray Painting Famous Viewpoint in Phuket

webfact

56 minutes ago, webfact said:

A Ukrainian woman was arrested after she spray painted anti-Russia statements on rocks and benches at a famous viewpoint in Wichit.

..putin won't read those anti-russian statements, for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Phuket police arrest Ukrainian woman for spray painting slogans at viewpoint
by Tara Abhasakun

image.jpeg

Russian woman spray painted slogan, photo by PR Phuket.

Phuket police yesterday morning arrested a Ukrainian woman for spray painting slogans critical of Russia at a popular viewpoint.

The 34 year old woman spray painted “#Russia is a terrorist state,” and “#Russia” on rocks and a bench at Khao Khad Viewpoint in the Wichit sub-district of Phuket’s main city district.

Wichit Police tracked the woman down through CCTV footage. Officers arrested her and brought her to Wichit Police Station to charge her with vandalism.

Wichit Police Chief Colonel Chatree Chookaew said the woman told police that she did not mean to “destroy the image of Phuket in any way,” but only wanted to express her views on Russia’s aggression toward her country. She has promised not to repeat her actions if she visits Phuket or Thailand in the future.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/phuket-police-arrest-ukrainian-woman-for-spray-painting-slogans-at-viewpoint

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-04-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Who remembers that Scouser in Chiang Mai? Spray painting that wall, didn't he get some jail? 

I don't remember this case. But I know what to spray to earn a few years.

Can not be discussed here.

Or was it just damaging a cultural site?

I don't expect this Ukrainian to get severe fine or the like.

But Thai government is sure not keen to fight a foreign war with paroles here. Bad for business.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I don't remember this case. But I know what to spray to earn a few years.

Can not be discussed here.

Or was it just damaging a cultural site?

I don't expect this Ukrainian to get severe fine or the like.

But Thai government is sure not keen to fight a foreign war with paroles here. Bad for business.

Here's the story but I cant seem to find what happened to them 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/canadian-tourist-facing-jail-for-spraypainting-sacred-wall-with-brit-in-thailand-terrified-for-life-a3970131.html

A post has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

Personally make her scrub it off vandalism is what it is ! Send her back go fight if it means that much too her !  instead of laying around on ⛱️ spraying graffiti on bridges or landmarks in country your holidaying in while others are dieing for Ukraine or Russia ! unless you're conscientious objector to war , make peace sign ☮️✌️ plaque

Edited by Mad mick
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

How can you unintentionally buy spray paint and then graffiti in multiple places but not mean too. I say make her physically clean and remove it all and then charge her, fine her and blacklist her. Absolute scum when people think it's OK to destroy other people's property. 

Destroy? Perhaps you mean deface? The rocks and concrete she painted are still there you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1