A foreign Ex boyfriend who doesn't want to leave my condo

36 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Security have no power, and it should be the police after court order remove him. If she owns the appartment, why dont she just change the locks? Court order can take time.

Are you sure that the security in the building have no power to remove someone unwanted from the building? And if the unwanted person doesn't want to move then maybe they can use (a little) force to remove him. Or they can call the police. That's just my guess.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 1:30 PM, JimmyJ said:

I'm sure doesn't apply here, but in the USA it's not simple if the person has been there for x amount of time, I think 30 days but it could be less.

They cannot be removed without a court order, whether it be a relative, friend, house guest, ex gf or bf, etc.

Boyfriend or male in general is easy if you're a woman. Tell the police he was violent. Even if the property belongs to him he's out. Otherwise as you say, court order.

5 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Boyfriend or male in general is easy if you're a woman. Tell the police he was violent. Even if the property belongs to him he's out. Otherwise as you say, court order.

But please don't make false accusations. 

• Haha 1

Probably drama. Like talking about “why he won’t leave” or asking others to “negotiate with him”.

People have big problems and you don’t really know what’s going on in their heads. Most of it is from childhood or parental stuff.

Take a firm and decisive stance. He has already been asked. Change the locks and have someone there as a witness in case he returns while they are being changed. Your lucky enough to be in a condo and not a house.

Edited by JimTripper

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you sure that the security in the building have no power to remove someone unwanted from the building? And if the unwanted person doesn't want to move then maybe they can use (a little) force to remove him. Or they can call the police. That's just my guess.

Im quite sure they legally can not remove him physically, but I guess the right team will do it for you.

If she owns the appartment, and the management is willing to help, there is an easy task, just change the locks, pack up his things and give him a time to pick it up.

It should be possible to deny him to enter the condominium also, if he doesnt have his name on the appartment, but physically trow him out, is a police job. 

Not much to find on google

If the tenant refuses to leave after the contract and/or the notice to vacate expires, the police can be called upon to forcibly remove the tenant. Landlords are not allowed to take abandoned appliances and furniture as compensation for unpaid rent and damages

https://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Asia/Thailand/Landlord-and-Tenant

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

Is he a rentee? A co-rentee? A lodger? A licensee? 

It sounds like he is the latter. So if Thai law is like English law, then an oral agreement of reasonable notice (a week?), and then the police will come and remove him. 

On 4/10/2023 at 12:12 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

install thai padlock on his door when hes asleep...slip paper under door for him to sign if he is willing to vacate when he awakes to find hes locked in

Funny but I wouldn't recommend it as this is called false imprisonment / illegal detention. Lock anyone in anywhere for 5 seconds and you're looking at being locked in a prison cell for up to 5 years.

Edited by spongeworthy
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/9/2023 at 8:52 AM, JimTripper said:

Probably drama. Like talking about “why he won’t leave” or asking others to “negotiate with him”.

People have big problems and you don’t really know what’s going on in their heads. Most of it is from childhood or parental stuff.

Take a firm and decisive stance. He has already been asked. Change the locks and have someone there as a witness in case he returns while they are being changed. Your lucky enough to be in a condo and not a house.

A guest or relation who has worn out his welcome is a trespasser. A tenant who does not pay something similar. There must be a remedy? I seen them rout a foreign deadbeat from our condo before. ????‍♂️ ????‍♀️

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/8/2023 at 12:13 PM, biervoormij said:

Just stay out of it. I am sure you are not getting the whole story. If she really wants him out he would be gone.  I think she is telling you a lie and you believe it.

Nicely put. Whenever something literally makes no sense - assume you do not have al the relevant information.

Good luck to the OP's friend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spongeworthy said:

Funny but I wouldn't recommend it as this is called false imprisonment / illegal detention. Lock anyone in anywhere for 5 seconds and you're looking at being locked in a prison cell for up to 5 years.

imprison a trespasser until authorities arrive?...he is not a tenant on lease

Was a deadline given in writing?

He could be desperately looking for a new place but has no idea what “you need to leave” means. That could be like “right now” or it could mean at the end of the month, until he finds a new apt. Etc…

A third party needs to serve the guy with written notice so he knows what’s going on. Contrary to my previous posts I don’t advocate just ejecting somebody onto the street unless he has reasonable notice to get out. You need to be clear on this and set a limit.

if he gets pissed off you may not want to be sleeping with him in the same apt. Find an alternative place for him to stay during the week or whatever during notice. Maybe offer to get him a cheap room for a week.

Edited by JimTripper

On 4/8/2023 at 5:13 PM, biervoormij said:

Just stay out of it. I am sure you are not getting the whole story. If she really wants him out he would be gone.  I think she is telling you a lie and you believe it.

Best answer so far.

If it's not involving the OP, stay out of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find it reasonably to believe it is more to the story, than he just deny to move out, and OP haven't given much information either or updated the situation. I doubt she bought the apartment in her name with her money, and he will not move out. 

Are they still living together? 

I know  girls who told stories and made excuses, why they still lived with their x boy friends, and this one I have heard before, not only In Thailand either, and personal experience with one who actually owned the house and her bf did not want to move out. Now almost 30 years later they have a daughter and married. 

• Like 1

I had a similar life experience!

Just do what my x wanted to do during our last argument of our 35 year marriage! She threatened 

I’ll call the cops and say you hit me!

Edited by riclag

On 4/11/2023 at 5:04 AM, HuskerDo2 said:

Is this really a problem she can't handle on her own and you have to ask a msg board of strangers for a solution? She has more problems than the bf. SMH.

Indeed, and nobody mention but maybe he paid for it.

Yes, yes, I know, if it is not in his name, he has no rights but still...and make it more problematic.

13 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Indeed, and nobody mention but maybe he paid for it.

Yes, yes, I know, if it is not in his name, he has no rights but still...and make it more problematic.

Problematic is a massive understatment .Sniff else where