Guinness? Can I buy bottles or cans of Guinness in Pattaya area?

Nip

5 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

I did ask the same question from a few pubs. They said importing cans is not allowed, something to do with licensing. But they can import in kegs for on tap purposes. 

You may have been given some duff information. A subsequent post showing various cans of imported beer available from Villa Market would seem to indicate that canned beers can be imported.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Alidiver said:

In answer to your question and not the hijacked topic.

I've thoroughly searched Pattaya and its not available. 

I did find a stout in Tops in Central Festival though.

caddyshack soi 8 off threppasit road sells draught guiness 225 a pint....

hemmingways JOMTIEN might sell too...but not sure....

29 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

caddyshack soi 8 off threppasit road sells draught guiness 225 a pint....

hemmingways JOMTIEN might sell too...but not sure....

There are quite a few outlets for draught Guinness but its cans I am looking for thanks.

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

On the same subject, I see that there is Guiness 0% available in UK now.

Tried the Heineken 0% here, not bad, but more expensive than 5% stuff, and still cannot buy between 2 & 5pm.  555

I bought a pack of 4 of the 0% by mistake when I was in the U.K. last year, very similar can and packaging, it was putrid, I poured them down the sink.

I drink draught Guinness in Pattaya, it has recently gone up in price was 199 baht now 209 baht in Cheap Charlie’s. I used to go to the Sports Bar in LK Metro, it was 220 baht but they put it up to 240 baht, a bit excessive I think.I appreciate its cans your looking for but I asked a similar question not so long ago and got similar results.

Edited by Jumbo1968

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I bought a pack of 4 of the 0% by mistake when I was in the U.K. last year, very similar can and packaging, it was putrid, I poured them down the sink.

I drink draught Guinness in Pattaya, it has recently gone up in price was 199 baht now 209 baht in Cheap Charlie’s. I used to go to the Sports Bar in LK Metro, it was 220 baht but they put it up to 240 baht, a bit excessive I think.I appreciate its cans your looking for but I asked a similar question not so long ago and got similar results.

Thanks, everyone to their own. I agree it’s expensive on draught and in many bars the staff don’t know how to pour it. I asked the question on here cos I can’t see cans on sale at all. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

OP it might be wise to make the distinction between Guinness draught (canned or bottled) and Foreign Extra. I think the latter is the more prevalent sadly 

They sold Draught Guinness in small bottles the same as the cans in Italy when I was working there.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You may have been given some duff information. A subsequent post showing various cans of imported beer available from Villa Market would seem to indicate that canned beers can be imported.

The subject matter is Guinness, right? Perhaps I should’ve spelled it out for our slow friends. ???? 

On 4/13/2023 at 3:48 PM, KannikaP said:

On the same subject, I see that there is Guiness 0% available in UK now.

Tried the Heineken 0% here, not bad, but more expensive than 5% stuff, and still cannot buy between 2 & 5pm.  555

He is looking for the real stuff and not zero.