How mean with money

56 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Ok ok you got me ,I'm really here in level 19 of the  head office tower in Bangkok ,sitting in the next cubicle is worgeordie typing madly away ,fat is a type of crazy is the floor supervisor checking out the output  posts ,4 posts an hour he wants, , Mac mickmanus is here too ,he is the cleaner 

Brit man is here too  , iold office perv we call him , in the other cubicle beer bottle on his desk perving at all the office girls , Its a wonder he gets his 4 posts an hour out !

Thai beach lovers is the floor first aid officer , don't get me started what he says about the Thai office girls ,????can't be trusted he says 

Don't worry, we see you!!!

image.jpeg.55b0e62a4ac248ca19467d0ed7bfa909.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Shower at the gym instead of at home?

A gym membership is a complete waste of money. One can exercise just as well with a couple of dumb-bells, following a YouTube video.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

....and yet the wealthy are notoriously tight with their money....555

My friend from school made quite alot of money in the 90ies working hard and be at the right time with his new inventions. 

His best advise to me when I started to make money, was to keep on living as I did before making money. Well I did follow his advise until 47, and then semi retired. He contunue as he always did, and mostly because he enjoys it. 

Correction, he got One nice car, one old car which he always driving, a standard family house, but invested in ha mountain holiday home at the right place, at the right time. Now worth 3 times the investment he did 10 years ago. 

When going on travel with airplanes, he takes the bus and the regular train no express vip train, and save about 300 baht, even the express train go more often and faster. 

• Like 1

I believe those with money who are very cheap suffer from some obsession or addiction.  Worrying about every last baht they spend.  And, if they find out they spent 50 b too much on something, they will be bothered and think about it the rest of the day.  Borderline some type of mental illness in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

On the other hand , you don't want to end up as the richest person in the cemetery 

Still if we lived more like our grandparents, we would not only save us from pollution, we would be ready for more challenging times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

A gym membership is a complete waste of money. One can exercise just as well with a couple of dumb-bells, following a YouTube video.

not really true, I do have a home gym because there is no decent gym close, but still enjoy going to a gyme while travelling because of the social aspect of it as well inspiration not to mention the variety of different exercises you can perform free weights and quality machines. 

I never using showers in the gym unless I have to go on public transport, which I never need to. Cant stand putting my feet on those yeast infected floors  ????

Instead of dumbells, elastic bands do a good job to. 

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My Grandparents used to burn coal and wood fires every night to heat the house and drove gas guzzling cars

I guess there is a difference where you came from yes, and coming from Norway, we where less populated and most people did live in the districts. However they did not consume much, did not have cars before 1960 ish, fermented food, and managed to live on little money, but still seemed happy to me. 

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I guess there is a difference where you came from yes, and coming from Norway, we where less populated and most people did live in the districts. However they did not consume much, did not have cars before 1960 ish, fermented food, and managed to live on little money, but still seemed happy to me. 

If they were so happy living like that , why don't you do the same and live like that as well ?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If they were so happy living like that , why don't you do the same and live like that as well ?

Read, if we lived more like our grandparents, and yes I do live on a small farm with my wife, where we try to be less depended. 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My Grandparents used to cut one tree down every month to stick in the fire place to keep warm 

Im not sure where you are from, but suspect Uk, where the houses I know is cold as F, and weather to, and I will remind you one more time, maybe live a bit more like, it doesnt mean everything was good back then either. 

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

George I think is Australian getting close to retirement who has holidays in Thailand and thinking of living in Thailand, same me,  but otherwise there is nothing in common.

Mac Mickmanus is clearly a UK guy. Have some political stuff in common except he pushes back against anti Trump comments and defends Trump stuff all the time. He says it is because there's too much talk about Trump but I think he loves Trump very much. 

I really did not see that one coming, and if so, it had to be the more dissociative identity disorder I have observed on this fora ????

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

not really true, I do have a home gym because there is no decent gym close, but still enjoy going to a gyme while travelling because of the social aspect of it as well inspiration not to mention the variety of different exercises you can perform free weights and quality machines. 

I never using showers in the gym unless I have to go on public transport, which I never need to. Cant stand putting my feet on those yeast infected floors  ????

Instead of dumbells, elastic bands do a good job to. 

Whatever floats your boat, I socialize elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

still enjoy going to a gyme while travelling because of the social aspect of it as well

I don't get this at all.

I'm focused on doing my 4 big group exercises times 4 reps. I'm either lifting or psyching myself to lift.

And everyone else seems to be of the same mind. 'Have not yet had a gym convo in Thailand.

'HAVE discretely check out some bubble butts.

As my wife says, a second quick check-out is expected, but don't be obvious and turn your head, let alone really crane it. 

I like a big woman in the gym. I didn't know this until I started going to the gym.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Im not sure where you are from, but suspect Uk, where the houses I know is cold as F, and weather to, and I will remind you one more time, maybe live a bit more like, it doesnt mean everything was good back then either. 

There are 22 million odd houses in the UK , how many do you "know" ?

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You see there's 2 sides ,there's the farangs who are very frugal almost mean will only pay the baht bus driver 10 b no top and there's those who say give more !

Another boring OP by Mr georgegeorgia. AS Elvis sang... "Are you lonesome tonight..." 

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are 22 million odd houses in the UK , how many do you "know" ?

Well in the 80'ies and 90'ies I was schooled and worked in Uk both in Nottingham and Aberdeen, and buildings seemed to be the same where ever I go, be it hotel or houses. And by reputation many European houses be it Uk, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, all bad insulated and cold. Switzerland and Germany seems to be on Pair with Norway when coming to construction and insulation. 

Not really a suited conversation here is it? Take or leave it, no need to argue more about my experience when it comes to uk house standards in a thread about being mean with money in Thailand. 

It was just a small comment you escalated. 

29 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I don't get this at all.

I'm focused on doing my 4 big group exercises times 4 reps. I'm either lifting or psyching myself to lift.

And everyone else seems to be of the same mind. 'Have not yet had a gym convo in Thailand.

'HAVE discretely check out some bubble butts.

As my wife says, a second quick check-out is expected, but don't be obvious and turn your head, let alone really crane it. 

I like a big woman in the gym. I didn't know this until I started going to the gym.

Im not sure I follow you here ????

I guess some have it easier to get in contact than others, and also secure each other when lifting heavy. It is more normal in more pro gyms than average gyms. 

Also used to go same gym in Hua hin for two years and working out the same time every day 4-6 times a week, you start to know people. Same in hotels with proper gyms, you see the same people at the same morning or afternoon sessions.

And of course there is some Common sense when to talk or not, some just want to exercise and thats it, and must respect that. 

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well in the 80'ies and 90'ies I was schooled and worked in Uk both in Nottingham and Aberdeen, and buildings seemed to be the same where ever I go, be it hotel or houses. And by reputation many European houses be it Uk, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, all bad insulated and cold. Switzerland and Germany seems to be on Pair with Norway when coming to construction and insulation. 

Not really a suited conversation here is it? Take or leave it, no need to argue more about my experience when it comes to uk house standards in a thread about being mean with money in Thailand. 

It was just a small comment you escalated. 

I the last 30 0r 40 years , many houses in the UK have got double glazing doors and windows , insulated roofs and insulated walls and open vents filled in and centrally heated 

I call these people, rich on paper people. They might be able to show or claim this 1 million yearly pension, or even are millionaires, specially americans with paid of homes etc. But the reality is that they wasted most of their life, and gonna die with most of the money.

I prefer people who find a middle way, like myself, and enjoy as you live. To save money on your water bill, in SE asia, then you simply suck and are a very sad person.

Rich dad poor dad basically, the guy the OP writes about is poor dad (for those who don't know the book, the poor dad is not actually poor, but he is compared to rich dad).

I also think in the same time it's so sad to see many people with loads of money, but no financial education, thus thinking they have nowhere enough to retire early or live here, while they can easily. I really laugh about this, I started with 5K euro 10 years ago, and I am still here today, better off than ever before even.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Yep.  They are all destined to be broke and working grave yard shift as a laborer in a public hospital.

Actually 70% of all wealth is with 50+ people, so eventually it goes back to them. It is actually the biggest wealth transfer in history, that is soon due.

40 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Also used to go same gym in Hua hin for two years and working out the same time every day 4-6 times a week, you start to know people.

Guess I have to keep putting in the time.

And ditch my not-that-great personal trainer who's clearly keeping people away from me

Keeping people away from me? Maybe not. It's a younger crowd. I'm like wallpaper to them.