Pattaya Police Assist Intoxicated Foreigner Who Stabbed Himself

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

Lots of foreigners in town with mental health issues these days.

That's good.

Shows that tourism is getting back to normal.

Business as usual in the "Jewel Of The Eastern Provinces".

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, rtco said:

Stop belittling Mental Health. I suffered for 6 months thinking I could sort it myself before I sought help and it ain't nice I can tell you. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Isn't the issue of the topic someone under the influence of something behaving badly? Be it alcohol, or some drug or combination suspected? Why are you bringing (your) mental health into the topic? It wasn't mentioned in the post you quoted.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why are you bringing (your) mental health into the topic? It wasn't mentioned in the post you quoted.

It was clearly mentioned in the post he quoted.  Check the original comment again.

The post he quoted included a quote about mental health, it then added a further comment on mental health by commenting on that quote.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It was clearly mentioned in the post he quoted.  Check the original comment again.

The post he quoted included a quote about mental health, it then added a further comment on mental health by commenting on that quote.

I believe that comment was from someone I have blocked so hence not seen by me.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

unidentified male foreigner who stabbed himself and suffered non-fatal injuries

sometimes I complain, then scold myself for being a snowflake and craving attention.   I don't raise my voice, just frustrated as I'm sold something defective or endless power outages or lack of water in my rented unit.   I smile, keep my frustration inward, and move on.

Then I read about this guy and smile......knowing I'm not even remotely craving attention compared to this nutjob.   Good, I'm OK.   No, he's NOT OK.  Definitely not OK.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Isn't the issue of the topic someone under the influence of something behaving badly? Be it alcohol, or some drug or combination suspected? Why are you bringing (your) mental health into the topic? It wasn't mentioned in the post you quoted.

It wasn't mentioned , but it stands to reason that someone who stabs or cuts himself has serious mental issues.

15 hours ago, thecyclist said:

It wasn't mentioned , but it stands to reason that someone who stabs or cuts himself has serious mental issues.

I don't know that for sure not being particularly familiar with the effects of many exotic substances beyond alcohol, and have know people be self destructive with that too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 4:26 PM, thecyclist said:
On 4/18/2023 at 8:34 AM, jacko45k said:

If you don't have personal experience with or knowledge of mental health and aren't familiar with recreational drugs, then like myself, you are totally unqualified to suggest that this guy has 'serious mental issues'.

For example, I was unaware that a combination of alcohol and marijuana would result in my parking a BMW I didn't own behind the old Marine Plaza and, clad only in a large bath towel, going upstairs at the Marine Disco in time for the 'lucky number' draw.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry. Not buying it. I don't care how high one gets. Stabbing oneself in the chest is crazy rare. Not impossible, but unlikely. He might have fallen on a sharp object, or? 

So, you subscribe to the alternative "yabaa-crazed ladyboy, on failing to find a wallet, angrily stabbed the guy and ran away" theory?

You don't get 'high' on these chemicals. You get royally f***ed up. There have been plenty tabloid stories of otherwise nice and normal people doing pretty awful and 'out of character' things when bent out of shape on the alcohol/meth/ice cocktail. Plenty more to come as well.