Security guard stomps on American tourist’s head in Phuket (video)

webfact

It would seem the American tourist was complicit in the violence which resulted in his broken nose. Seems he has a weak standing, if any, to lodge a complaint. Normally I would be critical of the minimal 1,000 baht fine to the security guard. In this case, its a token, but at 4 AM after a customer, no doubt drunk and belligerent, engages in an altercation with a DJ requiring the intervention of 3 security guards, its difficult to have even a shred of compassion. He got off light with a broken nose and a hangover. He tarnishes the reputation, be it as it is, of foreign tourists to the kingdom.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BestB said:

Just to clarify because i am little confused, so he picks a  fight with s staff member, gets thrown out and in the process gets his nose broken, but wants to file charges and have what outcome? be compensated ? or what?

In the video i see he keeps resisting when 3 guards dragging him away

It's already been settled. Smiles around the police station and some compensation for medical expenses. The kicker was fined 1000 baht.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Stamp on a Thais head and see what happens..

Didn't a Thai lady get something like 200,000 baht for getting her ar$e slapped last year??

Very different situations 

The Thai woman was a victim of sexual assault , seems like the American guy was assaulting a D.J and then got beaten himself

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It's already been settled. Smiles around the police station and some compensation for medical expenses. The kicker was fined 1000 baht.

Chelsea are looking into buying him from the bar for 50 Million Quid and offering him a 7 year contract 

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

The Yank should wake up and realize the rest of the world ain't America and he can't whine about "safe spaces", "micro-aggression" and his precious rights in Thailand. From the video evidence it looks like the Ugly American started the fight. He paid the consequences. Now accept them like a man and leave Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

Without even reading this and i don't care what the situation was this guy must have deserved a slapping, but stomping on his head is a tad extreme

That is rather lenient , fighting the DJ and then fighting the bouncers in a Club and you would end up unconscious in a heap in a back alley in many Countries 

• Like 1

After watching that video from the American it seems they resolved the solution.

A long time ago I read in travel book (yes, before the www), that it is best to walk away from any trouble and then contact the tourist police.

I guess that is still good advice. 

57 minutes ago, Denim said:

The altercation was about a smartphone that the DJ had stolen ( supposedly ) from the American tourist who was seeking redress.

Beside that I am also not selling bibles when I go to a bar, I found that often the Bargirl reminded me, to pick up the phone from the table and keep it in my pocket.

Especially when I turned into a bottomless pit drinking the "other one for the road",

She blamed beside "some Freelancers" who are not belonging to the bar that also "tourist" are well known to pick the chance if given... 

I guess the girlies are often blamed they have stolen the phone, the money, the necklace, but in reality try their best to get you to the ATM without troubles and earn another couple of quit..  That's why they working for.. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BestB said:

Just to clarify because i am little confused, so he picks a  fight with s staff member, gets thrown out and in the process gets his nose broken, but wants to file charges and have what outcome? be compensated ? or what?

Ok I actually bothered to listen to the video and the presenters at the very start say the DJ stole his phone. Who knows what happened but I doubt the DJ just decided to go after some random tourist. Probably witnesses would tell the full story.

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Do security staff ever work singularly? They have a job to do, they're not there do decide what is a fair fight.

Nor are they there to continue the fight. They are there to control the situation not get their rocks off adding to the violence.

• Like 2

Though we Americans do not enjoy a good reputation, likely for some very good reasons, this guy re-defines the term Ugly American. What a goon. He is lucky he only got his nose busted. 

What boggles my mind is that these days Karens go to the media even when they are guilty. Don't they realize how bad it makes them look? Don't they even care about looking like a complete fool, in the eyes of the world? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1