Anutin may give up politics if the latest opinion poll giving Bhumjaithai Party 3% proves correct

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Bhumjaithai Party leader Anutin Charnvirakul, on Monday, told reporters that if the opinion poll published on Sunday showing his party at 3% to 3.75% proved to be correct after the May 14th General Election, returning something like 12 MPs to parliament then he will no longer be the leader of the party and suggested he would consider halting his involvement in politics altogether.

Consider.... with his arrogance that's laughable.

1 hour ago, h90 said:

I think the decision to use a proved vaccine technology over a new one, was good.

Was over paying for a vaccine shunned around the world, but manufactured by a powerful friend a good decision? 

Was disallowing and refusing pleas from hospitals and Dr's to import the vaccines medical experts worldwide deemed most effective a good decision?

Allowing people to choose their preferred vaccine would have been the best policy. Anutin absolutely failed by that measure. 

And pushing the ganja agenda through in a chaotic manner that's very likely to be overturned is another example of poor administration skills and decision making. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Was over paying for a vaccine shunned around the world, but manufactured by a powerful friend a good decision? 

Was disallowing and refusing pleas from hospitals and Dr's to import the vaccines medical experts worldwide deemed most effective a good decision?

Allowing people to choose their preferred vaccine would have been the best policy. Anutin absolutely failed by that measure. 

And pushing the ganja agenda through in a chaotic manner that's very likely to be overturned is another example of poor administration skills and decision making. 

I can not remember the prices but I think the Chinese vaccine was cheaper. It does not work well, but as we know now the other vaccines the same don't work well. That homebrew AstraZeneka is most probably something he had no choice, not his fault.
I hope the ganja won't be overturned, but I worry that you are right and it will....For one time Thailand is modern and understands that putting people in jail for smoking ganja is no solution. But I see how it angers many of the hardcore shoot first ask later right wing narcotic hardliner.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, h90 said:

I can not remember the prices but I think the Chinese vaccine was cheaper. It does not work well, but as we know now the other vaccines the same don't work well. That homebrew AstraZeneka is most probably something he had no choice, not his fault.
I hope the ganja won't be overturned, but I worry that you are right and it will....For one time Thailand is modern and understands that putting people in jail for smoking ganja is no solution. But I see how it angers many of the hardcore shoot first ask later right wing narcotic hardliner.

Sinovac was cheaper worldwide, but Anutin was paying a premium for it. More than AZ and about the same as Moderna and Pfizer while refusing to allow them to be imported. 

8 minutes ago, h90 said:

..For one time Thailand is modern and understands that putting people in jail for smoking ganja is no solution.

And yet the current administration and Bhumjaithai aren't modern enough to understand that putting people in jail for criticizing them isn't the solution 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Sinovac was cheaper worldwide, but Anutin was paying a premium for it. More than AZ and about the same as Moderna and Pfizer while refusing to allow them to be imported. 

Ah OK, I did miss that.....if it is true, than it is clearly corruption and I have to agree that better away with him.

1 minute ago, ftpjtm said:

And yet the current administration and Bhumjaithai aren't modern enough to understand that putting people in jail for criticizing them isn't the solution 

I agree on that.....But it is a different topic....I am total on your side with it, I am a free speech absolutist.

45 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Maybe an additional point: I recall during Thaksin all internet traffic had to pass a state censorship server and you got sometimes an error message when it could not keep up with it. And he boasted that he hired 10.000 people to check/block/censor internet and I frequently saw foreign newspapers blocked. I am sure they still block some gambling or p*rno but I can't remember to ever again saw any message. It was a bit Chinese style. Don't know when it ended, but for sure it is not worse than before.
But agree every bit of censorship is bad. Don't know for TV and local newspaper as I don't own a TV but on Internet outside of Thailand I don't see anything blocked in my usage

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, h90 said:

Maybe an additional point: I recall during Thaksin all internet traffic had to pass a state censorship server and you got sometimes an error message when it could not keep up with it. And he boasted that he hired 10.000 people to check/block/censor internet and I frequently saw foreign newspapers blocked. I am sure they still block some gambling or p*rno but I can't remember to ever again saw any message. It was a bit Chinese style. Don't know when it ended, but for sure it is not worse than before.
But agree every bit of censorship is bad. Don't know for TV and local newspaper as I don't own a TV but on Internet outside of Thailand I don't see anything blocked in my usage

Any idea which parties do and don't support harsh enforcement of lesse majeste laws? AKA jailing those who speak out against royalist governments?

In my mind, jailing the opposition is a little more harsh than internet censorship, which I recall being most severe immediately after the coup

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 1