Woman sparks outrage by posing on the train tracks at Auschwitz

Social Media

In the image, taken and shared by Maria Murphy, the anonymous woman is shown sitting on the railway tracks that transported some 1.1 million people (including 1 million Jews) to their deaths at the camp.

She is in a casual pose, leaning back and smiling widely, as she holds her hair off her face with one of her hands.

In the caption accompanying the image, which was posted on April 15, Maria wrote: 'Today I had one of the most harrowing experiences of my life. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And that is likely not much of an indication of her intelligence, but rather her understanding of how to manipulate a social media platform, and the silly number of people who use them. 

Work smarter, not harder .... is extremely intelligent. IMHO

Good for her ... ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

And that is likely not much of an indication of her intelligence, but rather her understanding of how to manipulate a social media platform, and the silly number of people who use them. 

PT Barnum would of been a billionaire if he'd lived in these times.

The "Look At ME" generation strikes again.   Not sure which is worse, the idiot who poses for such a picture or the legion of idiots who encourage it by their clicks/likes/hearts/messages.  

You can see the same in Thailand at various sacred sites. I remember seeing a group of Korean teenagers doing one of those 'group jump' style pictures in front of Wat Chedi Luang in Chiang Mai. The guard gave them a good shout and they at least had the grace to slink away in shame. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

could we please have some more details about the 0.1 million non-Jews? they seem to get forgotten about in all the hubbub.

You can find a general answer to your questionably sincere query at this link at this header.

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/introduction-to-the-holocaust

Who were the other victims of Nazi persecution and mass murder?

• Thumbs Up 1