90 day online notification rejected due to need "update TM30"?

It seems many are being asked to update a TM30 that old.

Was the "update TM30" message generated by the online 90 day? If so, that's a new one - more tightening under the hood.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Did you recently stay at a hotel where you checked in with your passport?  This has happened to me and I went to immigration and the 90 Day report was completed without any questions.  

I did not check into any hotel with passport, no. You also received the "update TM30" explanation with 90-day online application rejection email? And you went to CW TM30 desk to "update" before going to 90-day window? What docs or info required for update TM30? Thanks.

1 hour ago, david_je said:

I did not check into any hotel with passport, no. You also received the "update TM30" explanation with 90-day online application rejection email? And you went to CW TM30 desk to "update" before going to 90-day window? What docs or info required for update TM30? Thanks.

I am not in BKK. I am in CNX.  I went to the 90 Day reporting window and was given the receipt for the next 90 day report date.  I have lived in the same place for many years but sometimes if you stay at a hotel in Thailand the TM-30 system appears to indicate that the hotel is your new residence.  For TM-30 reporting or update a rental agreement if you are a renter and probably proof of ownership if you own a condo.  

Happened to me in Hua Hin Immigration last year on a 90 day report. My SF30 had been very old (many years) so the IMM officer asked for me to bring my condo blue book to process my new SF30 and then do my 90 day report without incident.

11 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

PM me if you'd like to receive a comprehensive Guideline on how to do the above.  It's not rocket-science, but without clear explanation and instructions on how to do it, it would be once again a very Thai confusing experience.

Yes please Red Phoenix. My wife, as " housemaster" with her blue book is quite useless at this and most administrative matters, just asking " why I have to do this, you my husband, this our home"! So I'd really appreciate an idiots guide to getting our home registered for this chore, should it need repeating. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 pages??

I did a tm 30 recently in Phuket
copy of the lease

copy of Landlords id card ( signed) 
copy of house book ( signed)
POA signed by landlord
its not rocket science or needing 6 pages describing what to do  ????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Yes please.

I have registered but the system keeps quoting my previous address..................a look through those guidelines may shoe me where I went wrong.

Guideline sent PM and hope it helps you figuring out the issue you experience.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2023 at 8:53 AM, david_je said:

address has not changed since and that is the same address I used for the 90 day notification.

It should not happen when you confirm your permanent address by 90 day report. It could be a random check or it's getting tighter than before. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When I did my extension in January the lady at the window asked me how come mine was so old.  I just told her i have never moved since living here and the subject was dropped.

Edited by rwill

15 minutes ago, rwill said:

When I did my extension in January the lady at the window asked me how come my was so old.  I just told her i have never moved since living here and the subject was dropped.

I have live here same address 10 years and have never done a TM30. 

CW immigration. 

Extensions from non O retirement.

Here is a strange twist to this thread.

My one and only TM30  submitted was submitted by me online years ago using our house address and me as "occupier".

All I have is a screenshot photo from my PC, printed out.

BUT, for the last 2 or 3 annual extensions, Immigration (Pathum Thani)  have made me fill out a TM28 "Change of address " form.

The first time I queried "why"??

Same address since 2008!

Answer: "New procedure "

So each time now I'm  issued with an official receipt (mostly in Thai) stating that I have notified them of my "change of address"

They never ask for or look at my old TM30  screenshot !

I think it is their weird way of "updating" that my  address has not changed.

90 day online reports seem to go through ok....although often taking a few days to get the magic reply.

So, as has been stated hundreds of times,  every office has their own quirky ways

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/21/2023 at 3:04 PM, Soondae said:

Happened to me in Hua Hin Immigration last year on a 90 day report. My SF30 had been very old (many years) so the IMM officer asked for me to bring my condo blue book to process my new SF30 and then do my 90 day report without incident.

Is the SF30 a special Hua Hin version of the TM30?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have live here same address 10 years and have never done a TM30. 

CW immigration. 

Extensions from non O retirement.

Then you have broken the law (technically).

The law for doing a TM 30 has been around for decades - but rarely implemented.

Everyone should have at least one on record.

I have lived here for more than 20 years and I do one every time that I return to my permanent address. It takes two minutes online.

What's to hate about it.

34 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have lived here for more than 20 years and I do one every time that I return to my permanent address. It takes two minutes online

You must deal with one of those crazy offices that do not follow the change of rules regarding TM30 that occured in June 2020. 

I deal with CW and they follow the rules.

Returning to permanent residence after stays in other provinces and also from abroad a TM30 is NOT required. 

Outlined in this thread...

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 9:24 AM, Red Phoenix said:

1 - When you are renting, ask the landlord to make a new TM-30 notification of you staying at their premises, and bring a copy of that with you when going to Immigration. Also bring a copy of the rental contract and a signed front/back copy of the ID-card of the landlord.

2 - When you are not renting, register your house or condo on the IO TM-30 website, this will allow you to issue a TM-30 yourself for any foreigner (including yourself) staying at your place.

Note: Do PM me if you'd like to receive a comprehensive Guideline on how to do the above.  It's not rocket-science, but without clear explanation and instructions on how to do it, it would be once again a very Thai confusing experience.

Your document, which is very helpful, appears to be for those doing the TM30 for first time. As mentioned in my original post, I did the TM30 in June 2019 and my Bangkok address has not changed since and that is the same address I used for the 90 day notification, but the 90 day system rejected my application saying TM30 needs to be updated.  Will the TM30 registration site have an update option? Sorry, I have not yet explored it because I can't stare at screen for too long. Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, david_je said:

Your document, which is very helpful, appears to be for those doing the TM30 for first time. As mentioned in my original post, I did the TM30 in June 2019 and my Bangkok address has not changed since and that is the same address I used for the 90 day notification, but the 90 day system rejected my application saying TM30 needs to be updated.  Will the TM30 registration site have an update option? Sorry, I have not yet explored it because I can't stare at screen for too long. Thank you. 

When your address is not already registered on the on-line IO TM-30 website (e.g. your landlord having done so already), you should be able to register that address, which will then allow you to notify your local Imm Office of any foreigner (including yourself) staying at the premises by issuing a TM-30.  Once it has been set-up dong so only takes 2 minutes, and it avoids having to go to your local Imm Office in person for doing the notification. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1