Breaking:Dominic Raab resigns as deputy prime minister and justice secretary

Social Media

Dominic Raab has resigned as Justice Secretary and Deputy Prime Minister after an independent investigation ruled he bullied civil service in a string of government departments.

The former Tory leadership contender quit  following a day of agonising by the Prime minister Rishi Sunak over whether to sack him after he received Adam Tolley KC's report.

Dominic Raab: Timeline of the Deputy Prime Minister's political career.
Dominic Raab has resigned as deputy prime minister after a damaging report into claims he bullied civil servants was finally published.

The findings of Adam Tolley KC’s independent probe in the bullying claims landed on the PM’s desk on Thursday morning, but the results were not initially revealed.

Mr Raab has denied allegations of bullying – insisting that he believes “heart and soul” that he is not a bully.

In a punchy resignation letter he said he felt “duty bound” to accept the outcome of the inquiry.

But he also came out fighting, saying the independent investigation had dismissed “all but two” allegations against him. The findings were “flawed” and set a dangerous precendent for “good government”, he added, by setting the threshold for bullying “so low”.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Do you not think that allegations of ministers behaving inappropriately or abusing their positions should be investigated?

Not in all cases if his doing a good job. 

When I was a ganger in the roofing industry if you didn't pull your weight I would in no uncertain terms say to you work like the others or get ell out of it, so maybe I was a bully. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Do you not think that allegations of ministers behaving inappropriately or abusing their positions should be investigated?

Bullying, aaaaaaah, the poor things, but on the other hand, It's great to read that the SNP, at last, has been shown to be dodgy and are being investigated...:intheclub:

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Who's next for the witch hunt. ????

Well, I reckon they would love to move against Suella Braverman. Trouble is she is 1) a woman and 2) from a " minority background" , so they will have to be careful to avoid compromising their own positions on such matters.

Raab was a straight white man so no problems there, Jewish too which of course was a bit of a bonus!

55 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Not in all cases if his doing a good job. 

When I was a ganger in the roofing industry if you didn't pull your weight I would in no uncertain terms say to you work like the others or get ell out of it, so maybe I was a bully. 

He wasn’t doing a good job, which is why he felt the need to bully his subordinates.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well, I reckon they would love to move against Suella Braverman. Trouble is she is 1) a woman and 2) from a " minority background" , so they will have to be careful to avoid compromising their own positions on such matters.

Raab was a straight white man so no problems there, Jewish too which of course was a bit of a bonus!

I didn't know he was Jewish and I hate it when religion get in involved with men/women running a country.

24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He wasn’t doing a good job, which is why he felt the need to bully his subordinates.

You obviously haven't read the report.

Instead, as usual, you jump on the anti government band wagon. In fact, so much so I guess you are driving. ????????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I didn't know he was Jewish and I hate it when religion get in involved with men/women running a country.

His father was Jewish - Czechoslovakia as a child when the NAZIS started closing in.

He is not "observant" but...

Braverman is a Buddhist - again I don't know how observant but she is not Muslim so her ethnicity will be a weak protection.

That creature who spent months shouting down a loudspeaker in Parliament Square about Brexit has been posting Photoshop pictures of her standing in triumph outside the gates of Auschwitz all over the internet. It's coming down the line.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

The best argument the Tories have for getting rid of Braverman is she’s setting up the Election talk track for the extremists in ‘Reform UK’ and other far right parties that will take votes from the Tories.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The best argument the Tories have for getting rid of Braverman is she’s setting up the Election talk track for the extremists in ‘Reform UK’ and other far right parties that will take votes from the Tories.

I reckon you should be next PM and then I can bully you into getting rid of frozen pensions. ????????