Turkish man assaults Pattaya restaurant worker, leaving him in a coma

webfact

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Hmmmmm, seems Mustafa-A-Fight is a kebab short of a picnic.....:blink:

Seems they are looking at two more incidents. The French people and also at a Cannabis shop. 
They need to squeeze him dry and ship him out, forever. 

Edited by NextG
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, malibukid said:

again background checks should be required of all tourist.

I am a retired federal agent of the government of the U.S. of A. and worked with a once, little known part of a military intelligence collection agency..  I have had three background investigations that involved multiple face to face interviews of the people I worked with, my neighbors, my relatives, and queries to local law enforcement agencies.   All because I either had access to, worked with, intel that was some of the most sensitive material of the military or NSA,  or generated cryptographic materials and intel.   

Every five years, agents were again sent around to question fellow employees, neighbors and relatives to keep my security clearances active.  I didn't even need to commit a crime to lose my clearance.    5 moving violation traffic tickets or other moral factors would have caused my clearance to be pulled and I would lose my job.   

Do I need a background check before I go to Thailand??? 

More to the point, did you have a background criminal investigation before you went to Thailand?  If so, how extensive was your background investigation?

5 hours ago, nchuckle said:

"Something must be done" appears to be extent of your suggestion. I’m against anything that’s unworkable in practice ,as I already outlined. What are your plans for vetting tens of millions of arrivals?

it's not up to me to detail the solution they can work on that, just keep the criminals out, makes sense to the non criminals

I remember when Songkran was a fairly timid affair with people putting dobs of whitepaste on your face and sprinkling some water. Then one fateful year some fat German tourist was walking through khaosarn with a huge plastic spray gun. The rest is history. Now you have Thais riding in pick ups with huge bins full of water. Often you would see idiots throwing or hosing bus drivers and tuk tuks. Morons. Mercifully that mindless behaviour seems to have waned a bit post covid.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, BangkokKnights said:

I remember when Songkran was a fairly timid affair with people putting dobs of whitepaste on your face and sprinkling some water. Then one fateful year some fat German tourist was walking through khaosarn with a huge plastic spray gun. The rest is history. Now you have Thais riding in pick ups with huge bins full of water. Often you would see idiots throwing or hosing bus drivers and tuk tuks. Morons. Mercifully that mindless behaviour seems to have waned a bit post covid.

Thais in pickups with bins full of water?   That was done back in 1973.   I was there!

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 1:43 PM, NextG said:

Most people DID NOT splash me. The few who did so, carried it out in a considered way. A spray like rain, aiming for the torso instead of the head… I respect that behaviour and appreciated their consideration. 
Next time, join in. Have fun and lighten your load for a while. 

Not so sure there will be a next time or that Mustafa would want a next time, given he certainly didn't like this time.

Though looking at the video again…. There seems to be some animosity from the ‘car park attendant’. 
The reason why I state this is that the Turk has a water gun and is playing, the car park attendant approach’s him and pours a bucket of water over the Turk. The Turk turns around and starts to spray the ‘car park attendant’ in reciprocation, but the ‘car park attendant’ grabs his gun and tussles with him. That was not playful behaviour. There was definite malice behind the car park attendant’s behaviour. He might have been annoyed with the Turk beforehand, but that is no excuse either. 
I may have been wrong in my initial assessment. There is definitely more to it if you watch the video. 

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

I am a retired federal agent of the government of the U.S. of A. and worked with a once, little known part of a military intelligence collection agency..  I have had three background investigations that involved multiple face to face interviews of the people I worked with, my neighbors, my relatives, and queries to local law enforcement agencies.   All because I either had access to, worked with, intel that was some of the most sensitive material of the military or NSA,  or generated cryptographic materials and intel.   

Every five years, agents were again sent around to question fellow employees, neighbors and relatives to keep my security clearances active.  I didn't even need to commit a crime to lose my clearance.    5 moving violation traffic tickets or other moral factors would have caused my clearance to be pulled and I would lose my job.   

More to the point, did you have a background criminal investigation before you went to Thailand?  If so, how extensive was your background investigation?

I was cleared to Cosmic,Top Secret. Atomal. Would that count.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Though looking at the video again…. There seems to be some animosity from the ‘car park attendant’. 
The reason why I state this is that the Turk has a water gun and is playing, the car park attendant approach’s him and pours a bucket of water over the Turk. The Turk turns around and starts to spray the ‘car park attendant’ in reciprocation, but the ‘car park attendant’ grabs his gun and tussles with him. That was not playful behaviour. There was definite malice behind the car park attendant’s behaviour. He might have been annoyed with the Turk beforehand, but that is no excuse either. 
I may have been wrong in my initial assessment. There is definitely more to it if you watch the video. 

I would hate water poured on my sidearm...........????

20 hours ago, chalawaan said:

If the US can insist on a full manifest of every single pax on every single inbound plane before take off for the last 22 years, then it's doable, Oh and China do it internally with 1.5 billion people. I'm not saying it's a great idea, and in China's case, it has yet to stop crimes such as kidnapping etc. where thousands of children are abducted in broad daylight and sold to who knows? It's just that it's not really that hard to ground anyone with a criminal record from leaving home to begin with. 

A passenger manifest is not a criminal records check and is common to all airlines. It's simply a list of passengers and passport numbers. Nor do the laws in most countries prevent anyone with a criminal record from leaving,(except under very specific circumstances prescribed by the court). A criminal records check clearance can only be provided by the police force in that country and are not accessible to all and sundry,rightly so. 

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

but in principle you agree it's best to keep those with criminal records out?

In principle it’s best no one ever commits a crime also,isn’t it…? 
And are you saying that someone who shoplifted a Mars bar when 16 should also be prevented from having a retirement holiday here ? You see,that’s why it’s important to think suggestions through,eh ? 

52 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

In principle it’s best no one ever commits a crime also,isn’t it…? 
And are you saying that someone who shoplifted a Mars bar when 16 should also be prevented from having a retirement holiday here ? You see,that’s why it’s important to think suggestions through,eh ? 

thing is there's too many shady farang in Thailand, now shady Chinese, if you have a criminal record you can only blame yourself

On 4/22/2023 at 7:41 AM, BangkokReady said:

Absolutely, if you have that choice.  Many foreigners and Thais living in Thailand do not.

ALL foreigners have a choice - even those who CHOSE to retire in Thailand!

On 4/22/2023 at 5:58 AM, webfact said:

The incident has shocked the local community.

I am willing to bet that if a farang got attacked on walking street  it would be, "Mai pen rai"

Edited by 2009

Bloody idiot.  I don't buy the excuse he didn't know the tradition when on Songkran is going on everywhere.  Unless he walks around with his head down all the time (not).  Just anituer brain dead hot-headed loser who potentially has ruined another person's life.  

7 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

We had American military guards at the entrance to the facility but they where not allowed in.

I could be wrong about the location and access, because I was never there, but the U.S. of A. had a work site at Chicksands RAF base and I think Brits worked there too.  

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

No.  Not all foreigners have that choice.

Would you like to tell me who are the foreigners who have been kidnapped and forced to spend their lives in Thailand?

Just curious to know as you seem to be so certain. 

18 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Yes.... if you apply for a visa that needs one. Why should you be exempt? (In your case one would expect the process to be quick and easy). It's more about people with a negative record and history of violent or criminal behaviour. 

On 4/22/2023 at 7:12 AM, NextG said:

That your posts are getting longer and longer in your desperation to convince everyone that your way is better. It appears that you cannot accept that others have a different perspective that won’t ever agree with yours. So you just post the same things again and again; thinking that you are right and we are wrong.  
Let it go, you already made you point. We aren’t going to agree. You are just trying to force your opinion. 

As are you !

The important point is that assailant appears to be a thug and deserves a custodial sentence.

• Like 1