Central Pattana Launches 190-Baht Express Bus Service Between Three Pattaya and Bangkok Malls

webfact

On 4/29/2023 at 8:58 AM, Lemsta69 said:

I live just down the road from Centralworld, this be great for me if it gets off the ground as it were. Bye bye Ekkamai!

I don't think I'm their target market though as I have no intention of spending one single cent at either Central mall ????

Go to 3 food courts. Then blog about it.

I had a look at the website but could not locate the site of the Bangkok Bus stop to start the journey. Could not see any map ?

The price on the website is quoted in US$7.29 and close to 250 baht.

Am I missing something ?

18 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

I had a look at the website but could not locate the site of the Bangkok Bus stop to start the journey. Could not see any map ?

Am I missing something ?

Yes, you are missing that the headline is misleading ????

53 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

Am I missing something ?

You have to switch to THB at the top. The start is obviously here if you do not want to start at Central Village. 

16828252259880.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Am I missing something ?

Better to use Bolt

11 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Where did you find the 190 THB?

The same place as he found the "Tour Bus" option I guess. In K. Nattakit's imagination ????

Disclaimer: as of yesterday I could only see a "Van" option. No pictures so I doubt if it's one of those fancy VIP vans that I see dropping off hi-sos at the expensive Chinese restaurant next door ????

39 minutes ago, Peabody said:
On 4/29/2023 at 7:20 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

It's all there if you try clicking on the link where it says "click here for details"!  

Where did I say that the fare is B190? 

Maybe the poster who did say that found it in the OP and the title of the thread!

Perhaps you should ask Webfact or The Pattaya News or Central....or Klook which is obviously an agency that gets commission.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Few years ago I remember reading about Bangkok- Pattaya train project plan,  anyone know what  happened to this?  For now will stick to taxis, for rare trips, but train could be interesting because of speed, if they do it right of course.

3 hours ago, Peabody said:

The 190b reference is in the lead of the OP article in this thread:

"Pattaya — Central Pattana in partnership with Klook is launching a new bus route that will operate between three major malls: Central World, Central Pattaya, and Central Village, for only 190 baht."

The Klook website where you can do a booking currently lists the price as $7.29 USD, which is closer to 250b.

47 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Klook website where you can do a booking currently lists the price as $7.29 USD, which is closer to 250b.

Is there a Thai language option that lists a Thai price? Seems odd to use USD.

18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is there a Thai language option that lists a Thai price? Seems odd to use USD.

Look here. You can switch language and currency. 

Screenshot_20230501-150657_Chrome Beta.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus

4 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

and how much extra time do you spend on the bus just getting out of central area??

I want to know how fast "express" is if it's worth using.

Just enter a sample booking and you will see everything. Normally.... it should be in Pattaya after 3 hours. 

SmartSelect_20230501-154634_KUTO Mini Browser.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dart12 said:

and how much extra time do you spend on the bus just getting out of central area??

I want to know how fast "express" is if it's worth using.

Well it won't be Express getting to Central down Beach Rd.... but sitting in AC comfort ain't so bad. 

On 5/1/2023 at 3:48 PM, Mickeymaus said:

Just enter a sample booking and you will see everything. Normally.... it should be in Pattaya after 3 hours. 

SmartSelect_20230501-154634_KUTO Mini Browser.jpg

faster just to head to one of the other bus lines then.  But I guess if you are a tourist here...