Pattaya Beach Hotels and Bars Benefited from Crew of USS Nimitz

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Their fun might have been very limited or not? 

"The general said in a memorandum to his troops that not only is prostitution banned, but that service members are not allowed to pay a fee to play darts or billiards with a local employee or to buy them a drink or souvenir in exchange for their company." 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2014/10/31/the-u-s-militarys-long-uncomfortable-history-with-prostitution-gets-new-attention/

then just pay them to leave (in the morning). Problem solved.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Glad to see our Sailors getting a break and having a good time.  Met a few of those young men and they all seemed to be having a fun time.

God, I hope they did not fall in love with any babe from Soi 6 or WS.

There were quite a few of them getting involved at the Father Ray Foundation last week...... it isn't all about pressure relief!

• Like 2

Back in my Pattaya bar hopping days when a USN ship visited, the US Navy police would go through all the bars strictly at 9pm and make sure all their navy boys were back on board, don't know if it's any different now with this visit!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Apparently they get sanctioned for that.

I believe it is called self inflicted injury and attracts consequential punishment in some cases. 

I heard this when serving in the FAA hundreds of years ago!

4 hours ago, bonobo said:

Back when I pulled into port, the command gave out condoms.  Young men are going to do what young men do, especially after being at sea for a long time and with money burning in their pockets. The theory was that you might as well try to keep everyone healthy.

Yes there was always a box of condoms near the gangway.There was usually a bulletin produced the day before entering a port of areas/districts to avoid.We used this is a reference for the taxis to take us.Thats where all the fun was.The island of Curacao had a place out of town called Camp Allegro where as an 18 yo I had fun until I ran out of money. Ah the good old days.

• Thumbs Up 1