GrabFood No.1* Food Delivery App is now available in English!

webfact

2-1.jpg

by Cita Catellya

Living in a foreign country can be a thrilling adventure, but it can also pose its fair share of challenges. One of the biggest hurdles for many expats is navigating unfamiliar dining options.

With language barriers and an overwhelming array of unfamiliar dishes, finding a satisfying meal can be a daunting task. Fortunately, in Thailand, there’s an app that stands out from the rest, making your life a little easier: GrabFood.

With its dual-language menu and extensive selection of restaurants, GrabFood has become the go-to food delivery app in Thailand. Whether you’re in Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chonburi, or Pattaya, you can have your favorite food delivered to your doorstep in no time, no matter where you are in Thailand.

GrabFood No. 1* food delivery app

Did you know that GrabFood is the most popular food delivery app in Thailand? That’s right, and GrabFood No.1* status among food delivery apps is not just a matter of opinion. According to surveys conducted by Kantar, Marketeer, and BrandAge, GrabFood is the most popular food delivery app in Thailand for 2022. In fact, the same surveys also show that GrabFood is the most often used brand in the country. And with its user-friendly app interface, fast delivery times, and exceptional customer support, it’s no surprise that GrabFood has won over the hearts of countless customers throughout the country.

GrabFood’s English menu is here; say goodbye to the language barrier!

image.jpeg

One of the biggest challenges expats might face when ordering food in Thailand is the language barrier. That’s why the availability of an English-language menu in GrabFood is a game-changer. No longer do you have to struggle with Thai-language menus, or guess what you’re ordering!

You can easily switch to the English menu on GrabFood with just a few taps on your smartphone. Here’s how:

Open the GrabFood app and tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen.
Tap on “Language” in the menu that appears.
Select “English” from the list of available languages.

That’s it! You can now browse through the app in English.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/guides/best-of/food/grabfood-no-1-food-delivery-app-is-now-available-in-english

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Are they calling the food delivery part of the Grab app the 'GrabFood app'?  No 'GrabFood app' appears in Google Play.

The usual nonsense, it seems. Unclear instructions and no 3 lines that I could find.

Just installed the FoodPanda app and at first glance it seems to have more English ... even on the restaurant food menus.

Edited by Lee65
  • Thumbs Up 2

Android phone and no 3 lines for me either, but in a couple of the images in the OP you can see an option for Menu Language.  I see that too and it appears to have defaulted to English for me so nothing to change.

Only the menus are translated though, if the restaurant name is in Thai I still have to use a translation app if I want to know it.

grab.png.350f4fcd76c8bfb6351ffd54617336b3.png

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, treetops said:

grab.png.350f4fcd76c8bfb6351ffd54617336b3.png

From where exactly did you get this image?  Is it after you've clicked on a particular restaurant?  Which restaurant is it so that we also can try it?  Is the menu language option available only for some restaurants?

50 minutes ago, treetops said:

if the restaurant name is in Thai I still have to use a translation app if I want to know it.

Which "translation app" works for you?  Google translate does not work, apparently as the text in the Grab food app is actually images. (?)

3 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

From where exactly did you get this image?  Is it after you've clicked on a particular restaurant?  Which restaurant is it so that we also can try it?  Is the menu language option available only for some restaurants?

Yes, after clicking on a particular restaurant.  I tried a few and they all had it but just tried a few more and it appears not all do.  Pizza Hut has it but Domino's doesn't for example.

3 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

Which "translation app" works for you?  Google translate does not work, apparently as the text in the Grab food app is actually images. (?)

I use Tap Translate  Screen.  It's fiddly to select the text to start with but you soon get the hang of it.

1461395805_taptotranslate.png.833154da5114e14102babca08d6a3347.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Whether you’re in Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chonburi, or Pattaya, you can have your favorite food delivered to your doorstep in no time, no matter where you are in Thailand.

Someone explain please. Does it mean they will deliver to Nong Pradu near Pan Sao?

Or does it mean that I can ORDER from anywhere, to be delivered in the places mentioned, even though they are a few hour's drive away?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Lee65 said:

Just installed the FoodPanda app and at first glance it seems to have more English ... even on the restaurant food menus.

Been exploring FoodPanda.  It's ALL in perfectly legible English!  What a pleasure!

The clumsy GrabFood has just been relegated to a distant 2nd choice ...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

Been exploring FoodPanda.  It's ALL in perfectly legible English!  What a pleasure!

But it's really not that black and white because the apps carry different restaurants. Lots of overlap of course, but also many that are just on one.

If you're really into food (as I am) you don't limit yourself to one app. 

I am also on Lineman basically because it's the only (non-Chinese) app that has one of my favorite restaurants. 

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, spongeworthy said:

The translation feature in Grab is welcome but definitely needs some work. If the menu is already in English, it still attempts to translate it to English resulting in gibberish. You then have to go back through the options to change the menu back to Thai, in order to read the menu's native English. ????‍♂️

That's a bug not a feature!

• Haha 1

I've watched Grab become so expensive to almost unaffordable/not worth it status.

Not only the food but travel too.

Apparently restaurants have to give 20-40% of the total sales price to Grab as commission.

Food Now and Food Panda are my go to's at the moment.

Edited by QPRFC
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Someone explain please. Does it mean they will deliver to Nong Pradu near Pan Sao?

Or does it mean that I can ORDER from anywhere, to be delivered in the places mentioned, even though they are a few hour's drive away?

What's to be CONFUSED with my question?

1 hour ago, Lee65 said:

Up to you but foodpanda doesn't have Priority Delivery so your pizza will be cold by the time you get it ????

3 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

None of these services make change. Better make sure you have correct change or are willing to give a big tip.

Use card, get 20 baht discount on delively fee. Simples.

15 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

None of these services make change. Better make sure you have correct change or are willing to give a big tip.

This is 100% right......If you dont have the correct change then Do Not Order...

Problem with Grab is that food deliveries are subject to the  whim of the drivers with no guarantee of getting  your selection. Rain, distance,  multiple deliveries, holidays, value of order, festivals and many other distractions  get in the way making for a lottery on whether  you will actually  eat! Even reordering 3or4 times doesn't always work! And Thais get very ratty if their food isn't delivered  immediately!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 4:43 PM, Jingthing said:

But it's really not that black and white because the apps carry different restaurants. Lots of overlap of course, but also many that are just on one.

If you're really into food (as I am) you don't limit yourself to one app. 

Ok, as a very late adopter I'm getting up to speed.  I see that even the menu items available at a particular restaurant may vary between apps ... :wacko:

I've also found that for GrabFood on a laptop browser the restaurant menu items are text (rather than the images in the phone app) so they are more readily translated.  Laptop shopping seems much easier.

And what's the deal with GrabPay?  Linking GrabPay to a bank card sounds like it may be a security concern.  But there are discounts for doing so ...

I'm a dinosaur and if I want restaurant food I go out to the restaurant. I don't have to fiddle around/fight with an app and hope the food arrives as ordered (when it doesn't in a restaurant it's easy to correct it - try doing that with a driver). I also know it will be hot, and if it isn't then see above. Sometimes, it's good being old. Makes life simple and easy instead of gambling with new world stuff.

Like having to use a screen to order in McDonalds as I've done at DM airport in Bangkok. Takes 20 times longer than it used to by just going to the counter and saying what you want. Jeez. That's progress?