Man Dies After Being Stabbed at His Own Grocery Store in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket – A local shop owner has passed away after he was stabbed at his own grocery in Phuket Town following a suspected dispute with a former customer.

The Phuket City Police was notified of the incident at 1:30 A.M. on Saturday (May 6th) at a local Thai grocery on Sri Saena Road in Talad Yai sub-district.

Emergency responders and the Phuket Express arrived at the scene to find blood on the floor in front of the grocery. The injured party, who was the grocery store owner, Mr. Wanchai Butdee, 35, was taken to a nearby hospital where he was later sadly pronounced deceased.

Witnesses told Phuket City police that a man and a woman in a pickup truck stopped in front of the grocery. 

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/05/06/man-dies-after-being-stabbed-at-his-own-grocery-store-in-phuket/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-05-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

I wonder what the number of homicides are this year so far, compared to previous years. Seems like there are a lot more than I remember, based on the number of stories we see here and in the local press. Lots of gun violence, many stabbings and now poisonings.

I think the government, such as it is, has a lot of work to do to reverse the tide. It seems especially easy to obtain guns via social media ads and probably even easier via the usual criminal networks.

A girl I know was the side victim of a shooting murder up country. Miraculously, despite being shot in the face, she survived after much surgery and recovery. 

• Like 2

Thai police have recently introduced a time saving form for doing paperwork on all Thai on Thai murders.

Previously the attending plods would have to investigate and type out a long report including suggested motive for the killing.

The new form can be completed in less than two minutes by just checking the appropriate boxes.

In the new form under the heading "Likely Motive" there are just three check boxes to chose from:

• Money
  • Love
  • Face
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I wonder what the number of homicides are this year so far, compared to previous years. Seems like there are a lot more than I remember, based on the number of stories we see here and in the local press. Lots of gun violence, many stabbings and now poisonings.

I think the government, such as it is, has a lot of work to do to reverse the tide. It seems especially easy to obtain guns via social media ads and probably even easier via the usual criminal networks.

A girl I know was the side victim of a shooting murder up country. Miraculously, despite being shot in the face, she survived after much surgery and recovery. 

I agree with you, especially about the guns, it looks like you can buy them on every corner of the street.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Phuket City Police was notified of the incident at 1:30 A.M. on Saturday (May 6th) at a local Thai grocery on Sri Saena Road in Talad Yai sub-district.

From the link:

Police later discovered that on May 2nd the same man and the woman were drinking alcohol at the grocery store and were asked to leave by Wanchai.

This led to a confrontation and stare-down between the suspects and a verbal altercation but the suspects eventually left the grocery store.

Witnesses told Phuket City police that a man and a woman in a pickup truck stopped in front of the grocery. The man went straight to Mr. Wanchai without a discussion before stabbing and slashed him in his neck and head.

So the grocery store doubles as a drinking venue with licenses to operate as a bar?