Bangkok bank letter Bangkok Branch in Jomtien?

Last time I did my OA in the US, will try Jomtien this week. I have a friend that has done it to help.

Arrived May 3rd on 30 day. I made a deposit into my Bangkok Bank account on March 17th bringing it over 800K.

My branch is in Bangkok, will I be able to get a letter at Pattaya branch? I usually go to Soi 6 branch. 

I am not against paying an agent.

1 hour ago, mitebbots said:

My branch is in Bangkok, will I be able to get a letter at Pattaya branch? I usually go to Soi 6 branch. 

You can obtain an account confirmation letter at any Bangkok Bank branch and not just at the one at which your account was opened. Can vouch for this on the basis of personal experience.

That, I think, is the easy part. However, assuming that you are, indeed, talking about a non-O conversion for retirement, it strikes me that the major difficulty with which you're going to be faced is in proving the foreign origin of both your deposit on 17 March and of all previous deposits which all together make up a total balance of 800k, as required by Immigration:-

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

In these circumstances, it strikes me that you probably have little choice in practice other than to enlist the services of an agent.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thumbs Up 1

It looks like you arrived in Thailand VisaExempt on May 3rd and now want to apply for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa at the Jomtien Imm Office, as the address where you are residing is in that province.

The application needs to be done when you still have at least 15 days left on the Permit to stay your received on entry by Thai border-immigration (expiry date of your Permit to stay should be June 2nd), so you would need to do it ultimately May 18th.

The financial requirement to be met for such 90-day Non Imm O Visa application for reason of retirement, is that you can provide evidence of +800.000 THB on a personal Thai bank-account at the moment of application (hence the need for a Bank Statement). 

However, the (potential) problem you could be confronted with is that you also need to provide evidence of the foreign origins of those 800K being transferred to your personal Thai bank-account.

Note that that foreign origins requirement, might be waived when you can prove that the funds have been already long time seasoned on your personal Thai bank-account.

But in case you cannot provide evidence of the foreign origins of the funds, or them being already long time seasoned on your bank-account, you would be forced to transfer 800K from your US bank-account to your Thai bank-account to meet that requirement.  

Alternatively you could also make use of a 'fixer' Visa Agent that can help you circumvent the financial requirement. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OJAS said:

...it strikes me that the major difficulty with which you're going to be faced is in proving the foreign origin of both your deposit on 17 March and of all previous deposits which all together make up a total balance of 800k, as required by Immigration:

Isn't that the purpose of the Bangkok Bank letter he is asking about?

• Like 1

all my transfers were wire from Schwab and are listed as International Transfers when I login to Bangkok Bank. 

Will not be 2 months with 800k until about the 17th. Could I also just get a 30 day extension if this gets complicated? 

If It gets too hard I'll just pay an agent. 

28 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

all my transfers were wire from Schwab and are listed as International Transfers when I login to Bangkok Bank. 

Will not be 2 months with 800k until about the 17th. Could I also just get a 30 day extension if this gets complicated? 

When you apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, there is no need to have the 800K seasoned for 2 months on your personal Thai bank-account, 

The funds only need to be there at the MOMENT OF APPLICATION for that 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  And from what you wrote you can provide evidence that these funds originated from abroad, so you will fully meet the financial requirement.

The 2 months seasoning of those funds are only required, when you apply for your first 1-year extension of stay based on that 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  So it is just a matter of keeping the 800K on your personal Thai bank-account from the moment you applied for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, and then they will automatically be seasoned for at least 2 months when you apply for that 1-year extension in the last month of those 90 days.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Isn't that the purpose of the Bangkok Bank letter he is asking about?

No. The usual bank simply confirms sole owner of the account/type of and balance.

An official proof for foreign transfer is called a foreign exchange transaction form (FET).

If the bankbook entry clearly shows a foreign deposit the necessity might be voided.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

That, I think, is the easy part. However, assuming that you are, indeed, talking about a non-O conversion for retirement, it strikes me that the major difficulty with which you're going to be faced is in proving the foreign origin of both your deposit on 17 March and of all previous deposits which all together make up a total balance of 800k, as required by Immigration:-

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

You are correct to point this out as a potential issue. However, when Immigration can see clear evidence that this is your money that has been in the account for some time, most offices will waive the proof that the money came from abroad. What Immigration is trying to avoid is the person who overcomes the financial requirement with a 24-hour loan.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No. The usual bank simply confirms sole owner of the account/type of and balance.

An official proof for foreign transfer is called a foreign exchange transaction form (FET).

If the bankbook entry clearly shows a foreign deposit the necessity might be voided.

Some of my passbook entries say FTT, when I updated some printed over so hard to read some of the deposits. 

Is there anything I can do here at Bangkok Bank in Bangkok in advance or is at all just useless if a couple days old?  

Edited by mitebbots

4 hours ago, mitebbots said:

In that case you should be OK. There is no 2-month seasoning requirement for the 800k in the case of non-O visa conversions (as opposed to annual extensions of stay) for retirement.

44 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

Some of my passbook entries say FTT, when I updated some printed over so hard to read some of the deposits. 

Is there anything I can do here at Bangkok Bank in Bangkok in advance or is at all just useless if a couple days old?  

Suggest that you obtain a statement from them itemising the overprinted transactions in your passbook. If these only date back 6 months they should be able to issue a statement on the spot. If any longer, however, they will need to obtain the statement from their Head Office, which could take several days. In this connection please don't forget that the deadline for submitting a non-O visa conversion application to Immigration will, in your case, expire on 18 May, as stated by @Red Phoenix above.

Edited by OJAS
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

In that case you should be OK. There is no 2-month seasoning requirement for the 800k in the case of non-O visa conversions (as opposed to annual extensions of stay) for retirement.

Suggest that you obtain a statement from them itemising the overprinted transactions in your passbook. If these only date back 6 months they should be able to issue a statement on the spot. If any longer, however, they will need to obtain the statement from their Head Office, which could take several days. In this connection please don't forget that the deadline for submitting a non-O visa conversion application to Immigration will, in your case, expire on 18 May, as stated by @Red Phoenix above.

The transfers are within the last 6 months. Bangkok bank just closed here at 4pm. I wonder if I should get that statement here in Bangkok, from my actual branch before heading down? Thank you everyone for the help

15 hours ago, mitebbots said:

The transfers are within the last 6 months. Bangkok bank just closed here at 4pm. I wonder if I should get that statement here in Bangkok, from my actual branch before heading down? Thank you everyone for the help

Better to obtain it sooner rather than later IMHO.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 11:18 AM, Red Phoenix said:

When you apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, there is no need to have the 800K seasoned for 2 months on your personal Thai bank-account, 

The funds only need to be there at the MOMENT OF APPLICATION for that 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  And from what you wrote you can provide evidence that these funds originated from abroad, so you will fully meet the financial requirement.

The 2 months seasoning of those funds are only required, when you apply for your first 1-year extension of stay based on that 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  So it is just a matter of keeping the 800K on your personal Thai bank-account from the moment you applied for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, and then they will automatically be seasoned for at least 2 months when you apply for that 1-year extension in the last month of those 90 days.

Just left Jomtien Immigration, they would not let me apply for 90 day since my 800K deposit was March 17th. I arrived on May 3rd and have 2-day window May 17th or 18th to apply. So the money does need to be seasoned 2 months to apply for 90 day O

24 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

Just left Jomtien Immigration, they would not let me apply for 90 day since my 800K deposit was March 17th. I arrived on May 3rd and have 2-day window May 17th or 18th to apply. So the money does need to be seasoned 2 months to apply for 90 day O

Seems like the Jomtien Immigration Maffia is striking again, or are they totally incompetent at that office?

The 800K funds ONLY need to be on your personal Thai bank-account at the moment of application for your 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  And you also need to provide evidence of the foreign origin of those funds, but that seasoning requirement can be waived when the funds have already been long-time on your bank-account.

Note: Or are you actually applying for the first time for a 1-year extension of your Non Imm O or O-A Visa which you acquired abroad?  In that case the funds indeed need to be seasoned for at least 2 months before the date of application.

How did you enter Thailand?  If it was on a Tourist Visa or VisaExempt, you would be applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  But if you entered on a Non Imm O or O-A Visa, you would then be applying for the 1-year extension of the Permit to stay that Visa-entry provided you.

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

Yeah Jomtien well known now for having their own 2 month rule for the 800k on a non-imm O, even though regulation says day of application (2 months is for the 12 month extension)

It's to push everyone down the agent route. I have same problem so went to well known agent on soi 13/2, they actually said I needed baht in bank for 3 months to apply. However if I pay 25k no problem can do now for non-imm O and the 12 month extension at same time (it was 23k if baht in bank for 3 months)

Your entry stamp should be 1 June so you would need to apply 15 days before, which is 17 May the same day your March 17 funds would reach 2 months, pretty tight (you could do a 30 day extension)

Another option to avoid agent is Vientiane and Ho Chi Minh are good for non-imm O which just need the Thai bank letter saying funds in bank instead of the stupid Jomtien made up 2 month rule

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Seems like the Jomtien Immigration Maffia is striking again, or are they totally incompetent at that office?

The reason I call them the Immigration Maffia, is that a friend of mine experienced  the same this week.  After having re-entered Thailand Visa Exempt he applied at the Jomtien Imm Office during the last 2 days of his application window for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.  

The female Imm Officer told him to apply for a 30-day extension first.  As there was no reason to do so (he was still within the application window), he insisted on doing the application for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement. 

The officer then told him that he could not do so as the +800K on his personal Thai bank-account had to be seasoned for two months in order to apply for that Non Imm O Visa. 

Flabbergasted and confused he left that hell-hole.  And returned next day with his Thai girlfriend, who did speak with the Imm officers.  End of story was that he then was allowed to apply for that 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, but he had to pay a fine of 5.000,- THB. 

A fine for insisting to be provided with a service you are entitled to?

It is time that Big Joke will come to Chonburi (as the SriRacha Imm office is same or worse), and clean out that corrupt Augias stable!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

End of story was that he then was allowed to apply for that 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, but he had to pay a fine of 5.000,- THB. A fine for insisting to be provided with a service you are entitled to?

We all know where the 5000 baht went but what was the formal reason given for the fine as he was in full compliance with all regs?

Edited by Pattaya57

The dragon lady at Jomtien pulls the "2 months funds in bank for non O"

Has been reported previously.

For the married guys it can be overcome by applying for 60 day extension "to visit wife". Inconvenient.

For the unmarried guys it's very messy.

One option (radical) is to do a TM30 to a "normal" office such as CW. 

Obviously using an agent easy option and Pattaya has several..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

We all know where the 5000 baht went but what was the formal reason given for the fine as he was in full compliance with all regs?

Your guess is as good as mine.  There was NO reason to fine him, as he was in full compliance with all requirements, but he committed the Crime of insisting to be provided with the service he was entitled to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

The dragon lady at Jomtien pulls the "2 months funds in bank for non O"

Has been reported previously.

For the married guys it can be overcome by applying for 60 day extension "to visit wife". Inconvenient.

For the unmarried guys it's very messy.

One option (radical) is to do a TM30 to a "normal" office such as CW. 

Obviously using an agent easy option and Pattaya has several..

So corruption at its worst. 

Big Joke should take up the role of Dragonslayer !

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2023 at 9:54 AM, OJAS said:

You can obtain an account confirmation letter at any Bangkok Bank branch

May be different than account confirmation… Last year I needed 12 month statement from

BKK Bank and the branch ( Kumphawapi) could only give 6 months .. 12 from headquarters took

about two weeks… hopefully that’s changed.

19 hours ago, DJ54 said:

May be different than account confirmation… Last year I needed 12 month statement from

BKK Bank and the branch ( Kumphawapi) could only give 6 months .. 12 from headquarters took

about two weeks… hopefully that’s changed.

Unfortunately only a limited number of Bangkok branches are able to provide you with a 12-month Bank Transactions Statement on the spot.  This because after 6 months the majority of Bangkok Bank branches do not have direct access any more to the transactions made before those 6-months. And so they have to order it a Headquarters, which can take up to 5 working days before the statement is available for picking it up at your local branche. 

This means that in case your local Imm Office requires such a 12-month Bank Transactions statement when you apply for your 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, that you need to order that Transactions statement well in advance.  Easiest would be to pick it up at the day of your application prior to going to Immigration and at same time doing a small transaction on your personal bank-account so that your Bank Pass-book is updated and requesting the Bank to provide you with a Bank-Account statement showing that the account is yours as well as the (same day) updated Bank-balance.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2023 at 7:42 AM, mitebbots said:

I asked about the same question in my local BBL Branch yesterday, and they said "you can get the letter or 3 or 6 month statements at any branch the same day, only difference is the 1 year statement which will take 7 days as it has to come from Head Quarters"

Edited by MJCM
Added: some words

They turned me down last week, told me to come back the 17th. I went back and closed holiday. went back today 18th with fresh Bangkok Bank documents and she said I needed landlord book. I have the lease agreement and copy of her ID, that wasn't good enough. 

I had a copy of her book but not the page with her name I guess from what my friend is saying..

I will apply for an extension today at 1pm since my stamp is June 1st. 

How many days do I need to apply for the extension on my 30-day arrival visa? June 1st is the stamp. 

Edited by mitebbots

37 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

I will apply for an extension today at 1pm since my stamp is June 1st. 

How many days do I need to apply for the extension on my 30-day arrival visa? June 1st is the stamp. 

The TM7 extension for visa exempt will give you 30 days from current 1 June stamp (so July 1st)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

Does that need to be done today 15 days before June 1st or can I do that later?

You can apply any day on or before your 1 June stamp. I usually go the week before my stamp date

Edited by Pattaya57