Thaksin Tweets He Wants to Return to Thailand by July

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't think so. The greatest threat to the nation, is currently the PM, of the nation, and his toxic party. May that threat be gone soon. 

That may be on it's way very soon.

Though, it might take a while to thoroughly cleanse that sorted class. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Of course he does. He might be popular but he is still a convicted criminal and so is his sister.

Convicted by whom...............a military junta?

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Which cases are they?

tons of cases were at court when he run..including human rights for the war on drugs, abuse of power, corrupt. Some people disappearing he got blamed for, I am not sure if that went to court but sure they dig it out if he come back. I don't know which might have expired.
The war on drugs is the easiest to restart I think

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, h90 said:

tons of cases were at court when he run..including human rights for the war on drugs, abuse of power, corrupt. Some people disappearing he got blamed for, I am not sure if that went to court but sure they dig it out if he come back. I don't know which might have expired.
The war on drugs is the easiest to restart I think

Not a single charge has ever been filed against Thaksin for the war on drugs. Not one. You sure do get an awful lot wrong in your bizarre crusade against Thai democracy.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

He did more good for Thailand than the last lot have done.

He did a lot of good for the country and its people, but he was better for himself.. Probably if he just paid taxes for the Thaicom satelite there were no problems, but he got to powerful and had to leave... Bring him back is bringing back the problems too and the military will not accept that. A reason why they don't like the Pheu Thai party as they are constantly influenced by Thaksin and his family to bring him back. Indeed the coupmakers should be punished a law must be made as soon as possible to prevent new coups...But Thaksin please let him stay away 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

He did a lot of good for the country and its people, but he was better for himself.. Probably if he just paid taxes for the Thaicom satelite there were no problems, but he got to powerful and had to leave... Bring him back is bringing back the problems too and the military will not accept that. A reason why they don't like the Pheu Thai party as they are constantly influenced by Thaksin and his family to bring him back. Indeed the coupmakers should be punished a law must be made as soon as possible to prevent new coups...But Thaksin please let him stay away 

The military don’t like Thaksin (or Thanathorn) because under elected leaders the military’s extra curricular activities get wound back.

Thaksin would be a far far richer man today if he had never entered politics.

Let the Thai people decide who they want running their country.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

you like Thaksin ,  that's fine ... but he's a wanted criminal in Thailand.  Not silly .... your the silly one for not realizing that ...   hahaha

He is actually not wanted back in the country by those whom you believe (falsely) would put him in prison.

He was, and remains, too much of a  "hot potato".

A potato that will be likely much hotter when he returns to a country in which the election results are in the process of being stolen and trampled by a bunch of ex coup makers and their sponsors......themselves considered as criminals by as many as those, including your woefully unsophisticated, naieve, partisan self, who consider them to be "saviours".

Thailand a very different place to when he left, not the least of those differences being the collapse in legitimacy of a certain........well, lets just say that what used to be the coup makers Ace is now seen to be something of a Joker.

So The Wanderer plans to come back knowing full well that they will not move against him and against the wishes of the electorate, which will have been solidly expressed in the forthcoming election.

Or will they try it.........waving their Joker at the population?

Thank **** I have absolutely zero investment in the future of that sorry place, and don't feel that I have to be there.

Unlike you......????

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Enoon said:

He is actually not wanted back in the country by those whom you believe (falsely) would put him in prison.

He was, and remains, too much of a  "hot potato".

A potato that will be likely much hotter when he returns to a country in which the election results are in the process of being stolen and trampled by a bunch of ex coup makers and their sponsors......themselves considered as criminals by as many as those, including your woefully unsophisticated, naieve, partisan self, who consider them to be "saviours".

Thailand a very different place to when he left, not the least of those differences being the collapse in legitimacy of a certain........well, lets just say that what used to be the coup makers Ace is now seen to be something of a Joker.

So The Wanderer plans to come back knowing full well that they will not move against him and against the wishes of the electorate, which will have been solidly expressed in the forthcoming election.

Or will they try it.........waving their Joker at the population?

Thank **** I have absolutely zero investment in the future of that sorry place, and don't feel that I have to be there.

Unlike you......????

hmmm ...

Edited by steven100

The amount of bickering going on here makes will he won't he a moot point if you aren't Thai.

If Prayut is elected again then it isn't worth the breath. 

Edited by Purdey
typo

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't think so. The greatest threat to the nation, is currently the PM, of the nation, and his toxic party. May that threat be gone soon. 

The greatest threat to the nation is far away from anything that’s about to happen in the next couple of weeks and his name doesn’t start with T.

Edited by harada
  • Haha 1