Kerry Express reliable?

jil

I'd probably use one of the big players for a passport if sending international - tracked and with someone to call if its goes wrong - they usually have an affiliate in the big shopping and supermarket malls - e.g. there's one at Tesco OnNut that works with DHL / Fedex, can't remember which one exactly. 

DHL and Fedex didnt used to allow passports to be sent, not sure now, so you just tell them it's documents, they wont open it, brown envelope it before it goes in the document envelop.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah ^^^, EMS is reliable, tracked and cheap.

I've never had any real issues with Kerry, but 99% of my "sent" items are Lazada returns.

Our preferred Delivery is Kerry, as they are the only ones (in our area) that call before arriving and 80%+ the delivery is even earlier then the Lazada tracking page.

Edit: Never ever send a passport with any of the carriers.. But that said, Wifey has sent her Bluebook (Tabien Baan) to her Daughter in BKK a couple of times but not with a Delivery Service like Kerry, but with the Parcel Service of NCA (Nakornchaiair bus company) and never an issue

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

Kerry has an outstading track record delivering packages of 'Dread Bread, Strawberry Gorilla & Woodinville Wafflestomper' to my condo. I do live in the suburbs though.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

DHL, UPS, Fedex they have long history of reliable tracking and delivery.

Fedex are great (but expensive) but never used them for Local (within Thailand) deliveries only for stuff from abroad.

• Like 1

It depends on the area. In Pattaya the service really has gone down the drain. We only now use Flash, they have small offices and the service is really helpful. For a passport as recommended Thai Post Office EMS is the best option.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah ^^^, EMS is reliable, tracked and cheap.

All of that but someone in my main post office has a love of bank cards sent EMS. 

Never any problem with Flash Express.

Also Kerry is good for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kerry seems to vary by location. Where I an they are good -- for parcels. I would definitely not entrust a passport to them or any other such service.

DHL, FedEx or Thai Post EMS. 

12 hours ago, Muhendis said:

All of that but someone in my main post office has a love of bank cards sent EMS. 

+1

My Accountant in Europe send me a couple of weeks ago a device via EMS to be able to get access to one of my Bank accounts, the device looks like a calculator but it is worthless because it needs your ATM card and your PIN.  I am still waiting for it, it already arrived in Thailand but after that it's lost.

I have now requested a new device but this time it will be send via Fedex.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, MJCM said:

+1

My Accountant in Europe send me a couple of weeks ago a device via EMS to be able to get access to one of my Bank accounts, the device looks like a calculator but it is worthless because it needs your ATM card and your PIN.  I am still waiting for it, it already arrived in Thailand but after that it's lost.

I have now requested a new device but this time it will be send via Fedex.

I also never received my security number generator. I was told, by my bank, that Thailand is considered to be a low risk postal service country. 

My replacement number generator turned up a week later via DHL.

I now use a mobile phone app. from my bank for security number generation.

• Like 1