Va Mgib Info

ATR

I'm looking for information regarding using MGIB in Thailand, specifically Chiang Mai area universities. I've done my homework online and have not been able to find much useful information specific to this topic. Any advice in this area, as well as difficulties encountered, reccomended procedures,points of contact, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

What is it?

Montgomery GI Bill education assistance.

I have heard that Payap is the only qualified university in Chiang Mai but the VA should be able to inform you more accurately. Why not check with them?

What is it?

I have heard that Payap is the only qualified university in Chiang Mai but the VA should be able to inform you more accurately. Why not check with them?

I've contacted VA via email in regards to authorized programs. There is a 5-10 day wait time for response. In the meantime, I'm putting feelers out to see if I can get some advice from people who have done the GI Bill thing in Chiang Mai. Lessons learned, reccomendations, etc.... Thanks for the help Dustoff.

What is it?

I've contacted VA via email in regards to authorized programs. There is a 5-10 day wait time for response. In the meantime, I'm putting feelers out to see if I can get some advice from people who have done the GI Bill thing in Chiang Mai. Lessons learned, reccomendations, etc.... Thanks for the help Dustoff.

I checked into a bit myself, though I am using MGIB for an online program instead.

I know that Payap is qualified, but only for some degree programs. The point of contact there is a guy named Sam, American, former Navy. I'll PM you his email address. You can also drop by the international MBA office there at Payap and see him.

If the degree program you want is already qualified, you just need to follow regular VA procedures for the MGIB. If the program isn't, Sam will apply with the VA to get it qualified.

As for other places... I'm sure it can be done, if the university is accredited somehow. You have to find somebody at the school who is willing to be the administrator of the program, which may be tough to do.

Good luck. If you run into any roadblocks or need some more specific info, I'll be glad to try and help.

What is it?

I checked into a bit myself, though I am using MGIB for an online program instead.

I know that Payap is qualified, but only for some degree programs. The point of contact there is a guy named Sam, American, former Navy. I'll PM you his email address. You can also drop by the international MBA office there at Payap and see him.

If the degree program you want is already qualified, you just need to follow regular VA procedures for the MGIB. If the program isn't, Sam will apply with the VA to get it qualified.

As for other places... I'm sure it can be done, if the university is accredited somehow. You have to find somebody at the school who is willing to be the administrator of the program, which may be tough to do.

Good luck. If you run into any roadblocks or need some more specific info, I'll be glad to try and help.

Got it. Thanks.