Covid-19 Guidelines Provided to Schools

webfact

Once again I forgot to source a worldometer graph. So I'll give it another go. Lets start with sourcing the graph .

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/thailand/

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This is due to the remarkable increase of COVID-19 infected cases

So yes there is an increase but it's certainly not remarkable. 

The Prime Minister also urged the parents to take their children to receive a booster dose of vaccine.

Interesting that countries like the UK and Australia are not recommending this course of action. Unfortunately I cannot say more about this as it is still a Taboo subject.

screening procedure

By this I'm guessing it will be the useless temp. monitors for fevers which is one of the lesser symptoms of Omicron. Will schools be "screening" for these more common symptoms? Interestingly mask wearing is not mentioned.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/omicron-symptoms-covid-what-to-know-rcna9469

https://joinzoe.com/learn/omicron-symptoms

• Sore throat
  • Hoarse voice
  • Cough
  • Fatigue
  • Nasal congestion
  • Runny nose
  • Headache
  • Muscle aches 
  • Sneezing

Screenshot (1120).png

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, sungod said:

And life carries on as normal at the international schools.......

Very true. International Schools have not been on holidays (apart from 2 weeks Easter/Songkran) and there have not been any covid measures at them for months. All seems well, at least at my daughters one and others in Phuket.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even most of the staff in shops are not wearing masks now, most of the Thais are wearing masks now because of the air pollution.

I don’t want my son to be wearing one all day but unfortunately I have to abide by the school rules, his mask didn’t stop him having fever not Covid last term.

39 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I don’t want my son to be wearing one all day but unfortunately I have to abide by the school rules, his mask didn’t stop him having fever not Covid last term.

Is his school still mandating mask wearing ?

Ours stopped that last year.

1 minute ago, huangnon said:

Is his school still mandating mask wearing ?

Ours stopped that last year.

Up until the last day of term in March they were still wearing masks, I assume when he goes back on Monday because of the government’s recommendations they will be wearing them again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Does this win votes for the election?

The loving father of the nation cares about the children :cheesy:

When I look around here, everyone alone on the sidewalk with mask on, this might indeed win elections...throw in some needles and victory is guaranteed

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Partenavia said:

Covid is being used as an excuse for control.

But Thailand is handling it much more relaxed than Europe did...on the other hand the don't want to stop it...Recently I have seen a triple masked one...not a year ago...a week ago

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister also urged the parents to take their children to receive a booster dose of vaccine.

Strange. My wife recently told me that the next round of vaccination, due next month has been cancelled. Mixed messages again.

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Strange. My wife recently told me that the next round of vaccination, due next month has been cancelled. Mixed messages again.

And in many other countries they don't vaccinate children against covid anymore. I think Denmark over 50 only if otherwise healthy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

My daughter will most definetely NOT be getting another jab. Complete nonsence. She's a healthy 13 year old. And please none of this but your daughter might get Covid at school and take it home with her. Yes, this is true but getting jabbed will not prevent this as this novel vaccine does not stop the spread of the virus.

Let us know if she goes down with Covid, won't you......????

9 minutes ago, h90 said:
14 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

10 minutes ago, h90 said:

And in many other countries they don't vaccinate children against covid anymore. I think Denmark over 50 only if otherwise healthy

It wasn't just vaccinations for children that were cancelled. It was vaccinations for everyone, including the old and vulnerable. Aren't they the ones that we're supposed to be protecting?

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

It wasn't just vaccinations for children that were cancelled. It was vaccinations for everyone, including the old and vulnerable. Aren't they the ones that we're supposed to be protecting?

Ah I misread your posting....I somehow imagined that the vaccinations for the kids was cancelled. .... which indeed is odd...if the government says the vaccine does not work well with this strain than it would be logic but calling everyone to be boosted and cancel it on the other side is strange. I agree

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Thailand is thinking about its children......????

I guess the UK is too. That's why they stopped recommending jabs for them. Maybe they are wrong. Maybe the science in Thailand is better.

• Like 1

Just now, dinsdale said:

If she get's Covid I am in no way concerned. Why should I be. Who knows she might get it and doesn't even know. Maybe no symptoms, maybe a runny nose, maybe a bit sick for a couple of days but she'll be fine. Like pretty much the rest of the 8,000,000,000 people in the world. 

Let us know if she goes down with Covid, won't you......????

• Confused 3

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How is it being used to control the people in Thailand.  The Government is keeping certain procedures in place to ensure safety for not only the spread of COVID-19 but other respiratory diseases, such as influenza. Why is it so hard to understand that safety for our children is always important when it comes to diseases.

Well in that case lets keep the kids masked up-ed until the end of time....To keep them safe you know...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2