Thailand’s experiment with weed goes up in smoke

snoop1130

15 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

And what happens to all the Thais that spent money creating shops etc?

They probly expected it and they would have made a lot of bhat already.

I would say it will end up being be more controlled as what should have been done in the first place or back to being a banned substance and to the BKK Hilton if you have it

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

And what happens to all the Thais that spent money creating shops etc?

You mean the Chinese and Russian Cash Laundrys, no way are the selling that amount of weed in respect to the number of shops all over the place, never see many customers inside, back to opening 7/11s I guess.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

The alcohol ban is only for 2 days, so not a huge problem the weed ban could be forever?

No it's not. It's for 24 hrs. 6 pm today (Sat) - 6 pm tomorrow (Sun). As for weed it will always be around it will just be an offence. The BIB must be very happy about this as they can start clawing back lost revenue.

• Thumbs Up 2

In one particular road I know of at least 5 shops that sell weed they are that close to each other it talke less than a minute to go from one shop to another I think it will be very difficult for a newly formed Government to put a stop to it and it will destroy 1,000s of jobs as well as the economy. I don’t do drugs so it won’t effect my life . 

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

No it's not. It's for 24 hrs. 6 pm today (Sat) - 6 pm tomorrow (Sun). As for weed it will always be around it will just be an offence. The BIB must be very happy about this as they can start clawing back lost revenue.

Yes i realize its not ''actually" 2 days, but my point was its not a problem for the alcohol, the weed being possibly illegal again ad infinitum, will be, for some? The BIB will be rubbing their hands together!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, WHansen said:

It will be an expensive lesson learned in trying to beat the competition and jumping on the band wagon before policies have been set in stone.

It was always going to be a gamble, some may lose the bet.

Some may have already recouped their investment..............others will have a supply & customer network in place and trading will continue.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shackleton said:

When it was announced that the government would make it  legal

To have cannabis and Marijuana available to sell 

The first thought was money ???? and tourism coming to Thailand to try it out ????

Now they are thinking of reversing the decision 

I think a few people will be thinking what's going on with policy decisions 

Being decided by Government in the future does not bode well ????

Someone once told me when I heard my house (without title) might be knocked down by the army after the tsunami ''Inertia rules in Thailand''. after 25 years living here, it is so true.

• Like 1

i kinda liked it for the general freedom of choosing ..if i wanted i could make that choice as an adult..

petty if the choice is taken and regulated by the gov...especially when its weed ..soooooo dangerous :)

• Thumbs Up 2