Pita Looks To Becoming PM For Two Straight Terms

webfact

All the best to him, but...................

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/move-forward-party-leaders-political-future-uncertain/

Move Forward party leader’s political future uncertain

According to the election law, the Election Commission can seek a ruling from the Supreme Court if it finds, before the election, that a candidate is not qualified. The commission can also conduct an investigation into the complaint after the election or before the election results are officially announced.

• Haha 2

The energy created by Pita and MFP is awe inspiring for the youth voters. He certainly has the qualifications and support to be the Prime Minister but realistically this election is not his time.

The Gen X & Y that give him massive support are not enough to give his party the House majority. Both only constitute about 25% of voters. Perhaps the next election when his support base widen that his party stand a better chance to snatch the House majority.

The conservative senators will unlikely to give him the votes. These appointed senators will leave next year when their terms expire and very likely the constitution will be amended for elected senators. Perhaps next election, Pita will stand a  better chance. 

MFP has campaigned on a progressive platform and may scare some of the mature voters which are the majority. I think they vote for centrist parties.

Personally I think PTP will definitely win a majority and K Sreetha will be nominated and be the Prime Minister. He will get some support from the appointed senators.

As a member of the business community in Thailand,  I feel he is the best suited Prime Minister candidate to get Thailand back on the economic track. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The energy created by Pita and MFP is awe inspiring for the youth voters. He certainly has the qualifications and support to be the Prime Minister but realistically this election is not his time.

The Gen X & Y that give him massive support are not enough to give his party the House majority. Both only constitute about 25% of voters. Perhaps the next election when his support base widen that his party stand a better chance to snatch the House majority.

The conservative senators will unlikely to give him the votes. These appointed senators will leave next year when their terms expire and very likely the constitution will be amended for elected senators. Perhaps next election, Pita will stand a  better chance. 

MFP has campaigned on a progressive platform and may scare some of the mature voters which are the majority. I think they vote for centrist parties.

Personally I think PTP will definitely win a majority and K Sreetha will be nominated and be the Prime Minister. He will get some support from the appointed senators.

As a member of the business community in Thailand,  I feel he is the best suited Prime Minister candidate to get Thailand back on the economic track. 

A well written piece. Sadly you are right that this election is too early for real change, with the Senators being able to basically nullify the choices of the popular vote, but it definitely does feel as if the younger voters will shake things up this election, and will prevail in the next 1-2 elections. Lets hope.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

A well written piece. Sadly you are right that this election is too early for real change, with the Senators being able to basically nullify the choices of the popular vote, but it definitely does feel as if the younger voters will shake things up this election, and will prevail in the next 1-2 elections. Lets hope.

THis election maybe true.. but it is a start and you have to start first... 50 years nothing has been done...

• Like 2

Election commission might tell that he broke the law with the iTV shares. I think he is already history and they need to find the next fraudster. Why is there no clean opposition?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, h90 said:

Election commission might tell that he broke the law with the iTV shares. I think he is already history and they need to find the next fraudster. Why is there no clean opposition?

Because all the clean politicians are either yellow shirts or military meaning all those dastardly crooked politicians can only find a home with the opposition (geez, how dumb are the Thai people to keep voting for crooks when they could instead be voting for the pure saint like figures in the junta).

BTW - after Sunday you’ll have to start referring to them as the government as they will no longer be the opposition.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, h90 said:

I believe that it is not that simple that he "broke the law". I read that his Father owned the iTV shares, which were in his will of which Pita is an Executor. I am not at all sure that that is the same as Ownership.

• Like 1