Military-backed senators refuse to back MFP form a government

webfact

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and I thought senators are to be elected by the people to work for the people....parliament and senate should be dissolved and "democratically" elect new ones

You don't need a democratic elected senate because than it is not different than the parliament. You can save the costs. You can select them somehow different...like every former PM/Minister/Head of Supreme court gets a seat...so you have elderly wise people. Or better you drop it complete. Military appointed is just not OK

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, h90 said:

Me....I thought that is too obvious and so they don't do that.

same here thus 2 of us, didn't imagined them have the face to do what everybody is expecting them to do  555

• Like 1

1 minute ago, h90 said:

You don't need a democratic elected senate because than it is not different than the parliament. You can save the costs. You can select them somehow different...like every former PM/Minister/Head of Supreme court gets a seat...so you have elderly wise people. Or better you drop it complete. Military appointed is just not OK

sounds like a better option

• Like 2

IMO unlikely that the military coalition can be formed as they simply don’t have the numbers even if they employed the old trick to pay MPs to switch side. Prayut and Anutin have indicted leaving politics and Prawit will soon follow with a privy council role. To pacify the ultra conservative senates, Pita may have to step aside for a more acceptable Sreetha. The new regime will ensure no chaos and unrest in his early reign. All

the premonition of unrest and blood unnecessary. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I seem to recall it is illegal to overthrow an elected government and every coup d'etat is accompanied by granting immunity to coup leaders. However, does anyone know whether such immunity is granted to those assisting the coup leaders (like senators, for instance)?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1