Nigel Farage: ‘Brexit has failed’

webfact

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Even with the weak Pound which makes imports more expensive ?

I have a feeling that you are just blaming everything on Brexit , like the bad weather in Morocco is because of Brexit .

Bad weather in Morocco has caused food shortages in the U.K and that was caused by Brexit ? 

From what I understand, Morocco's agricultural exports to UK have strongly increased after Brexit so UK is more dependent on Morocco. 

In the EU, it's easier and faster to substitute the missing imports from Morocco by EU production, thanks to the single market.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, candide said:

From what I understand, Morocco's agricultural exports to UK have strongly increased after Brexit so UK is more dependent on Morocco. 

In the EU, it's easier and faster to substitute the missing imports from Morocco by EU production, thanks to the single market.

Except whe production has been hit by bad weather. I believe that to be the main, current cause. As per Chomper's link.

Edited by youreavinalaff

31 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Except whe production has been hit by bad weather. I believe that to be the main, current cause. As per Chomper's link.

Have you read my post? My point is that when imports of fruits and vegetables from Morocco or Spain decrease (because of bad weather or whatever), It's easier and faster in the EU to substitute the missing quantities by production from other EU countries, thanks to the single market. That's why there are no empty shelves in EU supermarkets.

• Like 2

Germany’s food retailers remain the hardest-hit by supply shortages, finds the latest ifo Institute survey. In February, 85.7 percent of the companies surveyed reported this problem, down from 95.6 percent in January

https://www.ifo.de/en/press-release/2023-03-14/germany-still-experiencing-food-supply-bottlenecks#:~:text=Germany's food retailers remain the,from 95.6 percent in January.

It must be due to Brexit

Edited by vinny41
add

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Please let us know what it was you could not source.

I believe, unlike some others, that personal experiences are useful. Keeps the scaremongery in the media in check.

Listen up, so I don’t have to say this again.

I posted my personal experience of not being able to get all the groceries I wanted from Tesco and having to make a second trip to Aldi to get the missing items. I also reported my observation of reduced stock options.

The experience I reported is entirely consistent with wide spread news reports of food shortages, I provided a link to one such news article.

What particular items I had to double shot for is of absolutely no relevance, my observations are consistent with wide spread news reports.

If you want to know what is or is not in other people’s shopping trolleys, do so while standing in line at the check out.

Now, getting you back to topic.

Nigel Farage says Brexit has failed.

Yes it has, and the fact Brexit has failed is now being widely and openly discussed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Spain facing food shortages as severe drought leads to crop failure

https://www.euronews.com/green/2023/04/19/drought-threatens-grain-harvests-in-spain

It must be due to Brexit

The rain in the U.K must have been stopped at Dover and cannot cross to Spain without a visa ?

Canterbury & the White Cliffs of Dover Tour (Small-Group)

Huge backlog of clouds waiting to be allowed into Spain 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, so UKIP's Nigel Farage saying that the Conservative party are responsible for the U.K's immigrations policies isn't a case of blaming other people , because the Conservative party are actually the ones who are responsible for the U.K's immigration policies .

UKIP/Brexit wanted to reduce immigration , the Conservatives have increased it 

The straw clutching continues.

In the context of Brexit, UKIP and the Parliamentary Conservative Party are one and the same: They both support it.

There are probably any number of reasons why the Tories have been unable to reduce immigration. Imo one of the most likely is that the more economically literate members of the Tory party have come to the conclusion that reducing immigration would cause even more damage to the economy. Fortunately, this view seems to hold sway - and is, presumably, shared by the PM - at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

The straw clutching continues.

In the context of Brexit, UKIP and the Parliamentary Conservative Party are one and the same: They both support it.

There are probably any number of reasons why the Tories have been unable to reduce immigration. Imo one of the most likely is that the more economically literate members of the Tory party have come to the conclusion that reducing immigration would cause even more damage to the economy. Fortunately, this view seems to hold sway - and is, presumably, shared by the PM - at the moment.

The reason for the upsurge in immigration to the U.K has been those arriving from Ukraine , those coming from Afghanistan and those coming from Hong Kong and also students coming to the U.K who hadn't previously been able to come due to Covid restrictions .

Those cases above are an abnormality to the usual immigration statics 

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Germany’s food retailers remain the hardest-hit by supply shortages, finds the latest ifo Institute survey. In February, 85.7 percent of the companies surveyed reported this problem, down from 95.6 percent in January

https://www.ifo.de/en/press-release/2023-03-14/germany-still-experiencing-food-supply-bottlenecks#:~:text=Germany's food retailers remain the,from 95.6 percent in January.

It must be due to Brexit

So if Germany’s food supply is down and the UK’s food supply is down, which of these two nations do you believe EU food producers will supply first.

Germany with zero trade barriers or bureaucracy?

Or the UK with trade barriers, bureaucracy and delays at the ports?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/22/2023 at 9:42 AM, dunroaming said:

But nobody can point to one positive from Brexit.  The most glaring example being the vast increase in immigration, both legal and illegal.  Promises based on lies cannot possibly materialise because they were never viable in the first place.  I think it is perfectly simple

Just been announced that Demonic Raab will stand down at the next general election.  Jumping before being pushed!  I am a constituent of his and after the last election he lost most of his considerable majority due for his stance over Brexit.  About 80% of us were remainers and he just raised a middle finger to us all.  Polls, (I know they are a waste of time) have been showing for more than two years that he would finish a poor second in any election (We are in Tory heartland here) but the latest shows he would be lucky to finish third.  There are now talks of street parties but I prefer to wait until he has finally gone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So if Germany’s food supply is down and the UK’s food supply is down, which of these two nations do you believe EU food producers will supply first.

Germany with zero trade barriers or bureaucracy?

Or the UK with trade barriers, bureaucracy and delays at the ports?

In Most cases neither because they simply don't have a product to sell

Last September many fruit and vegetable growers who normally grow produce during the winter months in heated greenhouses made it crystal clear that they would not be planting a winter crop due to  high energy prices.

For products that food producers that do have a product to sell it depends on many different factors including do they have an existing contract that requires fulfillment is there financial penalties to pay in the event that those existing contracts are not met

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Just been announced that Demonic Raab will stand down at the next general election.  Jumping before being pushed!  I am a constituent of his and after the last election he lost most of his considerable majority due for his stance over Brexit.  About 80% of us were remainers and he just raised a middle finger to us all.  

For his seat in Walton and Esher for the Brexit vote  , the figures were actually less than 60 % in favour of Remaining , rather than 80 %

In 2017 he got 58.7 percent  of the vote in the General election 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Good to hear more and more people are coming to their senses and see Brexit for the major mistake it was.

The figures that I provided do not show that though .

Less than 60 % of people voted to Remain in the Referendum in Raabs constituency in 2016 .

I didnt state what the current opinion is 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The reason for the upsurge in immigration to the U.K has been those arriving from Ukraine , those coming from Afghanistan and those coming from Hong Kong and also students coming to the U.K who hadn't previously been able to come due to Covid restrictions .

Those cases above are an abnormality to the usual immigration statics 

You seem to be disagreeing with yourself.

On the one hand, you say that the Tories have failed to live up to their promise to reduce immigration - and, presumably, are accountable? - while on the other, you imply that they have been the victim of circumstances and, presumably, therefore shouldn't be blamed?

It's difficult to know what point you are trying to make.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

You seem to be disagreeing with yourself.

On the one hand, you say that the Tories have failed to live up to their promise to reduce immigration - and, presumably, are accountable? - while on the other, you imply that they have been the victim of circumstances and, presumably, therefore shouldn't be blamed?

It's difficult to know what point you are trying to make.

The Tories had pledged to reduce immigration ,but they failed to reduce immigration due to exceptional circumstances which were pretty much beyond their control .

I am just stating the circumstances and I am not looking to blame anyone or hold them accountable .

(The Tories can be forgiven for letting genuine refugees from Ukraine/Hong Kong/Afghanistan  come to the U.K)

2 hours ago, candide said:

Have you read my post? My point is that when imports of fruits and vegetables from Morocco or Spain decrease (because of bad weather or whatever), It's easier and faster in the EU to substitute the missing quantities by production from other EU countries, thanks to the single market. That's why there are no empty shelves in EU supermarkets.

I didn't see any in Asda today either. Happy days.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Listen up, so I don’t have to say this again.

I posted my personal experience of not being able to get all the groceries I wanted from Tesco and having to make a second trip to Aldi to get the missing items. I also reported my observation of reduced stock options.

The experience I reported is entirely consistent with wide spread news reports of food shortages, I provided a link to one such news article.

What particular items I had to double shot for is of absolutely no relevance, my observations are consistent with wide spread news reports.

If you want to know what is or is not in other people’s shopping trolleys, do so while standing in line at the check out.

Now, getting you back to topic.

Yes it has, and the fact Brexit has failed is now being widely and openly discussed.

Of course it relevant what you couldn't find. Then it will be possible to know why you couldn't get them.

You say your personal findings are consistent with the link you provided. 

Therefore, the secret items you couldn't find were short supply because of many factors.

Yet, you initial post blamed it entirely on Brexit.

I call that fake news.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Of course it relevant what you couldn't find. Then it will be possible to know why you couldn't get them.

Therefore, the secret items you couldn't find were short supply because of many factors.

I call that fake news.

Fake news?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Tories had pledged to reduce immigration ,but they failed to reduce immigration due to exceptional circumstances which were pretty much beyond their control .

I am just stating the circumstances and I am not looking to blame anyone or hold them accountable .

(The Tories can be forgiven for letting genuine refugees from Ukraine/Hong Kong/Afghanistan  come to the U.K)

Let's assume that is the case. Then going back to the comparison between the Tories and Farage (UKIP) are you now saying that Brexit - at least, the Immigration part of it - wouldn't have been much different under UKIP?

I still don't understand what point(s) you are trying to make?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Fake news?

No. Just sour grapes. 

Just as I've said many times before.  Brexit is ongoing. Cannot be called a failure. Simple English language.

I believe Farage was suggesting the Government have failed to do what he would have liked them to.

However, seeing as you have constantly shown your disdain for the man, I'm surprised you are siding with him. Next you'll be saying you'd like to go on a train journey with Portillo. ????????????

Edited by youreavinalaff

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

No need. It's not out of the bag.

Brexit is ongoing. 

An on going failure.

Ask Farage, he’s saying it on TV.

People have heard him say it, people up and down the country are discussing the fact that Brexit has failed.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

An on going failure.

Ask Farage, he’s saying it on TV.

People have heard him say it, people up and down the country are discussing the fact that Brexit has failed.

It's so obvious but you can't see it.

Take a break, go and sit in a little corner, write a list of why you think Brexit has failed. When you've done that, compare your notes with the article on Farage.

You are miles apart. The fact you keep referring to what he said is laughable at best.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

I call that fake news.

I have just been to my local supermarket and they seem to be fully stocked with everything  , tomatoes from Holland and peppers from Spain among the produce available and I didn't notice and shortages 

• Thanks 1