Is this election a new dawn for Thailand?

webfact

Even now those protestors got their own elected party, most of these young gen demands are still fantasy anyway. They all think to get minimum wage to 700 baht right away too, some even say 1000 baht. Yet they work just as slow as always, nothing from their side improved.

Imagine for some crazy reason they actually do make it happen, it would make Thailand even more expensive than it already is today (near being over priced for many things).

Personally I do not care that much at all, I do know that it was very stable and calm here in general, under the army. That is good if wanting to attract business too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Even now those protestors got their own elected party, most of these young gen demands are still fantasy anyway. They all think to get minimum wage to 700 baht right away too, some even say 1000 baht. Yet they work just as slow as always, nothing from their side improved.

Imagine for some crazy reason they actually do make it happen, it would make Thailand even more expensive than it already is today (near being over priced for many things).

Personally I do not care that much at all, I do know that it was very stable and calm here in general, under the army. That is good if wanting to attract business too.

Liberty before Prosperity.

ALWAYS!

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A new dawn, a new day or deja vu?

Pita was born on 5 September 1980. He is the nephew of Padung Limjaroenrat, a former secretary to the Interior Minister and a close aide of then Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

(but at least when Thaksin appointed his relatives to head both army and police he was elected)
Seems new PM or proxy in waiting Pita/Tim may be a bit controlling as well:

“We broke up because of accumulating conflict,” Chutima said when asked about her broken romance during the Club Friday Show on GMM25. “He grew jealous when I played a role which involved holding hands. After that, more rules emerged, including one that banned me from coming home later than 6pm. Not even business appointments were exempt.”

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/07/30/parina-slams-future-forward-mps-separation-with-series-of-commandments/

Certainly Thailand needs a change, hopefully Tim's the real deal.

• Thanks 1

A new dawn for many reasons. The big win by MFP, record voters turn-out, significant political shift, upsetting Pheu Thai, the dissatisfaction of the military dominance, voters desire for change, youths coming out in numbers against a backdrop of ultra conservatives that still hold power. Would this be a Widodo moment when he emerged from Indonesia dominated by military elites to become inspirational President. I certainly hope so after 2 decades of lost economic opportunities and rising inequalities.   

• Haha 1

Is this election a new dawn for Thailand?

It may be.......Or it may not

We have yet to see what happens with the Junta in disguise as 250 BS senators with a vote they do not deserve

Let's hope all goes well but TIT

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bogs smith said:
5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Horrendous..........rubbish.

An Ostrich would say the same.

OK, I am happy it was horrendous for you. Please quote me some of the things which have ruined it for you personally.

I am quite happy, ostrich or not.

Edited by KannikaP

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Soon, foreigners will be free to openly and publicly criticise Thailand and Thai people with no fear of any kind of consequences. 

I'll drink to that, Blondie! ????

Criticism of all kids is a fundamental pillar of Democracy.

2 hours ago, h90 said:

No before Covid it was running well....and what self censoring, there is exactly one topic that can not be discussed and no one really cares in their normal life. That is a very small left wing and right wing bubble everyone else cares about the important things in life.

Yep.

IMG_1769.jpeg.abddb52dc7bf6271023c20f23bc87464.jpeg