3000 Baht to replace rubber seal around honda car windshield? Is this a normal price?

In the past 2 years, some rubber strips have dried, cracked & broken off the outside of the windshield (along the driver and passenger sides). Already 2 monsoons later, and no water has gotten inside the car.... *yet*, so the seal, although cracked, is still holding up. Anyways, the dealership said the normal cost to replace just the rubber seal is 3000 Baht.  But this seems a bit steep, and nearly the cost of getting a new windshield? Is this the normal price?

• Haha 2

Get a few more quotes from independent mechanics, most dealerships regard customers as pigeons ripe for plucking.

Or, as another poster has suggested, buy a tube of silicone and an applicator.

• Like 1

A few months ago I had an ABS sensor changed on a Mitsubishi lancer for 7500bt and that was a bit of rubber with a lump on the end you appear to be getting a lot more rubber at less than half that price pay it a barging ???? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Get a few more quotes

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

"When I was growing up, I always wanted to be someone. Now I realize that I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

"I drink to make other people more interesting." Hemingway

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

A few months ago I had an ABS sensor changed on a Mitsubishi lancer for 7500bt and that was a bit of rubber with a lump on the end you appear to be getting a lot more rubber at less than half that price pay it a barging ???? 

So you drive like you need ABS. ????

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Have you checked out YouTube for some diy videos. Maybe you can butcher up a half assed repair yourself that will be good enough.

????????????Pay cheap, get cheap????????????

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Grusa said:

If we knew your location we could advise you where to go! 

Was just to post the same question.

I would surely take off my hands from any DIY at a car windshield.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Or any other dealership. Anywhere. They are all ripoff merchants.

I have an Isuzu and go to the dealer in CBiang Mai over ten years just routine maintenance slightly higher than a small shop but much better work is done. They go by the book and use the correct parts.

Dealers are good and bad as are small shops...

Simple answer as already been stated ...DONT go to a Honda dealership, you will find many locations who will do the job cheaper, perhaps if you had number one insurance and a cracked windscreen, it would be replaced along with the windscreen under insurance!

Edited by phetpeter