It’s Not Enough for Ukraine to Win. Russia Has to Lose.

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

With all the Russians out of their country with non aggression guarantees provided by their entry into NATO or something similar turning over of war criminals and massive reparation's  that’s what I would like to see

... plus sending another half mil + of these useless borschties crossing Jordan in the process ...

Yes, makes perfect sense to me,

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Tug said:

Actually I think the payment part is easy Levi a tax on every drop of oil or gas they sell that goes straight to Ukraine as far as mr Putin is concerned they can handle him in the time honored Russian way out the window or that basement room in the Lubyanka prison or get sporty and poison his underwear who cares 

It may be easier than that. All the Russian money and assets that has already been frozen by the EU and the West will go a long way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yeah, do that and look how Putin will react.

And don't think that the fact that "the west" might retaliate will stop Putin from using nuclear weapons.

There is a good reason why most countries and not stupid enough to fight guys with nuclear weapons. NK is a wonderful example. 

There is only one way to end this war: People have to talk to each other. And humiliating anybody involved won't help at all. 

Agree needs structured discussion but I rather doubt Putin would contribute anything constructive and which would indicate he has lost.

Nuclear. Yes frightening, a very difficult factor.  Putin knows 95% of the rest of the world will not accept Putin actually using nukes and he knows there would be very severe punishment of himself and Russia.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Agree needs structured discussion but I rather doubt Putin would contribute anything constructive and which would indicate he has lost.

Nuclear. Yes frightening, a very difficult factor.  Putin knows 95% of the rest of the world will not accept Putin actually using nukes and he knows there would be very severe punishment of himself and Russia.

What punishment do you have in mind? Dropping one or more western nukes on the people of Russia? That won't happen! 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What punishment do you have in mind? Dropping one or more western nukes on the people of Russia? That won't happen! 

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's imagine Ukraine would get all the territory back. Does that mean they would have won the war?

Does anybody expect that Putin will say: I am sorry, and we will pay for all the damage we have done?

Or does anybody imagine someone will remove Putin and that new somebody will apologize and pay?

Anybody? 

All good comments and questions. Seems o me the world will quickly enough impose some punishment on putin.

What punishment? I don't know.

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

Even the Ruzzians know they can't realistically hope to get away with using nukes.

Who are those "Ruzzians" which you have in mind?

Do you imagine they have a democratic vote if and how they should use nuclear weapons?

Or is it more like Putin says: Let's do it!

And if Putin goes down, will he care if he goes alone or together with Russia or the world? If he is dead, then he is dead. He doesn't have to worry about a nuclear catastrophe anymore. 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, tgw said:

Using a tactical nuke within Ukraine, well away from NATO borders would be his only (slim) hope to avoid NATO involvement, but realistically he wouldn't.

There is also a good chance the troops themselves would not carry out the order.

And are you sure about your prediction and that you understand Putin and the people who follow his orders?

Is it good enough for you that likely he won't do that, or they won't follow orders?