I Think I Saw Stickman Bangkok

Are there any photo’s of stickman bangkok?

I think I saw him the other night walking. I checked on his site later on out of curiosity,  have not read it for years, then found out he just returned to Bangkok in the last couple days after years of being away and was walking around areas like soi cowboy and patpong.

Are there any known pictures of him?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

From what I can decipher from the above, it could have been stickman, notstickman, not stickman or not notstickman.

I need another beer.

There used to be a guy called notstickman that used to call out stickman on his articles, got to be a big argument

1 minute ago, Seppius said:

There used to be a guy called notstickman that used to call out stickman on his articles, got to be a big argument

I don't doubt you for a moment. I was just hypothesising that it might not have been notstickman. Let's hope that notstickman doesn't have a detractor called notnotstickman, because if it also wasn't him the OP saw then I'm going to break my keyboard.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

From what I can decipher from the above, it could have been stickman, notstickman, not stickman or not notstickman.

I need another beer.

And maybe it was even stickboy of whom you can easily find pictures :cheesy:

• Haha 1

I just deleted my previous post. That was about the boy. Forget about it.

Personally I stopped reading stickman many years ago because he posted wrong or sponsored information.

Some people pointed out that he wrote things like G-Spot and Rainbow and BlaBla are great bars. Everybody knew that about G-Spot and Rainbow but nobody heard about BlaBla before. Guess why he mentioned that...

Edited by OneMoreFarang
Wrong Stick*

When I was a kid in England, 50s into the 60s, the Daily Mail used to have someone called Lobby Lud who would spend a day in various holiday resorts during the summer. Readers were alerted to which town he would be in and if you thought you spotted him you could approach him and say 'You are Lobby Lud and I claim my ten pounds'. And you had to be carrying a copy of the paper to win. Must have annoyed loads of people who weren't him and now, in these PC days, kids would not be encouraged to approach strange men.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

he was an overweight white guy, mid 60’s I guess, or older. Had a fedora type brim hat. Google mismatched eyes (like Jeff bezos).  He looked out of place, but not a tourist, or a typical expat clothing or vibe. Hard to describe. I noticed him right away. Wanted to ask him if he was stickman but lost him on the sidewalk.

That would not be him, so you've seen a Not Stickman. Still it could have been a Notstickman, but more likely a Not Notstickman. Or you could have seen the ghost of Trink, known to appear sometimes in the Patpong area.

Though I don't know for sure, I believe Stickman is fairly thin, maybe 180 cm, and late 40s. I think you can Google and find images of him online.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

“I asked on the Asean Now forum what people’s recent experience has been and, as usual in Thailand, the rules are only there to be ignored and are not enforced.”

Dated May 14, 2023

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2023/05/stick-returns-part-1-sukhumvit-can-wait/

That was from me, something I posted here and also passed on to Stickman, who is a long-time friend of mine. He's back for a short period, a plan he mentioned several times as the time of his visit approached. His column published today (Sunday) describes his recent rounds.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

17 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Is that visual description I gave of him above accurate? If he does not want to be known, you don’t have to say.

Nothing like. I'll not publish any photos I have because he does appreciate his privacy. You came up with a half-decent description of Mekong Kurt though, less so of Bernard Trink.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

13 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I think stickman is from having a cane, not being thin, isn’t it?

He adopted the name after regularly seeing a man with a cane in the days before he moved to Thailand and started the site. A strange choice to call himself that.

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He adopted the name after regularly seeing a man with a cane in the days before he moved to Thailand and started the site. A strange choice to call himself that.

I think r rated mags are called stick books hence the name.

14 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes, it’s strange how certain people can make an impression on us and we never really know why. Maybe the guy I saw made an impression and I used stickman to find a “why” but it was not him at all.

Edited by JimTripper