I Think I Saw Stickman Bangkok

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He adopted the name after regularly seeing a man with a cane in the days before he moved to Thailand and started the site. A strange choice to call himself that.

I aways assumed it was a carnival reference, no?

10 minutes ago, bignok said:
23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He adopted the name after regularly seeing a man with a cane in the days before he moved to Thailand and started the site. A strange choice to call himself that.

I think r rated mags are called stick books hence the name.

I have no idea about that. The origin of his name is as described to me when I interviewed him for his site many, many years ago.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Now there's a character.

I seem to remember he had a brother.  He sold frying pans.  Can't remember his name though... ????

I think you have him confused with notstickpan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Yes, it’s strange how certain people can make an impression on us and we never really know why.

what impression did he make on you?

you thought maybe it could be you one day walking around the red light district wearing a fedora and interviewing bargirls and getting famous with a blog?

29 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

what impression did he make on you?

you thought maybe it could be you one day walking around the red light district wearing a fedora and interviewing bargirls and getting famous with a blog?

I’m not sure exactly. I just singled him out as we were walking opposite directions on a busy sidewalk. We made direct eye contact for more then a moment like we knew each other from somewhere, then he gave me a strange look almost like fear or something strange like paranoia, then he was gone in the crowd. That’s why I thought I knew him from somewhere before but I can’t remember from where. I looked back at him a second time but he was gone. So I thought I wonder if that was stickman Bangkok, or someone I had seen online somewhere ????????‍♂️.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

because you were fixating on him and staring for an unreasonably long period of time.

and he was afraid you were a crazy stalker. 

We were fixated on each other, not just me. Maybe he was someone who had seen me somewhere before, but I did not know about it. Maybe that’s why it looked like he knew me or recognized me, but was paranoid about it. Or It could have just been him reacting to me in a strange way. I don’t really know what exactly was going on and was just fishing for a reason. That’s why it was so strange. I don’t get that with people just walking around.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This topic is closed. Forum Rule 30 states:

You will not post messages looking for missing people, or seek information about any person except with written approval from support (at) aseannow.com

Incidentally, from your description, you definitely did not see Stickman.

• Thumbs Up 1