Re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi. Fast-track or not.

Afternoon all,

This was discussed before but I can't for the life of me find the thread. I need to fly at short notice from Suvarnabhumi and, although I usually get my re-entry permit at the same time as collecting my extension, this time I haven't done it.

I'll have access to the fast-track immigration line, but I recall something about it being harder to get to the desk that issues the permits?

Should I just go through the normal immigration line to save any hassle? Extension of stay based on marriage (not that this should make any difference). If you could also include exactly where the desk is. Again, if my memory serves me well, I recall that in Suvarnabhumi you can go to the desk BEFORE your exit stamp, but at Don Mueang it is after???

Thanks.

ps. this thread isn't for whether it's best to get the permit at the local IO or at the airport ????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

....I can be forgetful at airports, so i'll play it safe and just go through the normal line.....

Good plan.

Added note BKK reentry permit desk provided a service to fill in the TM8 for 200baht.

I prefer to do my own but it's an option. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good plan.

Added note BKK reentry permit desk provided a service to fill in the TM8 for 200baht.

I prefer to do my own but it's an option. 

For the sake of 200 baht I might take them up on the offer. I have a habit of getting the wrong form. I believe it's a TM8 for the permit. The current one on the main immigration website is a double sided document, but I can still see links to a single sided form.

I believe this is the correct form: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/5.คำขออนุญาตเพื่อกลับเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักรอีก-ตม.8.pdf

and this is an example of how to fill it in (although they missed the day part of the date at the top): http://irco.op.swu.ac.th/Portals/29/Documents/Orientation/Sample_re-entry-permit-kingdom.pdf.pdf?ver=7RzYiA02FVJp_8PLHWVlIw%3d%3d

1 hour ago, Woof999 said:

The current one on the main immigration website is a double sided document, but I can still see links to a single sided form

The first link you posted is correct.

Note: as with all two sided immigration forms, if you decide to download it print it as double sided. 

Also form requires photo if you do it yourself

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks all for the replies. I'm flying Emirates and I know I can be forgetful at airports, so i'll play it safe and just go through the normal line with a post-it note stuck to my forehead to remind me. Actually a post-it note on my passport that says "GET PERMIT NOW" would probably be a good idea.

Emirates are located at the very last row of check-in counters.  So when being checked in, your closest International Entry is Zone 1 - DO NOT take that one.  Walk back and take Zone 2, as it is there that the Re-Entry Permit Immigration service is located.

• Thumbs Up 2

Simple option at Fast-Track lane is to ask the Immigration office for the Re-entry permit, they will then take you past the desks and to the re-entry permit line and process you there (saves having to endure the longer security queue in the ’normal’ lane).

... of course, that works if you are ’not forgetful’...  if you are going through the ’normal lane’ there is more queuing to contend with, which could mean you can forget there too.

IF you are worried about that (forgetting) - Put a note in your passport to remind yourself. 

Immigration will take care of all the form filling and photos etc... I think for an extra 100 baht on top of the re-entry fee (two options - single (B1900 + B100 single / B3800 + B100 Multi).

(Edit: As per DrJack - it may be 200 baht for immigration to do the form filling on your behalf).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is there any point in using fast track if you are getting a re-entry permit? When I went I in March the re-entry permit office also stamped me out at their private immigration desk next to the re-entry office, but admittedly that was a first for me as I normally get told to rejoin the massive queues. So it was as fast as fast track for me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, buick said:

i've been told on this forum that i've used 'poor form' by getting the permit after stamp out.  others give me laughing emojis when i say it is totally fine to do it this way.   

Same here....   theoretically, if you get ‘stamped out’ then ask for a re-entry permit it can be too late if you have an awkward immigration officer. 

IF you enter an immigration hall and there is no ‘re-entry permit booth’ in that specific hall - just ask the immigration officer for a re-entry permit before you give him your passport, someone will come and take you to that re-entry booth and you’ll get processed there. 

Its really just that simple... there’s a lot of over thinking it on this thread !! (and in other past threads). 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Usually up to the airline. If you're flying a premium cabin or have a certain frequent flyer status it's included.

Also the elderly and the disabled, pregnant women, families with young kids, and people who work for BOI companies and have a letter issued by the BOI to give permission to use Fast Track.

That BOI letter is worth its weight in gold sometimes.

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Also the elderly and the disabled, pregnant women, families with young kids, and people who work for BOI companies and have a letter issued by the BOI to give permission to use Fast Track.

And almost anyone willing to pay for it.

Usually up to the airline. If you're flying a premium cabin or have a certain frequent flyer status it's included.

All disabled people and all travellers over 70 years of age and their travelling party. You can also buy the fast track service.

On 5/24/2023 at 5:37 PM, Red Phoenix said:

Emirates are located at the very last row of check-in counters.  So when being checked in, your closest International Entry is Zone 1 - DO NOT take that one.  Walk back and take Zone 2, as it is there that the Re-Entry Permit Immigration service is located.

I flew with emirates earlier this year and went through security checks at zone 1. For some reason, staff would not let me go into zone 2. I went through immigration in zone 1 and then walked to the reentry place after that. I had my own form printed and a photo ready and was the only customer at the time. In and out very quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

That BOI letter is worth its weight in gold sometimes.

and those with Thai Elite visa

Edited by Sigma6

20 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

All disabled people and all travellers over 70 years of age and their travelling party. You can also buy the fast track service.

So this thread is referring to the airline's fast track  check-in lane and not at immigration?

Edited by SunsetT
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1