DeSantis Says Wife Would Be on Magazine Covers ‘if She Were a Democrat’

onthedarkside

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

This story was on the digital 'cover' page NYTimes a few days ago 25MAY Bangkok time

The Strategic Fashioning of Casey DeSantis
With an eye to the Kennedys, and the Trumps. Sometimes, a wardrobe is a strategy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/24/style/casey-desantis-fashion.html

no paywall https://archive.is/NVLv6

image.jpeg.bc953a7d86d3712836a618842ecf5500.jpeg

Obviously trying to copy Jackie Kennedy her problem is her husband is no Kennedy reasonably attractive tho

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

Looks like a table cloth. Mind you many things women wear do. She looks fit and well. Good luck to them. I hope he wins. 

For me picking between Trump and DeSantis is picking between two different flavors of maga fascist demagogues. Ideally they'll damage each other badly.

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

For me picking between Trump and DeSantis is picking between two different flavors of maga fascist demagogues. Ideally they'll damage each other badly.

You think everyone is fascist if a Republican.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think they will.  What's not been mentioned is that they'll be doing it predominantly on right wing media.  We've all heard that many Republicans only follow right wing media like Fox, OAN, Newsmax, etc.  These people live in an echo chamber as they avoid mainstream media.  They rarely hear negatives about Trump and DeSantis.  Well they'll be hearing a lot of extreme nastiness in the next few months. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Berkshire said:

I think they will.  What's not been mentioned is that they'll be doing it predominantly on right wing media.  We've all heard that many Republicans only follow right wing media like Fox, OAN, Newsmax, etc.  These people live in an echo chamber as they avoid mainstream media.  They rarely hear negatives about Trump and DeSantis.  Well they'll be hearing a lot of extreme nastiness in the next few months. 

Spot on......hate it now emojis are anonymous.

18 minutes ago, bignok said:

No. Fascists are left wing by nature.

Perhaps the chief characteristic of fascism is to claim that a certain majority group in the country, be it ethnic, racial, or religious, is threatened by a certain minority or certain minorities with sinister agendas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

She led efforts to raise money for the hurricane disaster fund.......and she's a good woman?......Mmmmmm

Fought breast cancer. Raised money for relief. Looks and acts well. Wants kids to get a good education.

Doesn't blame the Russians.

Yes she is a good woman.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, bignok said:

Looks like a table cloth. Mind you many things women wear do. She looks fit and well. Good luck to them. I hope he wins. 

The children are dressed like they just stepped off the set of The Handmaiden's Tale. I wonder if that was deliberate?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

The children are dressed like they just stepped off the set of The Handmaiden's Tale. I wonder if that was deliberate?

All marketing now. Advisers tell them all how to dress, what to say. Politics is very staged. Wear certain colors not others. 

Florida’s First Lady, and Second in Command

Casey DeSantis has advised her husband on media strategy and taken on some of the state’s big issues. The presidential campaign trail is next.

Ms. DeSantis, 42, is widely seen as perhaps Mr. DeSantis’s most important adviser. In the governor’s mansion, she advised on media strategy and helped vet personnel.

Now, as Mr. DeSantis enters the presidential contest, people who know Ms. DeSantis or who have encountered her on the nascent campaign trail expect that she will play a vital role in his most important race yet, seeking to shape perceptions of the campaign, build relationships with party stakeholders and to illuminate the personal side of her hard-edged husband, who sometimes struggles to connect

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/24/us/politics/casey-desantis-strategy.html

No paywall: https://archive.is/MmWLZ