Chuwit: Secret Coalition Deal Includes Thaksin’s Return

webfact

Pheu Thai party leader Cholnan Srikaew has shrugged off a suggestion by a group of “red-shirt” supporters that the party should withdraw from the coalition, led by the Move Forward party, or take the lead in forming a coalition government.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-leader-dismisses-call-for-party-to-withdraw-from-coalition/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

well that's not going to work is it ?

as much as I admire Chuwit for standing up against the establishment - he is way way off with this one

Well, we hope it isn't. And we hope he is. But we don't actually know. TIT

• Thumbs Up 2

At least he's not yapping about Cannabis.

I can't see the "Senators" voting en masse for a "package deal" which includes the return of Thaksin. That's nuts.

Not sure why this guy gets a pass on spreading fake news?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Not surprising.

Let the protests begin.

When is the funeral for the PT.

This will prove FINALLY that THAKSIN ONLY CARES ABOUT THAKSIN.

He does not care about the country or Democracy.

Bringing 2 military parties in with the PT again proves to the people that the PT s just as corrupt and military-run as all the other parties.  The surprising thing is that my kiss assets are not involved.  That being the case, if I was the PT I would be very worried about Anutin.  

The only question is IF this happens and it is an IF when will the protests start?  Also, considering that Thaksin is not liked by a lot of the military how many of the people that said they would not vote for his daughter as PM will vote for a PT party that is bringing him back?

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Toolong said:

What of the 'will of the people'? What of their hopes? Of their right to see their votes count as having granted their chosen party the right to govern, in coalition or not?

From the sewers of Thai politics comes - once more - that vile, all-too-familiar stench of corrupt power-trading. These hideous, 'old-guard' characters know more tricks than a cartload of monkeys. ????????

People didn't choose a party to govern. If a coalition has more than 50% they are chosen to govern and that can be with MF and without MF. I have seen the third strongest party form the government. Nothing wrong with it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Let the protests begin.

When is the funeral for the PT.

This will prove FINALLY that THAKSIN ONLY CARES ABOUT THAKSIN.

He does not care about the country or Democracy (...)

T. has always just cared about himself, and enriching himself and his family to the disadvantage of the country. But he is an able demagogue and manipulator of people's opinion...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

At least he's not yapping about Cannabis.

I can't see the "Senators" voting en masse for a "package deal" which includes the return of Thaksin. That's nuts.

Not sure why this guy gets a pass on spreading fake news?

Let’s agree to come back and apologize if we’re wrong.

By the way, I remember in the not so distant past how long it took for fake news to be real news. The future will reveal all. Be careful what you call fake. What you can’t see you can’t know.

• Like 2

Unlikely to happen. The appointed senates have something in common in opposing any association with the Shinawatra. Prawit may have strong influence over the senators but this will be a bridge too far if he form a coalition with PTP. Without the senates, the coalition will fail. PTP will unlikely to ally with the junta and ally parties. They still licking their wounds after the election set back and recognized that the youth and middle class are throwing their support for MFP. It will be unwise for PTP to form leave the current MFP coalition and further anger these voters. 

Asked about rumours that MFP may end up being in the opposition bloc, the MFP secretary-general said MFP and Pheu Thai leaders have already talked to allay concerns over this issue. MFP has no other plans as it is confident it will achieve the formation of the new government, which will become clearer in mid-June and is expected to be finished by next month.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1180292

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kennw said:

Maybe you should listen to what he is saying and wait a while to see it happen.

Quote "Maybe you should listen to what he is saying and wait a while to see it happen."

Maybe you should listen to what he is saying and wait a while to see IF it happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

Ousted and fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinwatra denies on Sunday that Pheu Thai Party is cooking an alternative coalition-formation with pro-military parties as alleged by Chuwit Kamolvisit

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1663013262693400576

To quote from English pantomime.

Oh no he didn't.

Oh yes he did.

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You really must provide indisputable evidence to make claims of this nature.......otherwise it is no more than tittle-tattle and yet it could still be extremely damaging.

The MFP should sue.

1. Whose claim are you talking about?

2. Whom should the MFP sue, and for what?