Australian Man Faces Several Legal Charges After Road Rage Incident in Phuket

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Monnapan got out of his vehicle and walked to the sedan to ask the driver why he drove so carelessly

Oh yea i bet he "Asked" him very politely, as it must be very unusual to see people driving carelessly in Thailand, especially minibus drivers the la crème da la crème of Thai drivers.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I must  have missed the 'feed the perp' interview policy change

image.jpeg

Looks like the full Monty i wonder if they left a tip. Did they give them those haircuts too?

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The foreigner would be in a much better position had he not broken the mirror.

Absolutely agree with you! The police in any event do seem to believe the locals over foreigners?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The minivan driver Mr. Monnapan told police the sedan driven by a foreigner immediately swerved in front of his minivan and suddenly braked.

What was the reason they did so mr mini van driver ? What did you do before that ?  Most of mini van drivers believe that they own streets and do what they want. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Headline: "Australian Man Faces Several Legal Charges After Road Rage Incident in Phuket."

Post: An Australian driver is facing two legal charges after a road rage incident in which he destroyed a minivan’s side mirror in Wichit, Mueang Phuket."

Proof reader on holiday?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

... and I’m sure he did so with the temperament and manners of measured respectability.... 

The foreigner apologist quick out of the barriers.

The Thai beeped his horn, the snowflake Aussie spat the dummy and caused criminal wilful damage to the Thais source of income.

But predictably as usual you want to victim blame the Thai. 

I wonder why you live here?

... because, as we know, mini-van drivers have the reputation of being the most respectful vehicle drivers on Thailand’s roads... hmmm.... 

Most are no problem.

Of course, perhaps this was a one off whereby the mini-van driver was a measure of perfect driving and calm restraint...  its possible, no ????

On and on it goes.

The foreigner was in the wrong.

If a Thai had over reacted to a beep of the horn you would have been all over him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Perhaps the heading in the news article should be changed to, 3 middle eastern men with Australian Passports.....bla......bla......bla,

You are a Greek with an Australian passport right?

lucky the minivan driver wasn't in Oz, as these 3 would have taken to him like a pack of wolves as they do.

Oh gawd. A bit of Middle Eastern bashing.

Come to think of it, they almost have the same Thai mentality, when it comes to the pack of wolves thing.

Nice turnaround into a Thai bash.

Anyone else you want to have a go at?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I tend to agree with you, but I guess its who the police believe?

They believed the video which proved the foreigner in the wrong.

Who also admitted it.

From the OP

The Australian man reportedly admitted that he was angry after the minivan driver honked his horn.

Aussie needs to harden the fork up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Goat said:

The Thai beeped his horn.

The foreigner caused wiful damage.

The Thai man didn't 'beep' his horn? He honked it continually!

From the article:

"The two drivers, however, continued to harass each other with Monnapan honking his horn continuously and then both vehicles stopped on the road side before the foreigner hit and smashed the minivan’s side mirror and then fled"

The foreigner as you say caused damage to the mirror.

There seems to be no video, dashcam, evidence, so who started what is in question?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Goat said:

They believed the video which proved the foreigner in the wrong.

Who also admitted it.

From the OP

The Australian man reportedly admitted that he was angry after the minivan driver honked his horn.

Aussie needs to harden the fork up.

From the OP:

"The Australian man reportedly admitted that he was angry after the minivan driver honked his horn repeatedly while chasing after him. The Australian man also stated that the minivan driver was in his opinion the initial aggressor, having got out of his vehicle to confront the foreigner."

Can't find any video of the confrontation! Do you have the link which proves it?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

There seems to be no video, dashcam, evidence, so who started what is in question?

From the OP.

"that the male foreigner in the video"

I have seen the video. The foreigner was an agressive idiot. After his court case, jail him, deport and blacklist. 

He has a few screws loose. Dont want him here. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Goat said:

From the OP.

"that the male foreigner in the video"

I have seen the video. The foreigner was an agressive idiot. After his court case, jail him, deport and blacklist. 

He has a few screws loose. Dont want him here. 

Found the video, if its the right on, lasts 21 seconds?

Indeed the foreigner does seem to be somewhat aggressive, but its not that clear and we still don't really know what started this confrontation?

Edited by mikeymike100
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

From the OP:

"The Australian man reportedly admitted that he was angry after the minivan driver honked his horn repeatedly while chasing after him. The Australian man also stated that the minivan driver was in his opinion the initial aggressor, having got out of his vehicle to confront the foreigner."

Can't find any video of the confrontation! Do you have the link which proves it?

Found it! Looks like an argument, maybe the Australian shouldn't have smashed the mirror, but nobody got hurt, apart from the mirror?????

Edited by Smokey and the Bandit
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nowadays, the term 'Aussies' is be being used very, very loosely judging from the dark appearance of the 3 chaps in the picture.

How would you be voting on Australia's planned  'Voice' referendum then?

If you could I mean.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

... and I’m sure he did so with the temperament and manners of measured respectability.... 

... because, as we know, mini-van drivers have the reputation of being the most respectful vehicle drivers on Thailand’s roads... hmmm.... 

Of course, perhaps this was a one off whereby the mini-van driver was a measure of perfect driving and calm restraint...  its possible, no ????

The ones I upset  get little bit verbal and brake/throttle pedal happy, some even wave a pistol out the window at me.

Edited by Ralf001

6 hours ago, kennw said:

May be the minivan driver was lucky, had the other vehicle he offended been driven by a rich local he may have shot

You are assuming the minivan driver didn't  have a firearm. Looks like he showed restraint.

33 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The ones I upset  get little bit verbal and brake/throttle pedal happy, some even wave a pistol out the window at me.

Yup... not had the ‘pistol’ but had the ‘shouting’.... when they’re forcing their way through traffic,  had a few who really didn’t like that I didn’t give way and did the ‘aggressive swerving etc’ then pulling up along-side and shouting....   They seem not to like it when I smile and wave back !!!... 

I just do my driving and don’t antagonise.... but there are still some really unhinged morons out there, the mini-van or modded pick-up are giveaways. 

The Aussie was clearly a tool for reacting... But, the van driver was clearly the ‘initial aggressor’ when he got out of his van and approached the Aussie... looks like he backed off quickly when he realised he was outnumbered but the Aussie then took it further. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Tough to understand why police is handling a case like this as if it was murder?  

Even tougher to understand what makes you say that the reported road rage incident "is being handled like a murder"...there's no indication of that, at all.

• Sad 1