COVID makes comeback in Thailand as booster fatigue leaves door open

webfact

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Here is an interesting summary article about IgG4 and vaccines by the rather brilliant expert William A. Haseltine.  It describes the various mechanisms by which it works.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2023/01/13/emergence-of-igg4-in-long-term-vaccines-winning-or-losing-the-race/?sh=3cf2b1cb6fd4

Puts into perspective the need for updated annual boosters to be developed like what is done for the Flu and Pneumonia. Add in the fact that there are 4 distinct regions where the viruses differentiate and thus a need for different types of boosters depending upon where you are. It is no longer a one jab fits all categories due to mutations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

COVID vaccinations don't cause COVID.

Perhaps you should look at your own behaviors, as to why you supposedly kept coming down with the virus, when others such as myself didn't.

"MYTH: A COVID-19 vaccine can make me sick with COVID-19. FACT: Because none of the authorized COVID-19 vaccines in the United States contain the live virus that causes COVID-19, the vaccine cannot make you sick with COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html

"Myth: You can get COVID-19 from the vaccines. This is FALSE.

“There’s no live virus in the vaccines, so they can’t infect you,” says Dr. Cunningham. “Basically, the vaccines make our bodies produce one single protein from the virus—the protein that infects our cells. By making that protein, we prevent infection. You might have side effects like a headache or chills, but that’s because your body is creating an immune response, not because you have an infection.”

https://www.henryford.com/blog/2021/08/vaccine-myths

We are sure we got Covid, maybe not if we were not vaccinated, and it happened in the lockdown period, with living 2 of us in house for weeks without seeing anybody or going anywhere...  So my lifestyle had nothing to do with it or my behavior

21 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

Are you vaccinated? If so, with which vaccine(s), and how many times?

I was vaccinated, but had my last shot a good 18 months ago at least. I can't remember which ones I had however, but I had it twice. And like I said I didn't catch covid throughout the entire pandemic. 

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This is interesting. I wonder how many billions of masks are being worn and discarded in the garbage yet numbers of infections are huge.

I wonder if 1 M will die from 40 M per week up to 60 M in 2,3 months of time. 

I guess so.

8 hours ago, cmsally said:

It would be interesting to see a study comparing the efficacy of the Covid vaccines compared to that of various dosages of Vitamin D. Vitamin D has been found to lessen the likelihood of catching Covid as well as lessening the symptoms.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphar.2022.836738/full

Why would you have to choose? I did both. If you're low on vitamin D your immune system doesn't function as well.

A well functioning immune system means a better outcome from the vaccine, of course.

Edited by Paradise Pete

Reporting re the WHO's most recent global COVID report:

Global COVID-19 activity remains mixed

In the Western Pacific, Mongolia, Palau, and the Philippines reported the highest proportional rises, with cases up modestly in South Korea and Australia.

Chinese infectious disease experts last week said the country was experiencing another surge in cases, but there are few new details, other than that deaths were up sharply over the past 4 weeks.

Elsewhere in Asia, Thailand reported a steady rise in cases. The country is part of the WHO's Southeast Asia region, which saw an overall decrease over the most recent reporting period. Also, Indonesia reported a smaller rise in activity."

(more)

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/global-covid-19-activity-remains-mixed

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Seems like there's quite a bit of news media attention being given to the  rising COVID case counts in Australia, not at all different from Thailand.... Local coverage just from today and recent days:

Australia records 37,448 new Covid-19 cases as winter begins

A winter warning for Covid-19 is under way across Australia as tens of thousands of people contract the virus.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/australia-records-37448-new-covid19-cases-as-winter-begins/news-story/737a2b783ba14c5a7a58a323e8f4b187

Covid cases spike 28 per cent in a month as concerns rise about effect of a fifth wave of the virus on Australia's workforce

Experts have warned about a fifth wave of Covid across Australia, with a rise in case numbers and hospitalisations driving many Aussie workers to take sick leave.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12154213/Coronavirus-concerns-fifth-wave-Australia-28-cent-monthly-increase-case-numbers.html

‘Now’s the time’: Australians urged to get flu and COVID shots as cases rise

Australians are being urged to get their booster shots, with COVID-19 and influenza cases rising as the country heads into winter.

The number of notifications of laboratory-confirmed influenza has increased across Australia in the first two weeks of May, and the week to May 23 saw an average of 5884 COVID cases reported per day – part of a steady daily increase since February.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/2023/05/30/covid-flu-booster-winter/

China, Thailand, Australia, elsewhere.... I guess COVID isn't quite as "finished" or "done" as some people here mistakenly seem to think.

No one is saying it's finished. The point is the severity of Delta has finished. It's now Omicron. Can you not just accept that for the majority of countries and people it's no longer an issue other than for those who are at risk.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cmsally said:

It would be interesting to see a study comparing the efficacy of the Covid vaccines compared to that of various dosages of Vitamin D. Vitamin D has been found to lessen the likelihood of catching Covid as well as lessening the symptoms.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphar.2022.836738/full

Correlation does not prove causality.

33 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Well I guess if it suggests this is the case that's good enough. Do you suggest school children should be vaccinated continuosly with boosters? Even then it won't stop them from contracting and spreading the virus. Should all school children wear masks for decades to come?  Will this stop transmission? Sure school children spread viruses. It's a good environment for viruses to spread. Not the only one though. Public transport, workplaces etc, etc. This is the nature of viruses. Do you think it can be stopped? Hasn't so far. There have been some vaccines that have eradicated or almost eradicated viruses. The covid vaccines, however, haven't and won't. It is an endemic virus as is the common cold and the flu. It really is time to move on from this. It's here for a long time.

Were it not for poorly informed individuals, vaccination could eliminate the virus, as it did for Smallpox.

As for vaccination of schoolchildren, do you oppose Measles, Polio, etc vaccination?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MurakamiX said:

I was vaccinated, but had my last shot a good 18 months ago at least. I can't remember which ones I had however, but I had it twice. And like I said I didn't catch covid throughout the entire pandemic. 

You are a fugitive from the law of averages.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

The most important line in that WHO report you conveniently left out: 

"cases over the past 28 days were down 30% and deaths over the same period were down 39% "

Alarmist fearmongering is not beneficial to public health, please consider this. 

It's seems you discovered a case of cherry picking. Well done. What makes me wonder is why? Why not the actual reality. Why push this nonsense? I truly don't understand the mindset of some people. The cances of dying from covid globally now must have so many zeros after the decimal point. Even in Thailand. 0.000000?????.