Angry Passenger Exposes "City Van" for Providing Unsafe Additional Seats

webfact

I was given the plastic stool once and the row in front got a wooden plank so 2 extra passengers could be sqeezed in! This used to quite normal. Thankfully there are new micro busses on that upgraded route now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, proton said:

Never yet been in a van with working seat belts, they are usually tied up or useless if you try them. 

Not true, My friend has about 10 of them and everything is in perfect working order, I had to use her a few weeks ago go to the airport and back round trip 100km, The owners husband trains the drivers I think most of her customers are farangs, 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Not true, My friend has about 10 of them and everything is in perfect working order, I had to use her a few weeks ago go to the airport and back round trip 100km, The owners husband trains the drivers I think most of her customers are farangs, 

well they don't run from victory monument or any central then in Bkk, I refer to the normal mini van services for Thai, not private hire for foreigners

2 hours ago, webfact said:

It seems only fair that those who arrived first should board first.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

in this instance, those who arrived before us managed to secure the extra seats,

Say what ? :unsure:

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

Not so, they prioritize profit! They love to take advantage of naive tourists! Fair game!

All passengers paid for their seats, the issue is that more passengers than seats were sold. Priority was given to guests on apparently a first come-first serve basis for a seat.

Unless the operator refuses to refund seatless paying passengers nor provide another van for paying passenger overflow, there is no prioritizing profit. 

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

How about a crackdown on those rouge mini van operators? Oh I forgot, the police is busy cracking down on foreigners, you know, the real criminals, visa overstays and alike.

Most of the vans I see are white of silver not red.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Most of the vans I see are white of silver not red.

Rose-tinted glasses have helped me better deal with the general way of life here in Thailand.

Edited by rbkk

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Unless the operator refuses to refund seatless paying passengers nor provide another van for paying passenger overflow, there is no prioritizing profit. 

Well give the operator a hug for me too! ????